Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Layover in Milan MXP over night and where to stay in Palermo

Layover in Milan MXP over night and where to stay in Palermo

Old Aug 29, 18, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Smile Layover in Milan MXP over night and where to stay in Palermo

Hi there! I have 2 questions:

1. I have a layover from Sun 10pm in Milan from MXP to Mon 1:10pm from MXP to JFK. I am wondering what I should do during that time. If I go to the city center, are things open late on a Sunday night? Is there a place to stay that would be easy to get back to the airport? I'd imagine I'd need to be back to MXP by 10:10 or so for international flight. Also best ways to get to and from the airport?

2. I have one night to stay in Palermo before my flight to MXP - Sat to Sun eve flight. Any suggestions where to stay Sat night and where to go?

Thank you
Mary
Old Aug 30, 18, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
In your shoes, @ MXP I'd just stay at the Sheraton MXP and maybe get a massage in the AM. On a Sunday night, by the time you get there, there's not much worth doing in Milan unless you know where the late night party is (if any).

Relative to PMO, I'd stay downtown - the airport is close. I can recommend the Excelsior Hilton - very nice hotel (great service) and easy to walk around a nice area of Palermo. Food wise, Lo Scudiero is a solid, classic trattoria (Bib Gourmand Michelin), Piccolo Napoli despite the name is a very good Sicilian seafood restaurant. Both are easy walks from the Hilton. If you want a cheaper food option, Bar Pasticceria Alba has great arancini (and lot's more). It's a longer walk from the Hilton (I'd take a cab) but they do deliver as well.
Old Sep 5, 18, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Plat
I agree with JMN57 that Sunday night there is little reason to head in to Milan unless you have a specific contact. But if you have never been, it might be worth your while to get up early on Monday, take a train in to the city, walk around the center a bit (Duomo area, see the Galleria and a bit of the fashion district) and head back out to the airport. If you were at the Sheraton you could leave your stuff in your room....

Search this Thread