Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

is it possible to get from VCE to Alilaguna pier in time for this tour?

Old May 13, 18, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott PLT

Marriott moments is offering a tour of island Murano and Murano. I land at 11 a.m. Need to drop off bag at Courtyard airport hotel and then get to pier. The meeting time is 2:30 p.m.

Is this doable?
Old May 14, 18, 12:03 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I think the timing may be possible but I am curious as to why you are anxious about visiting Murano. Alas, it is not the island of artisans as in the past. You may find your time better spent on some of the other outer islands; i.e. Torcello and Burano.
Old May 14, 18, 7:47 am
Original Poster

It was an offer by Marriott Moments. I'm only staying at the airport Courtyard for 1 night. It's a 4-1/2 hr. tour of Murano, Murano and Torcello. The tour wasn't expensive but the cost of getting to the dock may be. I wrote the hotel and here's what they told me:

"The shuttle ride after the one at 11.30 is at 12.30 so I would suggest to catch a car taxi for the price of 15€.

You do not need to book a water taxi because usually they are available at the dock of the airport. The price would be around 100-120€."
Old May 14, 18, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
You can catch the Alilaguna Blue Line at the airport at the top and bottom of every hour. Arrives on Murano 30 minutes later. 15€ round-trip.

https://www.alilaguna.it/en/lines/li...o#&gid=1&pid=1
obscure2k likes this.
Old May 14, 18, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

so I think you're saying if I miss the departure at 2:30 I can pick up my tour on Murano?
Old May 15, 18, 12:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by gardengirl View Post
so I think you're saying if I miss the departure at 2:30 I can pick up my tour on Murano?
If you land at 11:00 AM, you'll retrieve your luggage and clear immigration/customs by noon. The Courtyard appears to be a 15 minute walk from the airport. You can be back to the boat dock at the airport in time to catch the 1:00 PM Blue Line boat to Murano. Isn't that where your tour starts?
Old May 17, 18, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Here’s how it went:
Well after today I feel more “expert” than before.

Caught the hotel shuttle from the airport. Had 10 mins. for quick shower and change. Hotel again suggested the slow ferry (2hrs) from airport and I got the next shuttle back. This eliminates changing modes of transportation once you get to the island. The water bus is soooo sloooow.got to the dock in plenty of time.

I noticed on the way the water bus got to murano rather quickly.

Tour was very much described as above...underwhelming. Besides that we had a downpour that began on Torcello and continued to Burano. I caught water bus from Burano to murano to get back to airport without having to return to Venice.

Guide was helpful getting me back but herdescriptions were minimal. She seemed to read them in English,Italian, and German.

Search this Thread