Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Venice-->Rome hotel/lodging

Old May 3, 18, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

First part of July, flying into Venice and out of Rome, family of 4 [myself, wife, 2 teens], around 10 days in length. Not sure of exact itinerary, other than it looks like we'll arrive in Venice and depart in Rome.

Any recommendations on accommodations? My wife is checking vrbo/airbnb, but I have a ton of Chase UR points [so Hyatt] as well as several IHG points, HHilton, and SPG/Marriott points.
Old May 3, 18, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
What research have you done already?
Which hotels are you looking at? What are your interests? What do you plan to do?
Your question is far too broad ... and pretty much unanswerable ... and no one is going to do the research for you.
Also, there (likely) are local (non-chain) hotel alternatives that may be better situated to your travel plans.
Old May 3, 18, 5:15 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by chevy454 View Post
First part of July, flying into Venice and out of Rome, family of 4 [myself, wife, 2 teens], around 10 days in length. Not sure of exact itinerary, other than it looks like we'll arrive in Venice and depart in Rome.

Any recommendations on accommodations? My wife is checking vrbo/airbnb, but I have a ton of Chase UR points [so Hyatt] as well as several IHG points, HHilton, and SPG/Marriott points.
SPG/Marriott points work well in Venice, as there are some nice properties there. No Hyatts in Venice and The Hilton (IMHO) is in an inconvenient location.
Old May 3, 18, 6:33 pm
JBD

Rome

I guess you didn't see this Sticky above - it should be of use to you:
Where to stay in Rome [Merged thread]

If I had your hotel points I'd seriously consider this brand new Marriott option:
The Pantheon Iconic Rome Hotel, Autograph Collection - Rome Italy
obscure2k likes this.
Old May 18, 18, 8:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass

Your wife is definitely on the right track. In Venice last year, we (4) stayed in the Four Points Mestre on points (recommended). But its very pricey otherwise. And the brekkie was only complimentary for Plats! If you go with this option, I recommend the regional train service. Operates every hour to Santa Lucia. This year, I am looking into AirBnBs, the prices are better and brekkie is included!
Rome is another story. We went with the Sheraton. Nice pool, great Plat recognition. But to get to central Rome, you need to take a shuttle..................they charge for the service if you don't have Plat status!

Search this Thread