Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Does verbaliweb.muniweb.it update after paying a speeding ticket?

Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
I received written notice of a speeding ticket. I logged on to verbaliweb using the info in the notice, confirmed it was my rental car and I was in Italy at the time. The next day, I wired funds via Transferwise to the bank noted on the notice. Transferwise sent a confirmation the funds were sent/received the next day. With speeding tickets there are differing amounts based on when the ticket is paid (e.g., pay x within 5 days, pay y within I think 60 days, or pay the full amount plus incurring late fees). I paid the lowest amount since I paid right away. Months have passed and verbaliweb site now shows that I owe the greater amount. In Italian, I sent an email to the commune police station asking if they received the funds and if I had a balance due. That was weeks ago, and I never heard back. I hesitate to call because my verbal Italian is not that good, and I have found the small towns often do not have someone who speaks English.
So....my question is....Did anyone pay via verbaliweb and was their payment ever recorded on the website?
Old May 1, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Never heard of this website (which now is down) but as long as you hold the receipt won't have nothing to worry about.
Don't bother trying to dialogue with local authorities as it's like a rubber wall, let alone expect an email reply.

Paying within 5 days you saved 30% of the amount and is a great option.

If some day the collection agency (Equitalia) comes after you, which I doubt, show them the payment invoice and they will nullify the position right away.
obscure2k and bowen43 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.