Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Milan MXP Alitalia to Saudia

Old Oct 3, 17, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Hi Everyone im thinking of booking two separate flights tickets, that means I will arrive in MXP T1 at 08:50 with Alitalia from Ams, and my new flight will departure from MXP T1 at 11:00 with Saudia to Jed, don't know if it makes a difference but both of them will be in J Class.

I know its a bit tight, but without any delay is there a big chance or am i able to make it?
Old Oct 3, 17, 8:11 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The Amsterdam flight (AZ119) will land at Linate whilst the Saudia flight will take off from Malpensa, so zero chance you will make it
Old Oct 3, 17, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Plat
To the OP: There are two airports in Milan, one close to the city, Linate (LIN) and one further away (with two terminals) Malpensa (MXP). Transit time between the two is around an hour under good conditions. Landing at Linate, getting through the airport, and jumping in a cab, you'd be lucky to make it to MXP in an hour and a half, then you would need to clear security and passport control at MXP to get to the Saudia gate. As the previous poster notes, this is not going to work.
Old Oct 3, 17, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
I'm confused because OP said he is landing at MXP, and departing from MXP. "I will arrive in MXP T1 at 08:50," and "my new flight will departure from MXP T1 at 11:00." I don't know which airlines depart from which airport. Some use both. If OP is correct, that he arrives and departs from MXP, that is one thing. If he arrives at Linate and departs from MXP, that is a problem. I once paid a taxi driver some incredible amount of money to get me from one to the other, and he must have been driving 100 mph. If the car in front of him wouldn't move out of the way, he'd speed up and tap their rear bumper, but I made the flight. It was probably the most harrowing car ride I've ever been on, so don't do that.

I think the question is, if OP is right that he/she arrives and departs from MXP, or has to make that transfer.
Old Oct 4, 17, 4:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Plat
I think ajeleonard correctly noted that the Alitalia AMS flight that lands at 850 lands at LIN, not MXP.

Search this Thread