Wiki Posts
Search

Truffle Festival Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Truffle Festival Lodging

Decided to check out the truffle festival this fall. Have the travel figured out, but now working on accommodations.

Looking for high-end (or as nice as possible) lodging, either in or within close striking distance to Alba for a long weekend. Hotel would be nice, but apartment, agriturismo or anything else is fine, so long its well-appointed, spacious and comfortable. Will probably rent a car to buzz around, so that should add a little flexibility. Probably just me and maybe one other person.

Suggestions either here or by PM would be great. If you've attended the festival and happen to know of any wonderful restaurants, from high-end to simple, those suggestions would be great too.

Thanks a bunch.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
This sounds like a great idea. I lived and worked in Piedmont for almost a year, and it is spectacular. In the opinion of many, it beats Tuscany, hands down. It just hasn't marketed itself like Tuscany has. It's also arguably Italy's best wine making region. There are associations of agriturismos, and perhaps you can try a few telling them what you want. Some of them offer stellar, top notch places located 10 minutes from Alba, and have all of the amenities, including pools, outdoor hot tubs, etc. You can try these. One is an association called Agriturismo.it, and fill in what you want. They'll tell you what's available, and economical price for Piedmont will be pretty appealing. http://www.agriturismo.it/en/

There is also a woman, Margot Kruif. She is like the Katie Parla of agriturismo. She checks out the luxury ones, and rates them. Although Tuscan based, she writes books about agriturismo in Piedmonte as well. She's a million times more reliable than rating systems like trip advisor.

Your making a wise choice. You're going to be stunned how economical it is, compared to staying in a hotel. Click on the ones you might like on this map. https://www.myitalyselection.com/map...rismo-piedmont.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.