Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Italian Student Visa

Italian Student Visa

Old Jul 5, 17, 4:16 am
Original Poster
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Italian Student Visa

Okay so I have registered for a six month Language course at Kappa Language School in Rome.Firstly do you think this would be sufficient enough to obtain a student visa?

I am also wondering if it would be possible for me to stay abit longer in Italy to travel abit after my course- perhaps a month? Does the Italian embassy usually give you a visa for the exact amount of study time or do they allow abit of time for settlement into country/travel etc.

thank you for your help!!
Kirsssttty is offline  
Old Jul 5, 17, 9:06 am
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SFO
Posts: 3,596
You should work with your language school on this. They often have a process and support for students.

PWMTrav is offline  
Old Jul 5, 17, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 83,798
What passport(s) does the OP have? Also, isn't this something that should have been checked before "registering" (and presumably paying) for a course?
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Jul 17, 17, 10:19 am
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Dubai
Posts: 11
If your course took more then 90 days then You have to apply the Permesso di siggorno (Residence Permit). A Permesso di siggorno issue from 6 months to 1 year depending on your course length.

A student visa would be only for the entry and after enter in italy you have to apply for the Permesso di siggorno (Residence Permit) in the local Questura (Immigration Department).

It will normally cost 250 euro for one year that contain one year medical emergency insurance.

If you apply for 6 months permesso di siggorno then it will cost you around 180 Euro.
alisyed8 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread