Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]

FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 11, 18, 4:31 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JBD
Wiki Link
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
Aeroporto Internazionale Leonardo da Vinci
Main airport of Rome, located in Fiumicino
NOTE: Wikiposts are community property and maintained; they can be edited by signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts.
Wikipost contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner next to Edit button).

Location: 35 km (22 mi.) southwest of Rome, connected by road (taxi, etc. approx. one hour) and train (30 minutes).

Address: Aeroporto Internazionale Fiumicino, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy

Websites
Link to Rome Airports official site (English); Collegamento a sito ufficiale di Aeroporti di Roma (Italiano)
Extensive information on transportation, arrivals and departures, etc.
Link to Wikipedia page on FCO.

Terminals
FCO has Terminals 1, 2, 3 and 5, not connected airside.
NOTE: Gates G and H changed 1 December 2017 to boarding areas “E”. See Perche's post here and ADR announcement here.
  • Terminal 1 (Gates B1-B13 and B14-B30, but non-Schengen flights that check in here use the E gates) is used by Alitalia (short-haul flights) Air France, AirBerlin, Croatia Airlines,[5] Delta, Etihad Regional and KLM.
  • Terminal 2 (Gates C1-C7) is mainly used by easyJet with Blue Air, Wizz Air, and Ryanair being the only other tenants.
  • Terminal 3 (Gates C8-C16, D1-D10, H1-H3, H6-H19 and G1-G14) is the largest terminal and used by Alitalia (long-haul flights), Vueling and several other companies.
  • Terminal 5(Gates H1-H3, H6-H19 and G1-G14, CHANGED to boarding area "E" 1 Dec 2016) is used by all U.S. and Israeli carriers (for departures only - arrivals are usually in T3 - just double confirm for your specific flight). Terminal 5, used by U.S. and Israeli carriers, was closed in spring 2017. Delta now checks in at T1; the others at T3.

Lodging
Two hotels located at FCO, One located on its periphery:
Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Via Arturo Ferrarin, 2, 00054 Fiumicino, Rome, Italy
TEL: +39-06-65258 FAX: +39-06-6525 6525
517 Soundproofed rooms
Airport Train Station at walking distance
Connected to all terminals by covered pedestrian walkway
Courtesy shuttle to / from all terminals (2.5 mi / 4 km loop)
Complimentary shuttle bus to downtown Rome 8 times a day
Link to property website
Dedicated FT thread: Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

HelloSky Rome
Via Generale Felice Santini (Aeroporto Leonardo da Vinci), 00054 Fiumicino RM
TEL +39 06 971 50 200
E-mail: [email protected]
Located landside, in front of Terminals 1 and 3
29 Rooms, not a traditional hotel: includes an arrivals lounge, shower rentals and VIP fast track offers
More info in this post: FCO: HelloSky's New Arrival Lounge + Air Rooms (Hilton no longer only onsite hotel)

Hilton Garden Inn
Via Vittorio Bragadin, 2, 00054 Fiumicino Rome, Italy
TEL: +39-06-6525 9000 FAX: +39-06-6525 9001
Courtesy shuttle to / from all terminals (2.5 mi / 4 km loop - no pedestrian access
Dedicated FT thread: Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Other hotels and B&Bs are located at Fiumicino near the airport, including Best Western Hotel Rome Airport, Golden Tulip, Sllep and Fly, etc.

Transport
Link to FT thread: FCO ground transportation options
Link to ADR FCO page on transport, parking, etc.
Link to Rome Toolkit page on FCO surface transport.

Train Station is well signed, covered pedestrian way with moving walkways, lifts / escalators, 5-10 minutes walking from terminals.
Leonardo Express (Trenitalia) to/from Rome Termini railway station departing every 15-30 minutes and trip time of 32 minutes. 14€. Onward connections. Advance online ticket purchase includes discounts include fast track and FCO lounges. Trenitalia link
Regional FL1 trains to/from other Rome stations including Rome Tiburtina. Departures every 15 to 30 minutes.
Frecciargento (Trenitalia high speed train) to / from cities of Rome, Florence, Bologna, Padua and Venice daily.
Departure from Fiumicino Airport: 11.08 and 15:08. Arrival at Fiumicino Airport: 9:52 and 13:52

Bus link (Terravision info on this linked page is outdated. See the other link below)
Several local busses serve FCO, and can get you to Ostia Lido, Fiumicino, several Rome locations including Termini rail station, connections to the underground, etc. Terravision bus is the one of the economical transport to Rome at 5.90€. Link.
Or try S.I.T from T-3 with three stops in the center. http://www.sitbusshuttle.com/en/fares/

Left luggage / porterage
Luggage storage in Terminal 3, International Arrivals, daily every 6:30 am to 11:30 pm
Telephone: +39 0665953541
Rate: 6€ per suitcase for up to 24 hours; payment upon collection of baggage.
Luggage porter service available for a fee, which can be requested at the ADR information desks and from the interactive multimedia stations.
​To book the porter service:
Telephone +39 0665958349-7510
Fax +39 0665955133
email [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 5, 19, 10:58 am

Lounge options in FCO

Flying into FCO on DL444 from JFK, which arrives into Terminal 3. What is my best lounge option for my ~2 hour layover? I'm a Delta Gold Medallion and have Priority Pass as well. Can I access Casa Alitalia in Terminal 3 before I go through passport control? Or perhaps the Plaza Premium lounge?
Old Sep 8, 19, 2:14 am

I am flying out of Terminal 1 FCO -> Paris on Air France. Can I access any of the T3 priority pass lounges? Are and of the T3 lounges connected without going through security again?
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:47 am

I''m flying ATL-FCO-CTA. tomorrow. AZ just cancelled my FCO-CTA and re-booked me TEN HOURS later, as they have cancelled all flights in between, Would I have enough time to arrive with DL at 10:50a pick up my checked luggage and then check in with Ryanair for at 1:10p departure? I understand that both would be in Terminal 3.
If 2 hrs 20 minutes enough time to go through passport control pick luggage, check in woht Ryanair and go through security again? USA passport.

Thanks all
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by elsie View Post
If 2 hrs 20 minutes enough time to go through passport control pick luggage, check in woht Ryanair and go through security again? USA passport.

Thanks all
I think that’s tight. It is possible, but a lot of things have to go smoothly. If your first flight runs late, or there’s an extra long line at immigration, it throws off everything. Can you book the Ryan flight refundable? If you make it, fine. If not, you get a refund and wait the 10 hours for your AZ flight.
Also, is this Business, coach, first?
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:58 am

Ok GREAT! We will book with a 3 hour 25 minute connection. Thanks cheaptom for the swift reply.!
Old Oct 7, 19, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by elsie View Post
I''m flying ATL-FCO-CTA. tomorrow. AZ just cancelled my FCO-CTA and re-booked me TEN HOURS later, as they have cancelled all flights in between, Would I have enough time to arrive with DL at 10:50a pick up my checked luggage and then check in with Ryanair for at 1:10p departure? I understand that both would be in Terminal 3.

Thanks all
If you have a US passport, you'll be able to use the automated immigration gates on arrival (and departure). This'll save at least 1 hour in line at passport control. Bag claim is quick.
FCO is very efficient, however you may experience a delay on your incoming flight from ATL.
Old Oct 7, 19, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by edo01 View Post
If you have a US passport, you'll be able to use the automated immigration gates on arrival (and departure). This'll save at least 1 hour in line at passport control. Bag claim is quick.
FCO is very efficient, however you may experience a delay on your incoming flight from ATL.
Thank you Edo!
Old Oct 15, 19, 4:15 pm

I will be flying BCN-FCO-LAX tomorrow in J with only 1 hr in FCO to transit. Are there any special precautions or preparations I should take to ensure I make it? Will not have any checked luggage.
Old Oct 16, 19, 9:31 am

No "precautions" needed. If your incoming flight is on-time, one hour is perfectly fine for a connection Schengen -> non-Schengen.
Old Nov 8, 19, 9:33 am

Hi All,

I am an Indian passport holder travelling from London Heathrow to Delhi via FCO airport through ALItalia. I have single ticket from LHR-FCO-DEL.

My flight from London Heathrow to FCO will land at terminal 3 then I need to catch AlItalia flight to Delhi which normally departs from gate "E".

Couple of questions

1. Do I need to change Terminal or gate "E" are within Terminal 3 only
2. Do I need to go through passport control while moving from Terminal 3 arrival to Gate "E"
3.Do I need to go through security control while moving from Terminal 3 arrival to Gate "E"
3. I have 3 hours transit time

Thanks in advance for your response
Old Nov 8, 19, 10:56 am

You don't have to change terminals, neither do you have to go through passport control and, you guessed it, no need to go through security. Finally, 3 hours is much more than enough time for what you have to do.

Of course, all of the above is true if you travel on a single ticket, you already have your BP for the "Alitalia flight". But then, 3 hours would still be more than enough.
Old Nov 8, 19, 11:04 am

Thanks for the information.

I have single Alitalia ticket and will have boarding pass for LHR-FCO-DEL flight

Search this Thread