Reload this Page >

FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rove312
Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO)
Aeroporto Internazionale Leonardo da Vinci
Main airport of Rome, located in Fiumicino
NOTE: Wikiposts are community property and maintained; they can be edited by signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts.
Wikipost contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner next to Edit button).

Location: 35 km (22 mi.) southwest of Rome, connected by road (taxi, etc. approx. one hour) and train (30 minutes).

Address: Aeroporto Internazionale Fiumicino, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy

Websites
Link to Rome Airports official site (English); Collegamento a sito ufficiale di Aeroporti di Roma (Italiano)
Extensive information on transportation, arrivals and departures, etc.
Link to Wikipedia page on FCO.

Terminals
As of December 2021, FCO's active terminals are T1 and T3.

To determine the terminal for your airline, do a search at https://www.adr.it/web/aeroporti-di-...ore-travelling . As of May 2022, the list of airlines using each terminal appears outdated; for example Lufthansa isn't on the list of airlines using T1, but a search shows it using T1. For the most part, Schengen based airlines use Terminal 1; non-Schengen Terminal 3.

Gates are numbered with A for Schengen, E for non-Schengen; U.S.-bound flights are generally from the satellite gate area E31-44, accessed by a rail people mover. All gates can be accessed from either terminal; for example ITA flights to the U.S. check in at T1, on the east side of the complex, but depart from the satellite gates well to the west.

Baggage claim is at T1 for Schengen (i.e. if connecting, the flight to FCO departs from a Schengen airport), T3 for non-Schengen, regardless of which terminal the airline uses for check-in.

Lodging
Two hotels located at FCO, One located on its periphery:
Hilton Rome Airport Hotel
Via Arturo Ferrarin, 2, 00054 Fiumicino, Rome, Italy
TEL: +39-06-65258 FAX: +39-06-6525 6525
517 Soundproofed rooms
Airport Train Station at walking distance
Connected to all terminals by covered pedestrian walkway
Courtesy shuttle to / from all terminals (2.5 mi / 4 km loop)
Complimentary shuttle bus to downtown Rome 8 times a day
Link to property website
Dedicated FT thread: Hilton Rome Airport {ITA}

HelloSky Rome
Via Generale Felice Santini (Aeroporto Leonardo da Vinci), 00054 Fiumicino RM
TEL +39 06 971 50 200
E-mail: [email protected]
Located landside, in front of Terminals 1 and 3
29 Rooms, not a traditional hotel: includes an arrivals lounge, shower rentals and VIP fast track offers
More info in this post: FCO: HelloSky's New Arrival Lounge + Air Rooms (Hilton no longer only onsite hotel)

Hilton Garden Inn
Via Vittorio Bragadin, 2, 00054 Fiumicino Rome, Italy
TEL: +39-06-6525 9000 FAX: +39-06-6525 9001
Courtesy shuttle to / from all terminals (2.5 mi / 4 km loop - no pedestrian access
Dedicated FT thread: Hilton Garden Inn Rome Airport {ITA}

Other hotels and B&Bs are located at Fiumicino near the airport, including Best Western Hotel Rome Airport, Golden Tulip, Sllep and Fly, etc.

Transport
Link to FT thread: FCO ground transportation options
Link to ADR FCO page on transport, parking, etc.
Link to Rome Toolkit page on FCO surface transport.

Train Station is well signed, covered pedestrian way with moving walkways, lifts / escalators, 5-10 minutes walking from terminals.
Leonardo Express (Trenitalia) to/from Rome Termini railway station departing every 15-30 minutes and trip time of 32 minutes. 14€. Onward connections. Advance online ticket purchase includes discounts include fast track and FCO lounges. Trenitalia link
Regional FL1 trains to/from other Rome stations including Rome Tiburtina. Departures every 15 to 30 minutes.
Frecciargento (Trenitalia high speed train) to / from cities of Rome, Florence, Bologna, Padua and Venice daily.
Departure from Fiumicino Airport: 13.53. Arrival at Fiumicino Airport: 14.07.

Bus link (Terravision info on this linked page is outdated. See the other link below)
Several local busses serve FCO, and can get you to Ostia Lido, Fiumicino, several Rome locations including Termini rail station, connections to the underground, etc. Terravision bus is the one of the economical transport to Rome at 5.90€. Link.
Or try S.I.T from T-3 with three stops in the center. http://www.sitbusshuttle.com/en/fares/
Direct bus to Naples: https://www.fiumicinoexpress.com/?lang=en

Left luggage / porterage
Luggage storage in Terminal 3, International Arrivals, daily every 7 am to 11 pm
Telephone: +39 0665953541
Rate: 10€ per suitcase for up to 24 hours; payment upon collection of baggage.
Luggage porter service available for a fee, which can be requested at the ADR information desks and from the interactive multimedia stations.
​To book the porter service:
Telephone +39 0665958349-7510
Fax +39 0665955133
email [email protected]

Print Wikipost

FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Dining in fco rome airport

https://www.eater.com/2018/11/15/180...micino-airport
KLouis likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:41 am

Hi, flying FCO-EWR in a couple of days on United in J and got conflicting info from the hotel folks. It's direct flight to the US obviously, so any idea which terminal we leave from? With no checked lugggae, do we go through security first and the passport control later in another area? And also, is there an equivalent of security Fast-Trak or TSA-Pre if I have Global Entry and a J ticket ? Thanks for any help.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:53 am

That would be Terminal 3, the far left end from the perspective of someone entering the terminal (but I don't think you can enter from outside in that area; there's nominally a checkpoint inside to see that people going to that check-in area are passengers). The departure boards show counter numbers assigned to that flight (which you may not need if you've gotten boarding passes online). I think it is security, then passport control (which has an automated option, put your passport on a scanner), not sure about fast track.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:22 pm

There's fast track for business class passengers at FCO, you should get an invitation card from the CI counter of your airline, although I'm certain that they'll let you through if class flown is indicated on your OLCI BP.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:21 am

United FCO to U.S. Flights indeed depart from Terminal 3. Terminal 3 can be a madhouse, with hundreds of check-in counters for dozens and dozen of international airlines. These counters are numbered like 1-450, covering all of T3.
United's counters are on the far far left, numbered in the 400s. If you need to check luggage or to check in with an agent, you go to on of the 400s counters. United agents are only there in the morning, since that is when their flights depart. Once you check in with the counter, you go through security check way off to the left. This is NOT the same security check that you see 90% of everyone going through on the far right of T3. The one on the right has fast trak. The one on the left did not have it, but the lines are short, since it was only for UA and Delta.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:54 pm

Alitalia T3 to T1 transfer

Hi,

I have following flights on a single Alitalia ticket and I am a British passport holder.

AZ 769 DEL to FCO

Layover 1 hr 10 min

AZ 212 FCO to LHR

Question is that would the luggage be transferred by alitalia or do I have rechecking the luggage in FCO ?

Also is 1 hour 10 mins just about OK to transfer and do I have to go to security or only passport control ?

I would be thankful for any preview into the process I would be going through.

Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:04 pm

If you've checked your luggage, it will be automatically transferred as is the case in all European airports. There is a mass of pertinent info in the FCO thread up in the stickies section, no real need to write up everything again, please do read the relevant posts.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:04 pm

To say it briefly, Terminal 1 wouldn't be involved if you aren't checking in for the flight there. Both flights being non-Schengen , they would use E gates. I would guess you would avoid passport control by staying in a transit area, but you'd have a security check.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:45 am

DEL-FCO-LHR should be okay with no security or passports involved (unless you end up at a remote stand and depending where you get dropped off), there would have been a security check and passport control straight after when transiting [from E] to either D/C/B.

Last but not least, welcome to FlyerTalk @gettomahesh.

G
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:39 am

Based on post #557 of this thread, is India considered a "clean" country in terms of pax arriving from there not needing security for a connecting flight?
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:59 am

With the aircraft docking at an E gate, I really can’t see any other alternative ‘channel’ apart from exiting the plane through the main hall [where the other gates are], unless you end up at the satellite (E31-E44), and I’m not entirely sure in this particular scenario as all my recent flights (SCL, LAX) parked at the new pier: I had to go through security (and clear passports) but I was heading to a B gate hence, in a nutshell, say I was going to LHR at 9:40AM (AZ212, departing from the gate ‘next door’), I would have just taken a seat waiting for my next flight. I could be wrong of course and India may have a dedicated channel together with other flights arriving from other countries such as Israel, Iran and so on.

G
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:28 pm

Hello all.
Wanted to ask the experts ie my pretty tight connection from LHR-FCO-TUN (50 mins) next week and I’m pretty certain I’ll have to transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 (carry on only so no worries with luggage). Unfortunately I’ll be on two separate AZ tickets and the TUN flight is the last one of the day (land at FCO from LHR at 1555 and TUN flight departs at 1645). Is it much of an issue going from T1 to T3 non-Schengen (I don’t have to clear customs/immigration/do security again, do I?) or should I just bite the bullet and plan on staying at FCO for the night and getting the first flight out in the am the following day (will be buying the tickets in the next couple of days)? Many thanks for your help - haven’t been to FCO in years...
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:40 pm

I don't think T1 will be involved; it's the check-in facility for AZ flights, but both your non-Schengen flights would use the E gates, which are in back of T3. From what's been said in recent posts, there's no passport control, and there's security only if you arrive at the satellite gates, which I think isn't likely. Whether to advise this, especially on separate tickets, I'm not so sure.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:04 am

@Janos: Although many FCO users have noticed the big improvements of the airport, even without a change of terminals 50 minutes remains a rather short period of time to call it absolutely safe. Two things speak against your plans: a) a flight coming in from London which may well have a short delay of, say, 10-15 minutes which will "eat up" most of your time buffer and b) different tickets that will cause your second ticket to be cancelled if you miss your flight. Of course, if everything goes smoothly, you'll even have enough time for an expresso. I'm not a gambler and I would not risk it, but you may well be one...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
CTA-FCO-JFK

Hi,
I’ve flown out of FCO numerous times but next month I will be connecting through it for the first time.
I’m traveling from Catania to Jfk through FCO and am asking for help as to what I will need expect in the experience I will have.
I’m traveling in business class, have a US Passport, and the connection time is about 2 and half hours.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Last edited by NickyEWR; Feb 5, 2019 at 8:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.