Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Train from Bologna to Rimini

Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue

I want to do a day trip to San Marino from Bologna, this requires a return journey from Bologna to Rimini which I am going to do by train. I'd like some advice as to whether I need to book the trains in advance, or if I can just buy a ticket on the day. If I do need to book in advance, what's the best website to use? I've done a lot of travelling by train but not in Italy before now.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 9:38 pm

Try the Trenitalia site to see exactly the schedule for the day you want to travel. For example, tomorrow from 8 am to 11 am there are 10 trains ranging from slow regional ones (90 minutes, € 9.50) to the superheats Frecciarossa (55 minutes € 25.00). You don't have to buy in advance for any of the trains, but if you want a Freccia (rossa o bianca) it's recommendable, as prices may go up (e.g. no simple coach but only business class available). If it were me, I'd go for the cheaper and slower trains, thinking that the 30 extra minuted on them is not worth the difference in price.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.