Reload this Page >

FCO to Rome transportation options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JBD
Ground Transportation Options (Including Taxis, Trains, Buses and Shuttles) from 060608 - an Official Rome Tourist site
060608 Aeroporto di Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci - Services and connections

Car Service Options Recommended by Many FTers Over Many Years
Stefano's Rome Cabs Cost €50 for one way transfer. (Price is for up to 3 people with luggage. Additional charges for more people and late night service).
TripAdvisor Reviews

Rome Shuttle Limousine Cost €50 for one way transfer. If booking a roundtrip there is a €5 discount. (Price is for up to 3 people with luggage. Additional charges for more people and late night service).
TripAdvisor Reviews

How To Check for Upcoming Transportation Strikes
Link to official website showing schedule of upcoming transport strikes (in Italian)
Link to site above, translated through google
Link to a search for strikes on website "Wanted in Rome". (This is a well maintained site geared to expats which will post info about upcoming strikes, usually a day or so beforehand).
Print Wikipost

FCO to Rome transportation options

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:52 pm

On Sundays, the first Leonardo Express (to Termini) leaves FCO at 6:08, while the first train that stops at all other stations (but not Termini) at 5:57, and of course there are taxis that you can take (no idea about Uber, I never use them). The advantage of the train is the price (€14 to Termini, €8 elsewhere), while the cab will bring you directly to your hotel, a big plus if you don't know the city well enough to combine your trip into town with a bus/metro. Also, given the taxi flat rate (€44 for 1 to 3 passengers) the price difference may not be that big after all (relatively speaking). If you land on time, you should be able to leave the airport approximately between 5:30 and 6:00.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 8:39 pm

The fixed taxi fare is actually €48 to central Rome (inside the Aurelian Walls). Last I saw Uber was only allowed for more expensive town car services. Some people like car services --I like Rome shuttle taxi limousine service airport and port --that you book and get a driver with a sign with your name, and it should be pretty close to the taxi fare. I've gotten to prefer a taxi on arrival and the car service for the departure from Rome.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:20 am

We”ll be staying just off Corso Vittorio Emanuele where Google Maps says up to 45 minutes to FCO in Monday morning rush. We’re planning to book a car service: would booking it at 7.15 or 7.30 be good for being entirely comfortable for a 9.55 Vueling departure to BCN? We have boarding passes printed saying check-in opens at 7.25 and closes at 9.05. Other complications:

1. There is the risk of flight cancellations because of a ground handling strike at BCN; we hope to know a couple of days early if this will in fact be our flight.

2. We’ll be connecting much later in the day to a LEVEL flight to the U.S. We don’t know if we’ll be able to check in in advance for that, so it could make extra complications to see if at FCO we can get our BPs and bags checked through.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:13 am

First things first: Leaving your hotel at 7:15 will most probably get you to FCO before 8, so you shouldn't worry. Then, complication #1 , well... As for complication #2 , Vueling handles/interlines with Level at FCO? The Vueling site doe not include Level as a partner, it only mentions Iberia and BA. Thus only people who took this combination on a single ticket (is this possible???) should be in a position to answer; better ask that particular question in a different forum.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:45 am

This was booked as a single ticket on an IB award, and the bags were interlined on the inbound.(I did the checkins separately.). I have a topic on problems with this booking on the Other European Airlines forum. Vueling let me print BPs over a month in advance, LEVEL redirects to IB for this booking, and IB says to start the checkin through Vueling. I’ll see what happens at T-24 of both flights, and see at FCO if a through bag check can happen.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:05 pm

OK, then "delete" all I wrote about your ticket, the airlines, etc., and simply continue with your plan to take the car to FCO at 7:15. Traffic picks up dramatically after that.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I'm going to be departing FCO in the middle of July, our hotel is right next to Roma Termini and I was planning on taking the Trenitalia to/from the airport but it looks like the first train of the morning doesn't leave until 9:00 (this is on a Thursday) and our flight departs at 11:45. Is it that the schedule isn't loaded yet for July or should we plan on making alternate arrangements to the airport.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 6:21 pm

No reason to make alternate arrangements! This is is 100% due to the fact that the summer schedule has not yet been loaded: the Trenitalia search utility only works for dates prior to June 14...
hi55us likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 12:28 pm

Any updated suggestions? Arriving 25-December at 22:30 and would like to find the easiest way to our hotel. Rome Shuttle Limo is saying they do not have any drivers / or availablity. I am checking in with Rome Cabs now. Any other suggestions?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

If you are staying in a hotel (as opposed to AirBNB) suggest contacting the concierge at your hotel. Taxis may be difficult to find on Christmas Day.
Good luck
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
If you are staying in a hotel (as opposed to AirBNB) suggest contacting the concierge at your hotel. Taxis may be difficult to find on Christmas Day.
Good luck
Sonder, but same as an AirBnB. Yeah. I am realizing how difficult this might be.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Any updated suggestions? Arriving 25-December at 22:30 and would like to find the easiest way to our hotel. Rome Shuttle Limo is saying they do not have any drivers / or availablity. I am checking in with Rome Cabs now. Any other suggestions?
The last Leonardo Express looks like it runs at 11:53pm to Termini. That may be an option if everything runs on time for you.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:25 am
Suspended

Thumbs up

Hi, Limousine U.A.R.A. is available too for transfer service from Fiumicino to Rome. Fixed rates for the transfer service to/from Rome, Fiumicino Airport, Ciampino Airport, Port of Civitavecchia.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Questions about the Leonardo Express...

* How long of a walk (normal speed) is it from the high A gates to the train? Just trying to figure out if we could possibly make a certain train if we walked fast enough (technically we'd have about 32 minutes to deplane and walk).
* Is it an issue if I book a train for a certain time, but due to flight delays, we have to take a later train?
* We are traveling as a group of 5, but it seems like the website cannot comprehend doing the 4 for 40€ plus one extra ticket in one transaction.
* Do I really need to book train tickets in advance? Can I just buy the 4-pack and a single ticket at the ticket kiosk at FCO?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:01 pm

Is this to connect to a long-distance train, or just to go to Rome? From other posts I rather think it's the latter, in which case these questions mostly don't matter, since the Leonardo Express doesn't have reserved seating and you don't book a specific train. So I'd say yes to your last question, or you could buy your tickets on the Trenitalia app when you're at the airport and sure which train you'll make; I think then the ticket is valid for trains for a certain number of hours past the one you choose. It could be 4 for 40 + 14 for the fifth, but then I'd say to look at a taxi for a fixed fare of €50. I guess you're too many for a conventional taxi, but you might check for a minivan from a car service, and it would be about the same as the train fare in more comfort.
pseudoswede likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.