Reload this Page >

FCO to Rome transportation options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JBD
Ground Transportation Options (Including Taxis, Trains, Buses and Shuttles) from 060608 - an Official Rome Tourist site
060608 Aeroporto di Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci - Services and connections

Car Service Options Recommended by Many FTers Over Many Years
Stefano's Rome Cabs Cost €50 for one way transfer. (Price is for up to 3 people with luggage. Additional charges for more people and late night service).
TripAdvisor Reviews

Rome Shuttle Limousine Cost €50 for one way transfer. If booking a roundtrip there is a €5 discount. (Price is for up to 3 people with luggage. Additional charges for more people and late night service).
TripAdvisor Reviews

How To Check for Upcoming Transportation Strikes
Link to official website showing schedule of upcoming transport strikes (in Italian)
Link to site above, translated through google
Link to a search for strikes on website "Wanted in Rome". (This is a well maintained site geared to expats which will post info about upcoming strikes, usually a day or so beforehand).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA L.T. PLT

We'll be ending our Italy trip in Rome and have a Wed morning (9:00am) flight out of FCO.

Which would be considered better to do... Stay at an airport hotel or would a stay in a Rome hotel be OK. We'd be taking a shuttle / private car to the airport from Rome.

Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Sixt Platinum, HH Silver
Hi,
come on, you don't want to spend your last night in Italy in an airport hotel...;-)
I haven't gone there by car but there is a very good train connection that takes you from Termini station to FCO in half an hour. Do you know where you will stay in Rome?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StrophariaCube
Hi,
come on, you don't want to spend your last night in Italy in an airport hotel...;-)
I haven't gone there by car but there is a very good train connection that takes you from Termini station to FCO in half an hour. Do you know where you will stay in Rome?
Probably at the Westin Excelsior
Old Jan 4, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Sixt Platinum, HH Silver
Then you can almost walk to the station. I would stay there and take a train at 6ish.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StrophariaCube
Then you can almost walk to the station. I would stay there and take a train at 6ish.
Hmmm... I've looked at the map and when you say almost... I would interpret that as what.. 1/2 hour walk?

So a cab to the station. Do they have express trains to the airport. Being the train noob that I am, I'm worried I might get on the wrong train and then I'd really be in a world of hurt.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Platinum, Marriot Gold, Delta Platinum
We had the same doubts when booking our hotel at Rome for our honeymoon. This article helped to make up our mind and we decided to stay in the city rather than an airport hotel.

Getting to Leonardo Da Vinci Airport (FCO) Early in the Morning
Old Jan 5, 2014, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJOFlyer
We had the same doubts when booking our hotel at Rome for our honeymoon. This article helped to make up our mind and we decided to stay in the city rather than an airport hotel.

Getting to Leonardo Da Vinci Airport (FCO) Early in the Morning
Great link. Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:46 am

Don't stay at the airport.

Rome Cabs. www.romecabs.com

I have used them for every trip to Rome and they are fantastic. Clean cars, excellent drivers and they will not stand you up.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Have stayed at the airport and have stayed downtown.

The Hilton at the airport is undoubtedly convenient as it's attached to one of the terminals. There's also a nice Sheraton (Golf & Parco I think it's called) which is fairly close to the airport.

But I agree with other posters. You should just stay downtown. Having done it once, IMHO it's not worth staying at the airport when one of the most beautiful cities in the world is your other option.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Downtown it is!!
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:16 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Be careful with the old and frequently used taxi con where you hand a driver a €50 for let's say a €30 fare and immediately he will show a €20 which he says you gave him and ask you for another €10 having dropped your €50 on the floor of the taxi. Always hold up the note and say "here is a fifty".
Old Feb 9, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: IC RA
Let me add a vote for http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/.

We used them to get to and from the airport. Driver was waiting for us at the terminal and they were promptly on time for our early morning pickup at the hotel. I think we paid €40 each way while staying at the Intercontinental. Made the reservation on line and paid in cash upon pickup.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:27 pm

Thanks for the tip, Investor 11. We also used romeshuttlelimousine to drive us to FCO and we have no problem with the ride. We paid EUR 45 since our hotel is out of city center (HGI Claridge).
Old Mar 8, 2014, 9:47 pm

Programs: IC RA
Originally Posted by RandD
Thanks for the tip, Investor 11. We also used romeshuttlelimousine to drive us to FCO and we have no problem with the ride. We paid EUR 45 since our hotel is out of city center (HGI Claridge).

I'm always happy to help out a fellow SAN FT'er. Glad you had a good experience.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:34 am

Stay in the city and take a cab/car to the airport. We did our last 2 nights in Rome at the St. Regis and had them work out the transportation - ended up being 50 euro for a towncar, I think (it's been a couple of years). Easy ride to FCO.

Now once at FCO, man is that place a cluster.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.