Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Real luxury in the Cinque Terre, Italy?

Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum

Planning a few days hiking the Cinque Terre next June. Looks like real luxury will be hard to come by. Any real luxury available in any of the towns?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by cohighcountry1k
Planning a few days hiking the Cinque Terre next June. Looks like real luxury will be hard to come by. Any real luxury available in any of the towns?
Nope! Sadly...
(But scenery is gorgeous)

Only option for something like luxury would be to stay in one of the worn out old school luxury hotels in Portofino/Rappalo (like the www.belmond.com/hotel-splendido-portofino) and take the short, but spectacular train ride to Cinque Terre each morning.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Any Cinque Terre Updates

Does anyone have any recommendations in Manarola or Vernazza that approach luxury? Hope to spend 3-nights in either town, but I'm struggling to find anything remotely luxurious. 2-bedroom suites at Torretta lodge look interesting though.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
Does anyone have any recommendations in Manarola or Vernazza that approach luxury? Hope to spend 3-nights in either town, but I'm struggling to find anything remotely luxurious. 2-bedroom suites at Torretta lodge look interesting though.
The Italy Forum is quite lively and active these days and I believe that this thread would do well there.
Please continue to follow this thread in the FT Italy Forum
Thanks...
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels and Travel
Old Jul 14, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
The Cinque Terre doesn't really have luxury hotels. The towns are too small, and there is nowhere to build. Usually, apartments are better than the hotels. Toretta Lodge is about as luxury as you can get in those two towns. It's a better than average hotel for about $1,000 per night for a two bedroom suite, and I guess you could say it approaches luxury. For Cinque Terre, the only other place to find luxury is Monterosso, but that is the least interesting town, except for the fact that it has the only real beach. There the places are Hotel Porto Roco, and Hotel Palme, with swimming pools, hot tubs, etc.

Last edited by Perche; Jul 14, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thank you for the Perche. Looks like I'll book Torretta Lodge once I see pics of their 2-bedroom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.