Reload this Page >

Milan - 2 top hotel bars l REVIEW

Milan - 2 top hotel bars l REVIEW

Old May 28, 14, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
Exclamation Milan - 2 top hotel bars l REVIEW

PRINCIPE DI SAVOIA

We originally arrived at the Principe do Savoia with the plan of enjoying the tasting menu at the Acanto Restaurant and itís small, but beautiful garden. But unfortunately due to a late flight we missed the lunch service and were too early for dinner

However the staff graciously accommodate us in the garden of the Acanto, despite the restaurant being officially closed . Service was exemplary during our stay and the setting of the tranquil garden with the beautiful fountain, set a relaxing tone to the afternoon.

We started of with a round of classic negronis, which were mixed perfectly and accompanied by an assortment of nuts and crisps . Later with the aperols a plate of freshly baked warm pizza tartlets appeared. Whilst the setting was lovely and the service excellent , the only downside, due to the location of the hotel, was the noise from the busy road outside . It wasnít overly bothersome , but it didnít have the same serene ambience as the courtyard at the Four Seasons Milan . Regardless of that minor downfall, excellent place for an apertivo and next time in Milan I hope I can make it to Acanto for an actual meal !
-----------------------------------------
FOUR SEASONS MILANO

Situated in a converted 15th century convent on the heart of Milanís shopping district , the Four Seasons Milan is out to impress with historical charm and impeccable service , but unfortunately not entirely delivering the whole package.

La Veranda features outdoor bar seating and both indoor and outdoor dining options . I had drinks in the beautiful courtyard, which many of the rooms overlook. My arrival was not to the standard I would expect from a Four Seasons hotel , and after standing around for several minutes I had to hunt down a member of staff to show me to an available table tucked away in the corner of the garden .

The service did pick-up from there onwards, but being hidden in the corner I was sometimes slightly forgotten by the otherwise excellent waiter . My choice of apertivo , Aperol, came beautifully presented with a selection of cold nibbles , later followed by warm pizza tartlets.

The Four Seasons offers a tranquil setting away from the hustle of the busy streets of Milan , reminiscent of the Le Jardin de Russie at the Hotel de Russie in Rome . In true Four Seasons style , management weíre quick to react to any service hick-ups and I have no qualms on recommending the courtyard or the more tradition Il Foyer lobby lounge for a refreshing respite whilst perusing the countless boutiques around the hotel.

Theres a couple of pictures on my persona blog www.getsetjetset.com and other travel related stuff, so if you have a few spare minutes , take a peek!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: