Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Germany, Switzerland,Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Germany, Switzerland,Italy

What is the most economical way to see these countries. I thought i might fly into Frankfurt then train to parts of Germany then on to Switz. and finish up in Siena Italy. Should I fly out of Milan or will I have to train back to Frankfurt?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mamatootsie
What is the most economical way to see these countries. I thought i might fly into Frankfurt then train to parts of Germany then on to Switz. and finish up in Siena Italy. Should I fly out of Milan or will I have to train back to Frankfurt?
Welcome to FT!
Your question(s) really are rather vague.
Can I suggest you give more details about what you are trying to accomplish? What are you interested in? Do you have a budget?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Club Card, UA & DL Platinum; Hyatt's Gold Passport, AVIS President's Club, AA, GOES
We are making plans to arrive Venice in May and rent a car for 7 days and make Vicenza our home base. After a couple of days to visit Venice, Pisa, Florence, Marostica and Nove, we plan to drive to Verona, Insbruck, Garmisch, Fussen, Zurich, Lucerne, Lake Como, and back to Vicenza. Planning to fly to Paris and stay there for about 5 days and visit London, Amsterdam as well. I think a combination of car and train (Paris/London/Amsterdam) are probably best depending on your desires. If you plan on a rental car, make sure you bring an International Driver's License/Permit. You can easily get that from AAA.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: aa co
A couple of days to visit Venice, Pisa, Florence, Marostica and Nove? Good luck! I'd say two days would be the minimum to just see Venice.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
I had a 2 week trip a few years ago with Italy, Austria, Germany and Switzerland in it. It was in the winter (mid-January), so that made it extremely interesting!

Flew in/out of Milan. Took train Milan-Venice. Then rented the car in Venice for the remainder of the trip. Drove up to Bolzano, then across the Dolomites to Cortina and up to Innsbruck. Then, it was into Garmish/Partenkirchen (sp) and through to St. Moritz. From there, down to Lugano, Lake Como and back to Milan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.