Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Florence [Merged thread]

Where to stay in Florence [Merged thread]

Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:02 pm

Thank You. Looks like a really great hotel in a great location but it's really out of our price range. Anything come to mind that might be less expensive ? Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:57 am

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by idainc
Thank You. Looks like a really great hotel in a great location but it's really out of our price range. Anything come to mind that might be less expensive ? Thanks.
Are the 150 per night $ or ?! And don't forget the citytax!

http://www.firenzeturismo.it/en/news...soggiorno.html

Hotel list: http://www.initalia.it/poi/firenzesa...1;r=500,79286;
Old Aug 22, 2013, 6:18 am

Programs: Delta platnium
We have not stayed here yet, but the reviews look good, price is around 150 euro a night, and a good location.

http://www.relaispiazzasignoria.com/
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:57 am

Yes it looks like a great place to stay. For some reason, I cant access their rates on line so I opted to send them an email which they acknowledged. They have not responded since your initial post.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by idainc
Yes it looks like a great place to stay. For some reason, I cant access their rates on line so I opted to send them an email which they acknowledged. They have not responded since your initial post.
i think it's so good to be true that they have no availablity. the place looks booked for six months. if you look to next april, they have rooms.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
i think it's so good to be true that they have no availablity. the place looks booked for six months. if you look to next april, they have rooms.
Really ? I can't get any sort of display for rooms on any date and no response form the hotel either.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:17 am

Programs: Delta platnium
Question

I just tried the website and it appears to be working. I selected Oct 25th one night and several options appeared. Perhaps they had a website malfunction
Old Aug 24, 2013, 6:39 am

Finally got it to run - thanks for the heads up. It looks great but they don't have continuous availability for 10/23 5 night sin one category. The lowest rate I could find was $200 E.

I'm holding the Sheraton (the cheap one) on points and may go the Priceline bid route. OR, I have more than enough AA miles to pay with miles at a more central hotel. I just cant figure out which one. After the DOJ suit, those miles are looking a little less valuable by the day.

Last edited by idainc; Aug 25, 2013 at 4:35 pm
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:00 pm
EMB

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold
Read the reviews under the Hilton board for the Hilton Garden Inn. It is a very easy bus ride to the train station or Duomo area. The hotel is like an American Hilton. I did a 7 night stay there last year and did side trips to Lucca, Ravenna and Bologna.
I can also recommend the Hotel Davazanti. It is located right off a street in the heart of the historic centre. I personally prefer this location over the Hilton Garden Inn but I saved a ton of money at the HGI last year.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by EMB
Read the reviews under the Hilton board for the Hilton Garden Inn. It is a very easy bus ride to the train station or Duomo area. The hotel is like an American Hilton. I did a 7 night stay there last year and did side trips to Lucca, Ravenna and Bologna.
I can also recommend the Hotel Davazanti. It is located right off a street in the heart of the historic centre. I personally prefer this location over the Hilton Garden Inn but I saved a ton of money at the HGI last year.
Thanks for your reply. I've been looking at both actually but as of now both are fully booked. At the moment I'm looking at the Star Tuscany & UNA Hotel Vittoria both of which require a short bus ride to the center. I have to remark though that since they all require a shuttle / bus ride I may as well use points at the Sheraton...
Old Oct 16, 2013, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA 2MillionMiler, BA ExecutiveClub, UA MileagePlus, AS MileagePlan
I was in Italy for a month in July. My friend and I did a lot of pre-work finding hotels. We used various websites. For Florence, we got a great rate at Hotel Brunelleschi. Great hotel, right near The Duomo. The rate we paid was much, much less than the rate on their website and we paid in Dollars, not Euro.

Point is, if you have time, try all the different hotel booking sites you can find (I'm not sure if I can post them here.)

BTW, I would spend some time in Lucca. Beautiful small city and close to Florence.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 7:04 pm
Original Member

Concur with the Lucca recommendation. IF you are going to drive in Italy, a couple of points to remember.

First, most credit card companies and US travel insurance providers exclude coverage in Italy. (I.e., AMEX travel insurance). Check carefully. You may need to purchase the overpriced insurance from your rental car company.

Second, I drive frequently in Italy and Europe, was just in Italy in May/June and had a great time. I would never do it without the Michelin Italy Road atlas. It is terrific.

http://www.amazon.com/Italy-Michelin.../ref=pd_cp_b_1
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cast
I just tried the website and it appears to be working. I selected Oct 25th one night and several options appeared. Perhaps they had a website malfunction
now the place looks empty. maybe it was a website malfunction.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Just went today... Tasty panini but the place seemed a bit "americanized" Not a bad thing just an observation. Not a hole in the wall.

Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Is the Florence Hilton bad? I know the OP needs a quad so it is out for them, but was I looking at it for my wife and I next Sept. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.