Status renewal

Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ITA Executive
Status renewal

Having been "Executive" status since Volare started, in the current year I reached the requisite 90,000 qualifying points to maintain Executive status back in August (and ended the year almost double that), but my Executive expiry date online has stubbornly continued to show as 01/2024. Today I got an email saying that qualifying points would be zeroed out on 22/01/2024 ("Ti informiamo che, ai sensi del Regolamento Volare, i punti qualificanti accumulati entro il 31/12/2023 e visibili nel tuo Saldo punti entro il 22/01/2024 verranno azzerati in quest'ultima data.")

Makes me think either a) what the **** are they waiting for to extend eligible Volare members' status? or b) there's some sort of glitch relating to my situation specifically. I don't really want to wait until 01/02/2024 to find out, as I have travel with ITA booked for the first week of February.

Anyone else in the same position?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:20 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
They sent this mail to all the member of Volare, their IT system is just slow and in all other program were your "punti qualificanti" will be zero at the 02/01 or 03/01 they will do it on the 22/01
It's just that
So you'll renew your Executive statut

FYI, check here as you seem Italian by the mail you received: https://www.theflightclub.it/2024/01...er-itaairways/
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Yes, I'm Italian (well, have an Italian passport....came from the UK, lived here almost 3 decades now!) Thanks for the link (I follow Flight Club, but I hadn't checked it today). I did indeed understand that the email was only talking about zeroing the qualifying points, which is what the article deals with, so I wasn't worried about that.

But I seem to remember that in the past, whenever I reached the relevant milestone to renew my status, within a few weeks I would receive an email congratulating me on renewing my status for another year. I don't see the logic in waiting until potentially just 9 days before everyone's status expires before renewing it. (But I've lived here long enough to realise that logic/buonsenso often has very little to do with the way things are organised).

I made this post in the hope of acquiring data points, i.e. other forumers telling me either "I'm still waiting for my status to be extended" (which would set my mind at rest) or "my status was renewed months back" (which would worry me).

Last edited by fasteddie1971; Jan 9, 2024 at 3:37 pm
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Got an email today confirming my Executive status has been extended another year.

Still don't understand the logic of waiting until (nearly) the expiry date before confirming renewal, when in fact I re-qualified last August, but anyway, all's well that ends well.
Lefly likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Ok, it's official then. Better for me, partially for them: I wasn't really going to use them this year, without status.
By the way, no 10000 offer in the mail that I got.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Just found out my wife's status got extended too. She'd qualified for "Executive" in 2022, but last year didn't get anywhere near qualifying for anything in Volare.

She didn't get the extra 10,000 points.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Status Extended

My Club Executive status got extended another year as well.
I thought all members got status extended no matter what...
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
My Club Executive status got extended another year as well.
I thought all members got status extended no matter what...
Same here, was not aware so surprised to see it when I checked the app. Did not get any email or other kind of notification, not complaining though
MrJBoy likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:18 am

Programs: TK M&S, BAEC, EK
Originally Posted by KL714
Same here, was not aware so surprised to see it when I checked the app. Did not get any email or other kind of notification, not complaining though
Same here as well. I've just updated the app on my phone and it was a pleasant surprise to see the status had been extended. Like you, I didn't receive an email about this but similarly, I'm not complaining either. I wonder if an updated physical card will be sent out again, though the status validity also shows on the app

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.