Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will ITA fly less than full

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:35 am
Original Poster

will ITA fly less than full

friend just booked FCO to PHL (layover in boston) saturday morning and there are barely 25 people in economy. will it fill up by then . just worried she wont get home and be stuck. or will they fly regardless?

as an aside, how in the world can FCO round trip PHL cost 200 less than the one way FCO to PHL. she's just gonna toss the RT back to FCO as she wont be using it. just bizarre how round trip is cheaper than one way.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by luckydriver
friend just booked FCO to PHL (layover in boston) saturday morning and there are barely 25 people in economy. will it fill up by then . just worried she wont get home and be stuck. or will they fly regardless?

as an aside, how in the world can FCO round trip PHL cost 200 less than the one way FCO to PHL. she's just gonna toss the RT back to FCO as she wont be using it. just bizarre how round trip is cheaper than one way.
How can you tell how many people are booked on the flight? Looking at a seat map is not always reliable, as some fares might require an extra charge for seat selection, and some passengers might not be willing to pay it.

I would expect that the flight from BOS back to FCO is pretty heavily booked; I doubt that ITA would want to lose that revenue.

It's quite common for an airline to charge more for a TATL one-way than for a roundtrip:

Booking a one-way from Warsaw to New York City, but roundtrip is cheaper?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.