Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

ITA Airways Volare (Skyteam) Status Match is back

Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by pchanxx
Just matched my SQ*G to Volare Premium (ST Elite Plus).

I'm very glad that I had the chance to get the status of the 3 major alliances at a very low cost:
Shangri-La GC Jade -> SQ Gold -> QR Gold + Volare Premium
Congratulations !

Now you've got to work out how to keep them ….at a very low cost
Jma12, TTL and Smuffe like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Help! Received the status match acceptance and welcome emails. Cannot figure out how to actually download the virtual card into my iphone. There is no attachment. The link to the personal area shows my status (Volare Executive) but has no link to download a virtual card. The app does not enable you to display membership either.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by UKdiver
Help! Received the status match acceptance and welcome emails. Cannot figure out how to actually download the virtual card into my iphone. There is no attachment. The link to the personal area shows my status (Volare Executive) but has no link to download a virtual card. The app does not enable you to display membership either.
I had the same issue, initially. When you download the app & then open it for some reason it doesn't ask for you login & password. I closed the app on my phone, then reopened it & it did prompt for login & password. It recognised my status, show a copy of the card, with an option to download a copy to Wallet
Old Mar 24, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ajf87
Their web tool is busted, says to submit ID front and back in .jpg, .pdf, or .png formats. I've tried .jpg and .png and it says file type not supported. No way of emailing them. I'm going to try a different browser.

EDIT: No dice, and they also have American's top elite tier mis-labeled as "Premier 1K" instead of Executive Platinum.

EDIT: ....and their support page is broken as well. It asks for a reason/topic (required) from a drop-down menu but then doesn't have anything to select, so you can't submit a ticket.
Same thing there, no idea how to complete the process.

EDIT: I found that screenshots from iOS are accepted by the tool, so I took a screenshot of my passport and uploaded that.
EDIT2: While that worked for me, it didn't for my wife. One can only hope their plane maintenance crew is a little more capable than whoever put together their website.
EDIT3: While I was able to submit a request from AF/KL Flying Blue, I now see that AF/KL is completely gone from the form, although it's still listed as a valid "origin" program for the status match. What a hot mess.
EDIT4: And just now I noticed that AF/KL are also gone from list of eligible programs. Feels like someone published the wrong page or something
EDIT5: No, it's just ITA's IT - https://www.itaspa.com/en_en/volare//statusmatch.html (with two slashes) has a short list of eligible programs, https://www.itaspa.com/en_en/volare/statusmatch.html (with one slash) has a longer list.
EDIT6: Realistically though it looks like SkyTeam programs are excluded now

Last edited by mfkne; Mar 24, 2022 at 8:42 am
Old Mar 24, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
I had the same issue, initially. When you download the app & then open it for some reason it doesn't ask for you login & password. I closed the app on my phone, then reopened it & it did prompt for login & password. It recognised my status, show a copy of the card, with an option to download a copy to Wallet
It worked now. Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Even though Flying Blue was removed from the list I got confirmation that my status match was approved. When I submitted the form FB was still listed though.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
The status acquired through the new match is apparently valid until 04/2023. Has anyone from the old match tried to extend their 01/2023 validity based on the benefits of the status having been very limited so far?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SQ*G, QR Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alec84
The status acquired through the new match is apparently valid until 04/2023. Has anyone from the old match tried to extend their 01/2023 validity based on the benefits of the status having been very limited so far?
My new status is valid until 01/2024
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Applied for the match from BAEC Silver and got an email confirming the match last Monday, but heard nothing since then. No changes to the card in the app or even confirmation that I'd be matched to Premier, anyone else had a similar wait because it sounds like most other people had fairly quick updates.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: QF Plat/OWE, HH ♦, IHG ♦ AMB, ALL Plat, GHA Ti, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by 19Jwmp99
Applied for the match from BAEC Silver and got an email confirming the match last Monday, but heard nothing since then. No changes to the card in the app or even confirmation that I'd be matched to Premier, anyone else had a similar wait because it sounds like most other people had fairly quick updates.
Yes - almost like yourself, I received confirmation from ITA that I was 'accepted' for the status match on the 23rd Mar (and just a few hours after applying), but am still waiting on the status and card to update from Volare Smart.

Cheers,
Matt.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by 19Jwmp99
Log out and log back in again.
fc0175 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Smiles, Volare, Eurobonus
Originally Posted by UKdiver
What I did was to take a screenshot and save it into my notes app (Android/Xiaomi), just like I have done with my passport, screenshots of Covid Passports/documents etc. while traveling.
It worked out fine everywhere, and with Volare on KLM in Stockholm Arlanda, Schiphol and Heathrow.
Easy to scroll down through the doc at check-in, lounges and the gates.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by ft101
Log out and log back in again.
having the same issue. I was accepted 3/21, still waiting.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
United Premier Platinum (*G and 2nd highest level of the 4 UA levels)

Submitted Friday 3/25 around 12:00 (US mountain time) via website
Confirmed via email on 3/26 at 02:00

Online account now (3/28) shows Executive level on website profile page.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: QF Plat/OWE, HH ♦, IHG ♦ AMB, ALL Plat, GHA Ti, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DrSmythe
Yes - almost like yourself, I received confirmation from ITA that I was 'accepted' for the status match on the 23rd Mar (and just a few hours after applying), but am still waiting on the status and card to update from Volare Smart.

Cheers,
Matt.
Mine has now updated to Premier status, sometime on Monday. Valid to Jan 2024

Unless it’s manually done, I expect they might run weekly batches. Others with confirmations from earlier last week might also expect to be updated in the system now, as well

Cheers,
Matt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.