Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Old Jun 11, 22, 2:15 pm

Programs: ITA
Originally Posted by morphogencc View Post
To answer my own question:

- You can call to add your ITA Airways number manually; as noted above in the thread, it needs to "AZ" prefix or else it won't register in their system. ITA Airways membership numbers are eight numbers with two leading zeros, so you'll need to give them AZ00######. If you just give them the eight numbers (00######) as listed on your card, it won't register.

- None of the benefits will work online. You can't choose a preferred seat, for example, through the web or mobile interface. I was called in to ask them to manually add my seating assignments on a Basic Fare, and they were able to ask their supervisor and have it approved on the spot. The whole process took maybe 5 minutes once I got an agent on the line.

Hope this helps others trying to get benefits applied to AeroMexico!
how about the benefit when check-in and how about lounge access?
Old Jun 11, 22, 2:46 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'll report back -- my flight is next month! Though I'm flying from LAX -> MEX so I'm expecting to be able to get lounge access, and I should be able to get priority boarding...
Old Jun 15, 22, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
So are the 'teething issues' broadly sorted out now? I need to pop to south america in a few weeks and if I can rely on getting skyteam benefits via Volare it opens up some more options (but I don't want to end out sat in e.g. Mexico without a lounge! )
Old Jun 19, 22, 4:07 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I just received in the mail a physical Executive card. It has Skyteam elite + on the card, which will help me with lounge access hopefully lol. It also came with a pretty nice black leather tag. Card expires 1/23 so surprised they sent it out in the middle of June haha. Im surprised they sent something physical out. I matched my American executive platinum status last year when the match came out.

Either way, pretty happy I got something physical to show Skyteam partners (mostly Delta) ... will report back if it actually helps with receiving benefits lol.
Attached Images  
Biggie Fries and Wizardp629 like this.

Last edited by SKYEG; Jun 19, 22 at 4:54 pm
Old Jun 20, 22, 3:19 am

Programs: ITA Executive, LH SEN, AT Gold
Be careful as the card scratches easily, the VOLARE text is getting off on mine
SKYEG likes this.
Old Jun 21, 22, 3:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Recognition with Saudia was okay:
LHR: Couldn't add it to the booking, no benefits. Got at least fast track by showing the card there. No lounge access at Plaza Premium, they let us in with Amex after a bit of convincing because they were full but we left after 5 minutes, it was so busy and hardly any food was left.
RUH: Check-in guy did not understand that the blue card is not the entry-level card, like on their own scheme. Same in the lounge again, but they let us in after a bit of arguing and showing the ITA website with the different tiers. The lounge was okay.
KUL: Again nothing, had to use Amex to get into the lounge. Tried both Plaza Premium (the Saudia partner lounge) and Express lounge, and the express lounge was far better food offering-wise.
JED: No layover so didn't have to check in. They let us into the lounge after a few minutes. And this lounge was impressive, brand new and I would say even better than the Qatar lounge in Dubai. Only problem was that we were so tired after the 9-hour flight from KUL, on which they had no blankets available and had the dinner service only 3.5 hours after departure - this was definitely the worst out of all 4 flights
Old Jun 25, 22, 2:28 am

In the past two weeks I’ve tried using my status while flying Delta and Tarom. On Delta, they outright denied the existence of an airline called ITA, and said I don’t have valid “Alitalia” status. On Tarom, they said ITA “isn’t Skyteam yet”. Useless status so far!
Old Jun 25, 22, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / OWE, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Sounds like I've made the right call sticking oneworld until this mess is all sorted out - by which time the matched status will probably have lapsed(!)
Old Jun 25, 22, 3:33 am

Programs: LA Platinum
I recently did this, and it appeared to work:

I tried going through every SkyTeam partner and tried to add my ITA number to my KL reservation, and practically all of them allowed me to, however with no recognition. However, when I tried on AirEuropa, selecting Alitalia with the number displayed on my ITA card, and refreshed the page, magically it said “ELIP” next to my number and now I can select seats and have an extra bag for free on the KL app/website.

My flight is in a few weeks but this has led me to believe that it recognised the Elite+ and I would get SkyPriority on the boarding pass and other automatic benefits?

If someone else tries, it would be great to know if
it also works, or even on another carrier.
malmostoso likes this.
Old Jun 25, 22, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Not sure how the ITA number can be recognised by KL and AF when selecting AZ, considering that both those airlines still allow to collect Millemiglia miles.
Old Jun 25, 22, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Insano41m View Post
However, when I tried on AirEuropa, selecting Alitalia with the number displayed on my ITA card, and refreshed the page, magically it said “ELIP” next to my number and now I can select seats and have an extra bag for free on the KL app/website.
That's great! Did you insert the number including the leading zeroes?
Old Jun 25, 22, 5:38 am

CDG AF 2F

Had to stop by the front desk person who had to manually override but let us in after entering in our Volare number.
Old Jun 25, 22, 7:58 am

Programs: LA Platinum
Originally Posted by malmostoso View Post
That's great! Did you insert the number including the leading zeroes?
Yes, exactly like on the card and ITA, so for me it was 00******
malmostoso likes this.
Old Jun 26, 22, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Insano41m View Post
Yes, exactly like on the card and ITA, so for me it was 00******
Thanks for your reply!
I tried the air Europa website with my number 0000**** but it doesn't seem to work. It did give me a bunch of errors so maybe worth trying again later.

EDIT: word of warning, do not use the UX app. Any number will be assigned to their ffp. I now need to have KL remove the ffp# again

Last edited by malmostoso; Jun 26, 22 at 5:48 am
Old Jun 26, 22, 1:44 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (Plat Pro), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by petter2 View Post
Recognition with Saudia was okay:
With all due respect, but if I am denied access in 2 lounges and have to fight to get access to the other, I would not think recognition is Okey.

I do not get it - all alliances accept new members from time to time and there is no problem with tier benefits/recognition - why is it so difficult with ITA?

Search this Thread