Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: ITA
Originally Posted by malmostoso
Does anyone know if there is a way of adding a Volare number to a KL booking so that it shows as Elite Plus?

I selected "MilleMiglia" and added the last 4 digits of my number (rest are zeroes) but I'm not sure that's the way.
Hi, did you have sky priority with ITA card in KLM flight?
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I lost Delta status but will give my Executive ITA a shot for a domestic US flight next month and will report back. Not expecting anything --- based on reading this thread looks like Delta doesn't give benefits
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meliá Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus
My trip got postponed (by me) until this week.

When managing “my trip” with klm, I had entered under the Alitalia partner programme (since ita is not listed) my Ita number, which was accepted by the system (unsure if any check was actually made).

Now that I have checked in my digital boarding card unfortunately suggests no skypriority status at all.
ringingup and malmostoso like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Backdrop:
  • Flying on AF out of CDG, Terminal 2E, to EU (non-Schengen) destination
  • First time flying as a Volare Executive (Elite Plus)
  • Paid ticket; could not even begin to fathom how I might add my Volare account number to this AF ticket
  • My Volare ID was a printed page of my card, in color, with Dear Biggie Fries, Welecome to the ITA Executive Club at the bottom
  • I went into this with a sense of adventure -- low expectations, to be sure, but also that sense of self-righteousness that comes from not being sure that you are actually entitled to anything. Also, I got to the airport a little early to leave plenty of time for "play."
Results:
  1. Access to Sky Priority check-in (part 1) Put on my best "This is where I am used to being" face, waved printed copy of Volare "card," and was let right in.
  2. Bag dropoff. There was only one person ahead of me in the line, which did not stop the process from taking forever. Belt was not working, either, so it was dubious as to who was actually going to take the bag. But the fellow at the desk did plaster it with yellow Priority stickers, and gave me a(nother) boarding pass, before sending me to their ad-hoc deposit system. I did not ask him to enter my Volare number.
  3. Sky Priority/Acces No 1 line access (part 1). Guy manning the entry was sending folks away left and right. Including me. He wanted no part of my printed Volare card. I pointed out to him that I had just arrived in front of him from his left, i.e., from the Sky Priority area. He did not care. No way, no how.
  4. Access to Sky Priority check-in (part 2) Since I still had some time, I circled back to the Sky Priority check-in. A nice support person there asked me what was up and I explained humorously that this was my second time around -- that I had already checked my bag, but had been refused entry to the priority lane for passport control and security. She took my printed "card" and talked with a colleague who said, yeah, fix the guys ticket with the number. Easier said than done. The two of them worked on it and worked on it, looked up the AZ prefix, tried and tried, but nothing worked. Finally, my original friend said that she would accompany me so that I could get the priority access.
  5. Sky Priority/Acces No 1 line access (part 2). That guy still said no! Even with his colleague there, explaining the issue. What followed next is something that could only happen in France: After a few minutes of back and forth, the guy said he would make a special exception for me, just this once, but kept explaining to his colleague how wrong this all was. I figured I was through, so, what the heck, be friendly, thank them both, but by now they had totally forgotten about me. I just walked to passport control with them still at the access point, arguing away.
  6. Passport control. Didn't seem to care how I had gotten there.
  7. Screening. There was a gal turning people aside, even though they had clearly come from the Priority side. She must have been trained along with the first guy. I did not even try to show her my Volare "card" since, fortunately, she was in an argument with someone she was turning away in front of me. So I just walked through like I belonged there. Which I sort of did!
  8. AF Lounge (K gates). Couldn't have been sweeter. Were aware of the new Volare "cards," and welcomed me right in. Had an excellent breakfast, too.
The highlight of all of this was the club (lounge), which made it (including doing the match) all worthwhile. The rest was more by way of curiosity; as is often the case, I'm not sure I would have saved any time if it had all worked smoothly with the "card," With more "wins" than "losses," however, it stayed fun. And, since I prefer having the miles credit to AF, the inability to change the ticket worked in my favor.
Originally Posted by dislikeofturningright

When managing “my trip” with klm, I had entered under the Alitalia partner programme (since ita is not listed) my Ita number, which was accepted by the system (unsure if any check was actually made).

Now that I have checked in my digital boarding card unfortunately suggests no skypriority status at all.
Whoa ... I think I may now have a clue as to what is going on here. If you look up to point 4 in my rambling report on my experience at CDG, you can see that the AF staff kept trying to enter my ITA Volare info into my AF ticket. It would seem to work for them on their computer screen, but nothing came out on the ticket. Apropos, the way they got the number to take was in using the old Alitalia AZ prefix.

Now, all of that was for my outbound flight. When I was on the trip, and looking at my reservation on-line for the return flight, I was startled to see, on the AF site, something pop up that showed that my ticket was connected to MilleMiglia. This surprised me, first, because we (AF + me) had concluded at CDG that nothing was correctly populating; second, because I didn't even know what MilleMiglia was, since I had never been a member of the program under the old Alitalia regime. I wish I had taken a picture, but I did not. I did see the same info on-line when I went to check in, but nothing about ITA or Volare or even MilleMiglia or Alitalia showed up on my boarding pass for the return flight - electronic or physical.

Not only that -- and it has been more than 2 weeks since the return leg -- I received no miles in my AF Flying Blue account nor in my ITA Volare account.

And now, maybe the answer? https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/07/...-to-customers/ When we are putting in what we think is our ITA Volare number, because we are using the old Alitalia mechanism, it is being hijacked by this MilleMiglia zombie program?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: ITA
Sounds bad. Please keep updated When u check-in at the airport.

Originally Posted by dislikeofturningright

Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
Hey,

I am so sorry for the delay in response. It is the No.1 Lounge in LHR T3. Just mention you are a SkyTeam Elite Plus and show your boarding pass. You should be fine
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:43 pm

Hi,

Yes, you should be fine with your ITA status as long as you have an AF/KL boarding pass. I had no problems at LHR T3
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:56 pm

Hey All,

As promised, another feedback on my recent trip with KLM and lounge access at AMS.

LHR - AMS - KRK
No. 1 Lounge at LHR T3 granted with no hesitance.

6 hour transit at AMS for second flight to KRK. Pre-purchased Crown Lounge Access (Lounge 25 at AMS - Schengen) as I didn't want to risk being turned away and wanted the comfort of a lounge after reading what has been happening at AMS lately. I asked the lounge agent if I could use my ITA Airways Status to enter the lounge, they said 'of course Mr XXXXX, it's a SkyTeam Elite Plus benefit'. They advised me to ring KLM Refunds department to request a refund for the pre-booked lounge. Another point to add, after getting off our flight from LHR, we decided to go landside as I wanted to purchase a plane model from Planes@Plaza and get some fresh air. Upon returning to air side, the queues were MASSIVE and moving at a snail's pace!! Tried my luck to see if we could use SkyPriority using my ITA Airways Card, again, there was no hesitancy. The only question I got asked was if I was flying with KLM. In addition, the staff also said that SkyTeam Elite or Flying Blue members are ALSO welcome to use Sky Priority lane for security. It only took us less than 30 minutes to clear security!

KRK - AMS

Business lounge Schengen Zone - no problems at all. At first, the first person questioned why I have two frequent flyer accounts. The lounge supervisor who was sat next to him heard our conversation and immedietly gave us a warm welcome. All he asked was for my ITA Volare number.

AMS - LHR

KLM Crown Lounge (Non - Schengen - Lounge 52). I was not expecting anything, did not want to be disappointed. Showed my KLM Boarding Pass and ITA Volare Number, was immedietely given a very warm welcome with a smile, 'Mr XXXXX, welcome to the KLM Crown Lounge, if you don't mind please, my colleague will just need to get your number to put onto our records and you are good to go, thank you for being a Flying Blue Silver member and a SkyTeam Elite Plus with our partners'. Was genuinely one of the nicest welcome I have ever received. Another comment I would like to add is how simply beautiful the KLM Crown Lounge (Non- Schengen) is! Spacious, clean, very warm and friendly staff!

I hope these helps. KLM DOES recognise ITA Volare. I am still unsure whether Air France does at CDG.
ringingup and malmostoso like this.

Last edited by J343; Jun 8, 2022 at 6:05 pm
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:35 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Hi folks,

long time without posting but I thought I would share my experience yesterday. I was originally expected to fly LIN-AMS-GLA on KLM.

Due to a strike my first leg was cancelled. First surprise: while I was trying to find alternatives with my travel agent I was proactively rebooked on LIN-CDG-LHR-GLA with the last leg on BA.

At the airport they were able to insert my ITA card (trick: AZ is now ITA cards in their system, CT is for old mille miglia numbers). I got SkyPriority on the boarding pass and the FastTrack recognized it. I got access to the lounge with no issues (airport lounge that AF uses, not the ITA one because they have not completed agreements yet).

In CDG I got lounge access (2F K gates) with no issues at all.

I’ll report on my way back to AMS if something does not work.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Plat, Meliá Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite Plus
My experience here:

LHR to AMS - I was hand language only but went to the check-in deck to see if they would add sky priority to boarding card. The desks we very busy including the Skyprioirty queue so I gave up after 5 minutes which saw no movement in the queues. Headed through regular security, 25 minute queue, but not the end of the world. Used the No1 lounge, no issue with entry through the separate ITA card not shown on the boarding pass itself. They scanned the boarding card and overrode access with Skyteam Elite Plus option.
No1 Lounge not worth it to be honest, never the best lounge though.
SkyPriority Boarding not enforced so no disadvantage not having on boarding pass.

AMS to LHR - It appears there are two ways to access premium (non-paid) security:
- The first is directly where the barriers (I assume for those avoiding checking desks with HBO) where I assume they check your scanned boarding card to ensure you have the status or booking class.
- The second, which I used, even as HBO was up the escalator at the back of but within the skypriority check-in area. Access to that check-in area is checked by a member of staff where me and a guest were able to proceed by showing the ITA membership card. Whilst there was a boarding pass scanners thereafter, it did not seem to check status (as I assume accessing the skypriorty area was good enough). This was a real benifit as the queues for regular security looked about an 1hour, and we were through in 10 minutes.
Access to the lounge was fine, with a guest too, again had to be overriden by agent but no issues at all.
Skypriority boarding in place and given a busy flight this is the only time it would be useful to have the special boarding pass.

Overall a slightly better experience (especially at AMS) than I had expected.

I guess my final observation is that without paying for seats or status you get auto assigned seats which are not the best options, but for short flight no massive issue.
malmostoso likes this.

Last edited by dislikeofturningright; Jun 9, 2022 at 11:59 am
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have experience with AeroMexico recently? Looks like ITA and Alitalia aren't in the current dropdown; I'm curious if I can get preferred seating + boarding with a basic economy ticket with my Club Executive status.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by morphogencc
Anyone have experience with AeroMexico recently? Looks like ITA and Alitalia aren't in the current dropdown; I'm curious if I can get preferred seating + boarding with a basic economy ticket with my Club Executive status.
From the sparkling new ITA/Volare website:

"Soon" seems to have arrived for KLM, but Aeromexico recognition might be a bit further along the road …….
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Return flight, GLA-AMS-LIN: SkyPriority shown on boarding passes, fast track in Glasgow, lounge access in both airports, without a glitch.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by raistlin
Return flight, GLA-AMS-LIN: SkyPriority shown on boarding passes, fast track in Glasgow, lounge access in both airports, without a glitch.
Was that a KL ticket?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
To answer my own question:

- You can call to add your ITA Airways number manually; as noted above in the thread, it needs to "AZ" prefix or else it won't register in their system. ITA Airways membership numbers are eight numbers with two leading zeros, so you'll need to give them AZ00######. If you just give them the eight numbers (00######) as listed on your card, it won't register.

- None of the benefits will work online. You can't choose a preferred seat, for example, through the web or mobile interface. I was called in to ask them to manually add my seating assignments on a Basic Fare, and they were able to ask their supervisor and have it approved on the spot. The whole process took maybe 5 minutes once I got an agent on the line.

Hope this helps others trying to get benefits applied to AeroMexico!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.