Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

ITA Airways on other Sky team Alliance

Old Nov 14, 22, 2:46 am

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
Will try my luck on 19.11 at WAW flying through CDG to LAX.
Old Nov 14, 22, 2:59 pm

Is there a way to add ITA number into a AF reservation in order to have Sky Priority automatically recognized? (Just for SP not for mileage accrual).
Old Nov 23, 22, 4:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, BA Gold
Any recent experience on Saudia?
Old Nov 23, 22, 8:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AF-KL Gold, ITA Volare Premium, DL Gold
ITA and KE are officially partners. With this, what is the real purpose of ITA in SkyTeam? Vanity purposes? I would have thought AF-KL would be their first partner and DL next. Not that I had any problems with my ITA Volare Premium Status though.
Old Nov 27, 22, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by petter2 View Post
Could access the (dedicated part of) First Class Lounge in JED showing my physical Volare Executive card even if not added on the boarding pass (and the dragon wasn't so happy about this )
Old Nov 27, 22, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by mtresc View Post
I can answer my own question in the meantime:

I was able to add my ITA number to a Vietnam Airlines flight booked online on their website. Upon online check-in the boarding pass showed Skyteam Elite Plus status. Airport check-in and bag drop was done at Business Class counter, bag was tagged as Priority (don't know about the additional free bag or free bag for Super Lite fares, since my fare included one bag already). At the counter we received better seats (in the front of aircraft), which were not available during online check-in. Lounge access was not granted for domestic flights despite Elite Plus status (seems to be a VN thing).
Same here (though on the boarding pass it still shows Alitalia ) but got also lounge access in DAD flying intl route
Old Nov 27, 22, 12:13 pm

Programs: SK*G (EB D), OW S
I had a flight yesterday with AF and I can confirm that, despite not being able to add the FFP myself to the reservation, the check-in personnel was able to do so (under AZ number if I understood it correctly). Once added, the BP showed E+, and I was given +1 baggage on a basic fare, lounge access, and priority baggage/boarding.
Old Nov 28, 22, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by petter2 View Post
It's worth trying to trick the system by entering your number as Alitalia, but they might have ironed that out. Staff at Jeddah are not so confident about the Skyteam nonsense and I can't see them offering much resistance to honouring the card, even if it doesn't show in the system. Once airside, you'll probably be waved through into the lounge on the strength of your card (nobody at the entry gate seems too fussed about anything), but once inside there could be some resistance turning left into the F section, especially as you'd probably increase staff work-load by a significant factor!
Old Nov 28, 22, 1:48 pm

Programs: SAS
Positive Surprise: ITA Volare Premium Level (Sky Team Elite-Plus) granted me +guest lounge access to the KLM (non-Schengen) Crown Lounge in AMS and the Air France Lounge in CDG Schengen 2F:

Recently flew: Europe - AMS - Intercontinental / Intercontinental - CDG -Europe with KLM (outbound) and Air France (return). Booked: Economy Class Flexible Ticket issued by KLM.

Although the ITA Volare status unfortunately still cannot be registred in the booking and also not at check-in, fortunately "Sky Priority" was noted on the boarding pass for all segments for both outbound and return flights. This was because the "Sky Priority" benefits are granted for flexible tickets in Europe. But apparently also for intercontinental connecting and in-bound "feeder"-flights. But that does not yet mean lounge access too.

In Amsterdam, I had hoped to get access to the KLM lounge, as there are some positive reports about this. It didn't work with the boarding pass, but after a short discussion with the lounge receptionist, showing my electronic membership card for the ITA Volare Premium Level, and some quick work on the computer by the agent, I was granted access together with my guest.

For the return flight via CDG, I had actually assumed that there would be no lounge access, as I had only found negative experience reports so far. To my positive surprise, the employee at the lounge reception entered a few things by hand, just like in Amsterdam, and access was granted: After showing my electronic membership card of the ITA Volare Premium Levels / Sky Team Elite Plus, he said "Club premium, yes sure".

This was VERY good as the new 2F lounge in CDG is really recommendable, not to mention the champagne served at the table and the friendly staff.
Old Nov 28, 22, 4:29 pm

Do you need the physical card to enjoy Volare benefits on AF? Somehow it never reached me. Is there virtual card you can download online?
Old Nov 28, 22, 10:37 pm

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit View Post
Do you need the physical card to enjoy Volare benefits on AF? Somehow it never reached me. Is there virtual card you can download online?
As mentioned: I got the lounge access with no major issue, but no guarantee that it is granted in general. In your ITA Volare profile on the webpage you should be able to see the digital card and you may be able to make a screenshot or download the card as JPG. Or, download the ITA App and log-in with your Volare credentials. You will see digital card which you can save on your phone.
Old Dec 2, 22, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit View Post
In CDG you can access all AF Lounges. But for a 3rd party lounge e.g. in Nuremberg it does not work. there specifically ITA status was not accepted.
Old Dec 2, 22, 9:16 am

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
Originally Posted by Sebi1 View Post
In CDG you can access all AF Lounges. But for a 3rd party lounge e.g. in Nuremberg it does not work. there specifically ITA status was not accepted.
For 3rd party lounges you usually need to get a lounge invitation card from the checkin desk - at least turning up with an invitation card makes entry easier
Old Dec 3, 22, 8:17 am

Vietnam

ITA got us lounge access on Vietnam Airlines from Singapore to Hanoi.
Check in did not add it but Lounge contacted them and got us in.

Search this Thread