Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

Flying ITA as Skyteam Elite / Elite Plus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying ITA as Skyteam Elite / Elite Plus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2023, 9:34 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Redeemed Flying Blue from KUL to CGK; since there was no direct flight available on that time; so I was offered on MH for KUL-SIN, and GA SIN-CGK. I changed my FF no. to QF on my KUL-SIN segment since I'm OW Sapphire, so I got MH lounge access at KUL. However, when I changed my FF number to AZ on GA SIN-CGK segment, it was not allowed.

Therefore, I approached the airport check-in agent at SIN, and they also couldn't figure out why they couldn't input the AZ number on my GA flight. Fortunately, the airport check-in team at SIN were very helpful; eventhough they finally couldn't input it to the system, they granted me lounge voucher and as for the priority boarding, they told me that I could just use the ITA Airways apps to show to the boarding gate agent. Didn't try the priority bags since my bag were checked-in at KUL.

Definitely there's no change on Garuda's system since my last attempt using the ITA Airways Skyteam elite+ card 9 months ago. As for the lounge, Garuda uses Marhaba Lounge by Dnata at SIN. The lounge was decent with quite selection foods and drinks to chose.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are there any loyalty programs where you can earn miles/points on ITA-marketed/operated flights? What a silly half SkyTeam partnership!
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
What about bag weight as SkyTeam Elite+? Flying Economy light from FCO-CDG so assuming I will get a single bag (as the SkyTeam Elite+ extra given zero included with this fare)...but wondering if it has to be under 23kg or if we get up to 32kg.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: TK Gold
any expereience flying for MU?
Old Jul 19, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: BA silver, Flying Blue gold, Marriott titanium
Recent experience FCO - AMS

My experience being skyteam elite plus (FB plat) flying on the lowest ITA fare:
-allowed additional checked bag (although not specified at time of booking)
-no free seat selection at time of booking. Able to select other seat (non-exit row) free of charge at check in
-sky priority on boarding pass allowed for priority security and boarding.
-not admitted to new ITA lounge at FCO; sent to nearby lounge which was at capacity. Told this was new arrangement for FB elites, even flying ITA.
-no miles credited (not great, but as expected)

overall, was pleasantly surprised with the baggage, seat selection, security and boarding, but would have liked this to be clear at booking. Obvious that the relationship is unraveling and I would not depend on these benefits in the future if I were to fly ITA again.
Old Jul 20, 2023, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by flydrive
My experience being skyteam elite plus (FB plat) flying on the lowest ITA fare:
-allowed additional checked bag (although not specified at time of booking)
-no free seat selection at time of booking. Able to select other seat (non-exit row) free of charge at check in
-sky priority on boarding pass allowed for priority security and boarding.
-not admitted to new ITA lounge at FCO; sent to nearby lounge which was at capacity. Told this was new arrangement for FB elites, even flying ITA.
-no miles credited (not great, but as expected)

overall, was pleasantly surprised with the baggage, seat selection, security and boarding, but would have liked this to be clear at booking. Obvious that the relationship is unraveling and I would not depend on these benefits in the future if I were to fly ITA again.
Hi there - I am flying ITA from Rome to London. I am Delta Diamond (Elite Plus). The website is trying to charge me for bags and seat selection. Are you suggesting that at the airport, those charges will be waived?
Old Jul 20, 2023, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA silver, Flying Blue gold, Marriott titanium
The irritating issue is that it was not clear until I checked in. I then clearly saw online I was entitled to one checked bag, and I was able to change my pre-assigned seat free of charge. Prior to check in, I was being asked to pay for seat selection and luggage. Given the deteriorating relationship with skyteam, I wouldn’t count on any benefits going forward.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by betaguy
Hi there - I am flying ITA from Rome to London. I am Delta Diamond (Elite Plus). The website is trying to charge me for bags and seat selection. Are you suggesting that at the airport, those charges will be waived?
Same here (LHR-FCO r/t). Additionally, when trying to book on the ITA website, it doesn't allow me to enter a Delta Skymiles number. The pulldown menu has a bunch of airlines, but not Delta.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 5:09 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
The fees being waved at the airport is sort of useless. By then the good seats will have been taken. And it takes additional time to go to the counter to check-in there, instead of just booking seats online and getting an electronic boarding pass to go straight to the gate - without having to pay for premium seats.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I asked SkyTeam and they replied in writing that on Economy Light fares:
"An additional 10kg for Elite members and 20kg for Elite Plus, or one additional bag where the piece concept applies."
Old Aug 19, 2023, 3:00 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
are there ANY programs that actually get miles if flying international D class??
looks like 200% on virgin Atlantic
Old Oct 5, 2023, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Has anything changed about any of this? I find myself in the same predicament - The ITA page doesn't even show FB under FFPs that can be selected on the booking, but called and they added it, however regarding seat selections I was told to do it online, where of course it wants to charge me some silly price. Is it still a case of only being possible to change seats for free at the airport and having no issue with lounge access (I don't need the luggage).
Old Oct 13, 2023, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Update: for some reason, my FB number now finally shows correctly on my booking and since it has, I’ve been able to select and change seats for free! (Domestic and European y, cheap fare without luggage).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.