Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Lounge at CDG?

Hello folks. I’ve been granted Executive membership in ITA Volare based on a status match. Does anybody know if ITA has a lounge at CDG, and if Executive status will get me into it? Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: ITA Executive
On a similar note, I'm flying LHR-LIN in Business tomorrow. Does anyone know whether ITA has signed any lounge agreements at Heathrow T2?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by fasteddie1971
On a similar note, I'm flying LHR-LIN in Business tomorrow. Does anyone know whether ITA has signed any lounge agreements at Heathrow T2?
Let me answer my own question. No, they haven't.

I can understand them not offering lounge access to customers who've been granted Volare status during the current "pre-opening" period, but treating Business pax in this way is a poor show, and is hardly likely to inspire loyalty in travellers in this key market. Disappointing, a full month after the airline began flying.

Brussels wanted a clean break, but not bothering with lounges smacks depressingly of continuity with Alitalia towards the end of its life!

I hope the OP has more luck in Paris.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: IB Platinum, TAP Gold, HH Diamond, Accor LL Gold
This link shows all of the lounges ITA has contracted. How they only contracted 12 lounges at this point is baffling to me..
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ItsWowStyle
This link shows all of the lounges ITA has contracted. How they only contracted 12 lounges at this point is baffling to me..
It's interesting that they list a KLM lounge at JFK. I think they must mean the AF lounge there, in T1.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Succed to enter AF lounge in ORY yesterday with an ITA ticket (ORY-LIN) and Flying Blue membership (Plat)

Don't know if with an ITA membership you can enter AF lounge
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC
I flew via CDG on 28Feb and was denied entry with Volare as "ITA aren't Skyteam, but your can pay €60 to enter if you like". No amount of arguing and showing the EP status on my app would convince them.

I'm flying back through CDG tomorrow, hopefully the IT will recognise it this time.

Funnily enough in London they let me into the contract lounge without issue.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by shefgab
Do you mean the Plaza Premium Lounge at Heathrow T2?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:23 pm

Do you mean the Plaza Premium Lounge at Heathrow T2?
Yes
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:09 am

Am flying through LHR T2 tomorrow evening and will give it a try.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by shefgab
Well you must have the magic touch because I was told in no uncertain terms that ITA status was not on their admission list. I hadn't been hopeful as the lady at check-in had once again told me that there was no lounge here, and said that 'maybe' there would be one when they went back to T4.

The wait continues.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 5:46 am

Well you must have the magic touch because I was told in no uncertain terms that ITA status was not on their admission list. I hadn't been hopeful as the lady at check-in had once again told me that there was no lounge here, and said that 'maybe' there would be one when they went back to T4.

The wait continues.
Yes, I think I got very lucky. The lady at check in said she couldn't see my status at all, but told me where the lounge was. At the lounge I said my status wasn't showing on my boarding pass. "Oh we get that all the time", scanned by boarding pass and waved me in. No idea what info she saw on my boarding pass? I have a feeling she was having a good day and just didn't care.

I ended up paying for an upgrade for CDG-LHR sector, so never got to try the ITA status again for lounge access. This time it didn't even print out the AZ number at the top of the boarding pass, so definitely not showing as SkyPriority.
ElJudioErrante likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.