Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Ok, now I have a really stupid question that I can imagine some other users have thought about as well. Is there any way to get in on this? Only read about this match for the first time today and would need a Skyteam membership for occasional flights on KL/AF.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Alec84
Ok, now I have a really stupid question that I can imagine some other users have thought about as well. Is there any way to get in on this? Only read about this match for the first time today and would need a Skyteam membership for occasional flights on KL/AF.
The status match offer is closed..
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Alec84
The public offer has closed. But it can do no harm to contact them and request an ad hoc status match. The offer was previously extended, so it looks as though they are anxious to attract members.

But if you have missed the boat, try not to sound as bitter about it as another of our contributors
Old Jan 10, 2022, 11:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • AA*EP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
I have been matched to Premium. Not sure whether this corresponds to STE+ ?

Last edited by Jason77W; Jan 10, 2022 at 11:55 pm
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Looking forward to getting confirmation on points around how this programme will work moving forward & benefits on both ITA and other carriers - not sure I'll be booking a skyteam flight where there's a OW option until we know more
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The public offer has closed. But it can do no harm to contact them and request an ad hoc status match. The offer was previously extended, so it looks as though they are anxious to attract members.

But if you have missed the boat, try not to sound as bitter about it as another of our contributors
This is exactly my logic! Since status matches are (unofficially) available all the time around various airlines, I figured that deadlines might not be so strict here. I sent them a message through the website two days ago, but have not received a response yet.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:56 am

I'm a little bit new to this and was wondering if someone could help me.

I'm attempting to fly from New York to Rome in early October of this year for my honeymoon in Sicily. I have about 400,000 Amex points I was hoping to transfer to Alitalia, who was previously an Amex transfer partner. With all of the changes from Alitalia to ITA, are there any rumblings as to whether or not ITA will also be an Amex transfer partner?

I haven't found another way to go from New York area to Rome and utilize my points. Amex doesn't transfer to United. I can transfer to Delta but it's like 800k points, so more than I have. And the partner flights through British Airways, Air France, and a couple others are all exorbitant, too. My only option appears to be transferring Amex to Emirates and flying JFK to Milan---which is great, but I'm en route to Sicily, so it's a bit farther than I'd like to be and will involve another flight once on the ground in Italy.

Long story short, I was wondering if anyone knows if Amex and ITA will have some sort of partnership?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Looks ITA is fooling on us. I am not gonna so any business with them before they announce membership nr
Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:14 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Amanda Cate Smith
I'm a little bit new to this and was wondering if someone could help me.

I'm attempting to fly from New York to Rome in early October of this year for my honeymoon in Sicily. I have about 400,000 Amex points I was hoping to transfer to Alitalia, who was previously an Amex transfer partner. With all of the changes from Alitalia to ITA, are there any rumblings as to whether or not ITA will also be an Amex transfer partner?

I haven't found another way to go from New York area to Rome and utilize my points. Amex doesn't transfer to United. I can transfer to Delta but it's like 800k points, so more than I have. And the partner flights through British Airways, Air France, and a couple others are all exorbitant, too. My only option appears to be transferring Amex to Emirates and flying JFK to Milan---which is great, but I'm en route to Sicily, so it's a bit farther than I'd like to be and will involve another flight once on the ground in Italy.

Long story short, I was wondering if anyone knows if Amex and ITA will have some sort of partnership?
I think if not officially announced there is little guaranteed about such partnership.

You could consider looking at star alliance programmes that are Amex partner (eg KrisFlyer). They may be able to book you on United. Though I'm assuming that UA won't bring you to Sicily...so you may still need to be creative. You could consider using an award to get to a major European hub and use a cash ticket to get to Sicily from there.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Looks ITA is fooling on us. I am not gonna so any business with them before they announce membership nr
Card (and number) is now available...speechless!
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Sciamano
Card (and number) is now available...speechless!
It's true. I have a number, a premium card. Expiration 01/2023
And in the image of the card there is the Skyteam logo, so i think that if you add ITA number on your BP you can use lounges
Old Jan 17, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Yes, you log into your account you should be able to see your credentials now.

Last edited by seattleBH; Jan 17, 2022 at 4:01 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by seattleBH
Yes, you log into your account you should be able to see your credentials now.
Indeed!!! Unfortunately the app is not updated yet.. Thus, it will be difficult to show the card if requested.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
Indeed!!! Unfortunately the app is not updated yet.. Thus, it will be difficult to show the card if requested.
Yeah, hopefully they'll be posting out physical cards in readiness for any kerfuffle convincing lounges we're allowed in... But seems to confirm skyteam elite plus, which is a positive step.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • AA*EP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
Finally!

A membership number has been issued. Premium is also ELITE PLUS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.