Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Phone app shows status expiry 1/2022, the website shows 1/2023
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: The Entire Universe!
Multi-City flight search will be avalible on ITA website soon!

Until that time it should be possible to book a multi-city flight via customer contact call center .
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Originally Posted by yellow_peril
Planning a trip with stopovers in Milan and Rome and no lounge access for other half would be a killer!!
I wouldn't worry, you probably couldn't hear them from inside the lounge.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 6:39 am

At least two Italian newspapers, Il Mesaggero and Il Giornale, yesterday wrote that MSC group has presented an expression of interest, together with LH to acquire a majority stake of ITA.
It is said that this is the first time that a company declares publicly that it is interested to acquire stakes in ITA.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 3:15 pm

Programs: ITA Executive
Originally Posted by yellow_peril
Ignore me! Just found the link to their lounge access page: https://www.itaspa.com/it_it/fly-ita...cess-mode.html

All seems to be well, just have to hope something decent in Heathrow is up and running by then!
I'm going to Heathrow again in a couple of weeks...am expecting to continue to be disappointed about the lack of lounge.

Anyway, two points from the lounge access page you linked to:

1. Sloppy wording
"Ospiti: 1 o partner o figli". Writing "1 o partner" is pretty redundant (unless you're a travelling bigamist). Also I'd hope it's "partner e figli", otherwise that's a recipe for a massive argument.

2. Which Volare members can access lounges
Soci del programma Volare:

EXECUTIVE PER SEMPRE
EXECUTIVE
PREMIUM
I don't believe I've read about the existence of a "PER SEMPRE" [FOREVER] club in connection with ITA. Is this actually a thing, or has someone just extrapolated from the previous existence under Alitalia of "FRECCIA ALATA PLUS PER SEMPRE"
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by fasteddie1971
I'm going to Heathrow again in a couple of weeks...am expecting to continue to be disappointed about the lack of lounge.

Anyway, two points from the lounge access page you linked to:

1. Sloppy wording
"Ospiti: 1 o partner o figli". Writing "1 o partner" is pretty redundant (unless you're a travelling bigamist). Also I'd hope it's "partner e figli", otherwise that's a recipe for a massive argument.

2. Which Volare members can access lounges
Soci del programma Volare:

EXECUTIVE PER SEMPRE
EXECUTIVE
PREMIUM
I don't believe I've read about the existence of a "PER SEMPRE" [FOREVER] club in connection with ITA. Is this actually a thing, or has someone just extrapolated from the previous existence under Alitalia of "FRECCIA ALATA PLUS PER SEMPRE"
I know someone has been matched to EXECUTIVE PER SEMPRE from FRECCIA ALATA PLUS PER SEMPRE.
Don't say a word.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: DL DM; AFKL FBE; ITA Exec
Not certain that this deserves a new thread or not: "Delta wishes to buy ITA" (https://www.repubblica.it/economia/2...93271-P2-S4-T1)
TL/dr, Delta is showing interest in ITA and wishes to see their databases. Purely as selfish reason, this would be wonderful for me, as I use TRS all the time (ITA is the only non-ULCC, alongside LH regional) and when in the US am on DL. I also think it makes sense to not feed the Lufthansa juggernaut too much - were ITA to go into the LH group, it would make this the dominant, if not only viable non-ULCC in Central Europe (having in addition to LH how many?.. OS, SN, LX and within star alliance allegiances to SK, LO, and others that I can't recall).
In any event, it is good that there is more competition for ITA, whatever the output of this.
Xandrios and Smuffe like this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Hi all, not sure if this is relevant to this thread or not, I have had my status matched (BA Silver to Volare Premium). I'm now trying to book a flight with AF using my fancy Skypriority-abling status... But ITA Airways doesn't exist in the list of FF numbers that AF allows you to pick from. The old MilleMiglia is there though... Has anyone managed to use their Volare status outside of a Volare flight?

Additional thought: in some instances, status benefits can be obtained by waving the actual card (plastic or digital) even if not added to the booking. But I mean, in this case, we have a pretty basic email from Ita Airways... Will that work to open the door of a SkyTeam lounge?

Last edited by ConstantVoyager; Feb 16, 2022 at 12:57 am
Old Feb 15, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
I am having the same issue with KQ. I’m booked ti fly NBO CPT Thu 17 Feb. Will I be able to use my electronic Volare card to access Sky Priority benefits?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
I am having the same issue with KQ. I’m booked ti fly NBO CPT Thu 17 Feb. Will I be able to use my electronic Volare card to access Sky Priority benefits?
And me with SV ??
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ConstantVoyager
Hi all, not sure if this is relevant to this thread or not, I have had my status matched (BA Silver to Volare Premium). I'm now trying to book a flight with AF using my fancy Skypriority-abling status... But ITA Airways doesn't exist in the list of FF numbers that AF allows you to pick from. The old MilleMiglia is there though... Has anyone managed to use their Volare status outside of a Volare flight?

Additional thought: in some instances, status benefits can be obtained by waving the actual card (plastic or digital) even if not added to the booking. But I mean, in this case, we have a pretty basic email from Ita Airways... Will that work to open the door of a SkyTeam lounge?
Volare Executive tier. I was rejected access to the Crown Lounge Schengen in AMS four weeks ago on the basis that "ITA had not signed the contract with them". It was impossible to add the FQTV number into the system. Didn't try priority boarding cause I arrived at the gate at closing time.

Last week, they tried adding it manualy at KLM desk in MAD.They could only log it under 8I code (which was the code of defunct MyAir airlines). Of course, no signs of the actual tier/status nor the benefits on the boarding pass. Absolutely disappointing.
ItsWowStyle likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by 4lB3R70
Volare Executive tier. I was rejected access to the Crown Lounge Schengen in AMS four weeks ago on the basis that "ITA had not signed the contract with them". It was impossible to add the FQTV number into the system. Didn't try priority boarding cause I arrived at the gate at closing time.

Last week, they tried adding it manualy at KLM desk in MAD.They could only log it under 8I code (which was the code of defunct MyAir airlines). Of course, no signs of the actual tier/status nor the benefits on the boarding pass. Absolutely disappointing.
And when you flashed the card at lounge and at gate in MAD.... Did you have any luck with entry and priority boarding ?
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
And when you flashed the card at lounge and at gate in MAD.... Did you have any luck with entry and priority boarding ?
To be honest, didn't even bother. I had roughly 20 minutes before boarding started and used my PP to gain access to the lounge. Boarding was already at the group indicated on my BP by the time I reached the gate.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:14 am

I am currently in the flagship KLM lounge at Schiphol using the ITA card with an economy class KLM ticket. The door agent did not know what ITA is but her colleague did and getting access was straightforward.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
At NBO I went to the Priority Check In counter and they did not ask me why I was there. When I asked for my luggage to be priority tagged, she asked about my FF status. Showed her the ITA Elite Plus Card and she tried to enter into the system - was rejected. She hesitantly tagged all our bags "Priority".

Went to the lounge and the two ladies manning the desk did not know about ITA. I kept showing them the email from ITA as well as the card which shows "Sky Team Elite Plus". They called a manager over and he let us in saying that ITA was part of Sky Team. I think he did not know, and the logo on the card plus email helped.

CPT NBO we bid for an upgrade and got it, so no need to go through all the palaver.
Smuffe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.