Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ITA and SkyTeam [now confirmed]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by swiss_global
The verb entrerà is clearly in future tense (correctly translated by Google with "will join"). This may be on any date from 16 October on ... but it's not on 15 October. The Skyteam website rather innocently still mentions Alitalia as their member ...
Both the Delta and FlyingBlue websites say there will be no milage accruing on AZ after October 14. The KE website removed all mention of AZ.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by fmirenzi
ITA announced they will not use the Alitalia brand. It was purchased only to ensure no one else can use it.
I admit I am not that familiar with Italian IP law, but generally, don't you have to actively use it to avoid another company using it? I always was under the impression part of the reason Aegean keeps the Olympic brand alive and active as an operating carrier is to keep the usage active, preventing others from using it.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I admit I am not that familiar with Italian IP law, but generally, don't you have to actively use it to avoid another company using it? I always was under the impression part of the reason Aegean keeps the Olympic brand alive and active as an operating carrier is to keep the usage active, preventing others from using it.
Yes. One theory is that “ITA Airways” is only being used now to distract the EU’s attention and eventually will be rebranded Alitalia.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Skyteam website should remove or remark on Alitalia … Interesting there is no news/clarification mentioned on skyteam website re Alitalia/ITA.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
I admit I am not that familiar with Italian IP law, but generally, don't you have to actively use it to avoid another company using it?
They are using it; just look at the livery on all their planes.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze
ITA now officially has joined SkyTeam!

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/...yteam-alliance
Old Oct 29, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
Originally Posted by Erwin10
ITA now officially has joined SkyTeam!

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/...yteam-alliance
Yes, so sad

Lefly likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, JL JGC
So... When do skyteam benefits start? As far as I know, nobody even has frequent flyer numbers, despite everybody and their mothers having ITA status now...
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:52 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by rill2503456
So... When do skyteam benefits start? As far as I know, nobody even has frequent flyer numbers, despite everybody and their mothers having ITA status now...
From the webpages it looks like you'll get the "Volare" number starting from 1/1/22 and you'll be able to use the points starting 1/03/22.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by fmirenzi
Yes. One theory is that “ITA Airways” is only being used now to distract the EU’s attention and eventually will be rebranded Alitalia.
My theory is that Alitalia will be resurrected for a low cost emanation of ITA, think AF/Hop or KL/Transavia. The opposite might be true, i.e. with ITA ending up as the LCC brand.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's interesting that ITA is offering status matches from other SkyTeam programs. Usually FF programs don't try to poach customers from their alliance partners.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's interesting that ITA is offering status matches from other SkyTeam programs. Usually FF programs don't try to poach customers from their alliance partners.
agreed. They should rather match status from former AZ members.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
This has all got a very Air Italy feeling to it.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:17 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jumpallover
From the webpages it looks like you'll get the "Volare" number starting from 1/1/22 and you'll be able to use the points starting 1/03/22.
How does that work if, as part of the status match, you're supposed to credit a certain number of flights to your Volare account?

I'm curious what kind of Flying Blue earnings we will be getting for flying ITA. Could be comparable to Alitalia (their prices certainly are)...but I can also see it being substantially lower.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I've sent off for a status match - never had SkyTeam access before.

But from what I understand there isn't even a status number for ITA yet, just our email access. So if I was to take an ITA flight next week say, which I am maybe looking to do - will I even get credit for it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.