Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare
Reload this Page >

Alitalia - Italia Trasporto Aereo S.p.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alitalia - Italia Trasporto Aereo S.p.A.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:17 am
JBD

Ex-Alitalia FAs strip to protest loss of jobs and lower wages at ITA

From "Wanted In Rome", an English language magazine for expats and tourists, dated 21 October, 2021:

Alitalia flight attendants strip in Rome protest against ITA Airways

It's a short article with video of the protest, which took place on 20 October. Here are some excerpts:

Around 50 former Alitalia flight attendants stripped out of their uniforms in a choreographed flash mob protest outside Rome city hall on Wednesday afternoon....protesting over the loss of jobs and the working conditions of colleagues re-hired by the slimmed-down ITA Airways...After stripping down to their undergarments, the hostesses remained in silence for several minutes before picking up their clothes and chanting: “We are Alitalia!”
fmirenzi likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:43 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Someone is going to have to explain to me why ITA should care about a labor protest by a bunch of people who don't work for ITA....
TPJ, gojko88 and GratefulSmile like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:55 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
In fact, if they don't work for ITA, is it even a labour protest?
TBD likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: AZ MilleMiglia, AF/KLM Flying Blue, A3 Miles & Bonus
Originally Posted by TBD
Someone is going to have to explain to me why ITA should care about a labor protest by a bunch of people who don't work for ITA....
Maybe because it’s a state-owned company that was created purposely to protect the employees? *face palm*
Old Oct 31, 2021, 4:13 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by fmirenzi
Maybe because it’s a state-owned company that was created purposely to protect the employees? *face palm*
That is exactly not why ITA was created.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.