Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Royal Ambassador Status

Hi all, Im new to the forum, but am an IC Ambassador Gold. Is there much tangible benefit over and above the Ambassador with Royal Ambassador? Do people ever sell/trade their invitation? Is this allowed within IC rules and/or ethical?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
try to read one of the "sticky" related to the RA status.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...s-details.html
Old Mar 8, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by BoraBora911
Hi all, Im new to the forum, but am an IC Ambassador Gold. Is there much tangible benefit over and above the Ambassador with Royal Ambassador? Do people ever sell/trade their invitation? Is this allowed within IC rules and/or ethical?
4 ways to receive RA status:

- Hit the neccassary criteria within 1 year of Ambassador to be among the top 1% tier of ICH customers --- best way ^

- Buy a cert at Ebay for loads of money

- Find a friend who actually reffers you

- Trade with another community member within the thread "Coupon Connection".
(visible after being 90 days member at FT and after having 90 posts)

Best ethical way: earn your status
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:31 pm

Hmm 90 posts? Still a long way to go for me.

What do you mean by "trade" with another FT member?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 11:36 pm

I think I would never make the top 1%.

Last year I have only stayed for about 35 qulifying nights ( about 4 nights at the IC).

Does non-qualifying stay counts ( like Priority Privilege, Sale, BOGO, Award nights, PBs)...

This year I would be staying about 40 qualifying nights and maybe 10-15 non qualifying nights and planning to stay at 3-4 different ICs ( Manila, Singapore, Hongkong & Bangkok).

Do you think I will have a chance?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: Prioirty Club Royal Ambassador, Fursan
"Coupon Connection".

Where is link for "Coupon Connection".????? or how to access "Coupon Connection".
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:05 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Old Stranger
Where is link for "Coupon Connection".????? or how to access "Coupon Connection".
You might have a look at this two thread for further information about Coupon Connection
90 days 90 posts
Coupon Connection, how to access

Hope this helps
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Me2Earth
I think I would never make the top 1%.

Last year I have only stayed for about 35 qulifying nights ( about 4 nights at the IC).

Does non-qualifying stay counts ( like Priority Privilege, Sale, BOGO, Award nights, PBs)...

This year I would be staying about 40 qualifying nights and maybe 10-15 non qualifying nights and planning to stay at 3-4 different ICs ( Manila, Singapore, Hongkong & Bangkok).

Do you think I will have a chance?
Historically no, it has been 50-60 nights. However, with the downturn you may find that the criteria drops a bit.

However, since RA only gets you benefits at IC's and you only did 4 nights in them last year, you're not losing much by not being RA. It's certainly not worth buying a referral certificate on ebay unless you are doing (to my mind) 20-30 IC nights a year and only then at properties which respect RA status and give good upgrades and benefits.

If you sign up for all the promos in the promo thread you should hit Platinum at 60,000 points very quickly, which will be more use to you as it will benefit you on all your other stays. Simply signing up for all the Welcome Back / New Member bonuses in that thread should get you about 20,000 points on your next stay.

And welcome to FT!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:36 am

Programs: RA
I have now royal ambassadoor card
I found these words in my account :
You have maintained Platinum Status for the next year.

Does this mean that I am taking a Alambasdor
Free next year?
Thanks?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Abdulmalik100
I found these words in my account :
You have maintained Platinum Status for the next year.
Does this mean that I am taking a Alambasdor
Free next year?
Thanks?
No. It means what it says--you have maintained your Platinum Status (through Feb 2011).
Old Mar 9, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: RA
Originally Posted by soitgoes
No. It means what it says--you have maintained your Platinum Status (through Feb 2011).

Excuse me
I did not understand what I wrote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by Abdulmalik100
Excuse me
I did not understand what I wrote
Just to clarify, Priority Club status is based on a calendar year - January to December. Ambassador/RA status is based on a 12-month rolling calendar - e.g. February to January; April to March; etc., depending on when you originally joined the Ambassador program or the old Six Continents Club (SCC).

RA membership comes with automatic Platinum status and expires when you are demoted to Ambassador unless you earned Platinum status through points or stays in the previous year.

mxm135
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Me2Earth

No, just qualifying nights count towards your status.

BTW: all of my BOGO nights were counted as qualifying nights
Old Mar 9, 2009, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
Historically no, it has been 50-60 nights. However, with the downturn you may find that the criteria drops a bit.

However, since RA only gets you benefits at IC's and you only did 4 nights in them last year, you're not losing much by not being RA. It's certainly not worth buying a referral certificate on ebay unless you are doing (to my mind) 20-30 IC nights a year and only then at properties which respect RA status and give good upgrades and benefits.

If you sign up for all the promos in the promo thread you should hit Platinum at 60,000 points very quickly, which will be more use to you as it will benefit you on all your other stays. Simply signing up for all the Welcome Back / New Member bonuses in that thread should get you about 20,000 points on your next stay.

And welcome to FT!

Thanks Raffles.

Yes I was a member here in FT since last year but is not signing up with all the PC codes and I think I only made about 130K points in over 35 nights!

This year - I have signed up with all the Welcome Back & New Member bonus & other codes everytime I have a stay - 34K so far in only 3 qualifying nights. I am slow at QN at this time since I already use 8 PBs stay in Australia, Philippines & Singapore so far.

Well if I get an RA then maybe I would increase my IC stays to at least 10 a year :-)

But its alright, thanks to you guys & to FT with 30+ nights this year I think I would make 300K points this year!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by lemieux66
No, just qualifying nights count towards your status.

BTW: all of my BOGO nights were counted as qualifying nights

Hi,

My BOGO stay using an Ambassador voucher was a qualifying night.

But my BOGO stay using a Priority Privilege voucher was a non-qualifying stay even though I emailed PC Rewards ( I have used it 3X since I am also a new PP member - 2x in CP & 1X IC hotel).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.