Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn up to 80,000 Points Sep 15 through Dec 31 (now live)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:51 pm
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Earn up to 80,000 Points Sep 15 through Dec 31 (now live)

Q: "100 vs 500: which is it?"
A: The "per night earn" opportunity is 500 points per night OR 100 miles per night. The base maximum earn (excluding brand multipliers) is 20,000 points OR 4,000 miles.

Q: "The website says I'm already registered"
A: "this is incorrect - registration isn't officially open until August 25th. So everyone will have to revisit the PCR site again later next week."

Q: "Why are the points awarded after the promotional period?"
A: Because the number of brands will determine whether you receive double, triple, or quadruple points for the entire promotion.

Q: "Does Holiday Inn & Suites count the same as Holiday Inn?"
A: Yes, it does the seven brands that you can use to move to the next level of bonus points are: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites.

Q: "I used code 1738, is this correct?"
A: We have several codes that are available for this promo, but this code is the one that I'm passing around: http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...&offerId=p7716

Q: "The promo confirmation says 20K points or 4K miles, is this the right promo?"
A: Yes this is correct, this is the base points from the promo without the brand multiplier. The brand multiplier will be applied after the promo is over.

Q: "How will this work with Iberia Plus?"
A: EMEA airlines are not participating in this fall promotion

Q: "This isn't a great promo, I could use the 5,000 bonus point package for 16 nights to earn 80K points."
A: Yes, you could use the 5K BPP for 16 nights, but remember that the package is stay based and not night based. So each stay would have to be a 1-night stay.

Last edited by IHGRewardsClub; Aug 26, 2011 at 11:45 am
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:51 pm
Company Representative - Priority Club Rewards by InterContinental Hotel Group
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club Rewards & InterContinental Ambassador
Earn up to 80,000 Points Sep 15 through Dec 31 (will go live: Aug 25)

Hello Everyone -
I wanted to talk a bit about our new fall promotion since there has been a bit of chatter about the promotion set to start September 15th. This year we've included a brand multiplier to help you increase the maximum amount of points you can earn during the promotional period, details are as follows:

Registration Opens: August 25th

Earn Period: September 15 - December 31, 2011

Points (Up to 80,000)
Bonus Level 1: Earn 500 bonus points for every night you stay
Bonus Level 2: Earn 2x (1,000) bonus points when you stay at 2 IHG brands
Bonus Level 3: Earn 3x (1,500) bonus points when you stay at 3 IHG brands
Bonus Level 4: Earn 4x (2,000) bonus points when you stay at 4 or more IHG brands

Miles (Up to 12,000)
Bonus Level 1: Earn 100 bonus miles for every night you stay
Bonus Level 2: Earn 2x (200) bonus miles for every night you stay at 2 IHG brands
Bonus Level 3: Earn 3x (300) bonus miles for every night you stay at 3 IHG brands
Bonus Level 4: Earn 4x (400) bonus miles for every night you stay at 4 or more IHG brands

**You'll receive all bonus points for Bonus Level 1 during the campaign, and any points earned in the remaining Bonus Level's will be awarded after the promotional period.

I'm happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding this promotion and please feel free to post any comments for this promo here in this thread.

Thanks!
Carolyn

Registration link is: http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u...&offerId=p7716

Last edited by FLYGVA; Aug 27, 2011 at 4:07 am Reason: added link
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TsarTsar
Wow. Just found this. Earn up to 80,000 bonus points between September thru December 2011.

However, I don't think that registration has opened yet..!

http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/u.../q311/pts_amer

^
Tried to register and it said I'm already registered. Huh?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Amyrlin
As this does not start until the 15th of Sept, there is no harm in waiting and seeing if anythingother promos come out at the same time. Last year it was a choice between SD and double points if I remember correctly.
Exactly why it was called 'sweet dilemma'. The dilemma being whether to choose double points or free nights.

Yet so many people always just say 'sweet dilemma' when they really mean free nights promo.

I like the idea of this promo, but the points do seem a bit stingy. Even if you go to the trouble of staying at 4 brands and get 2,000 points per night, it isn't much better (if at all) than a double points promo.

Last edited by britbronco22; Aug 13, 2011 at 3:58 am Reason: I can't spell dilemma!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Amarante
Crack the case round 2 is what drew me here...
Couple that with Sweet Dilemma...
Anyone think we will get sweet dilemma or Crack the Case as well?
Sweet Dilemma no - it was the non-targetted major fall promo last year, this year it appears to be the 80,000 bonus points.

Crack the Case - maybe, or in another guise, but it was targetted so no guarantee would get an invite if they did run something like this again.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
They must be registering us automatically.

I got the same 'already enrolled' message, and I have definitely not signed up for this one myself. It does not show under 'My Offer Status'.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:50 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have brought the 100 / 500 pts discrepancy to the attention of PriorityClubRewards. But I think, we will have to wait till Monday to get an answer.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:41 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Code: 5712
[...]
it says I'm already registered for this
I got the same message. We probably both typed the code in at some point in the past, having seen it (e.g. in this thread's first post) listed as an "anniversary bonus".
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by IMH
I got the same message. We probably both typed the code in at some point in the past, having seen it (e.g. in this thread's first post) listed as an "anniversary bonus".
I noticed that the link had 2009 as the valid year for the promotion code 5712. IHG may be reusing this code for the new promotion and until it is activated, it will not recognize any new registrants who had previously had this code on their account.

mxm135
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:32 am
YLW

Programs: AS AC AA SPG IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Tried to register and it said I'm already registered. Huh?
Same here.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:50 am

I would echo a couple of comments above - this promo does not start until 15 September, so there is no need to try to register yet (even if it works, you may find that there is an alternative offered which would suit your stay pattern better, but find that you have blocked yourself from it).
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:51 am

5712 is listed in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-2011-a.html as Anniversay Bonus

That explains why everyone is registered for it already,
but rather than PC recycling codes I'm tempted to believe that it wasn't a correct Anniversary code...

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Aug 13, 2011 at 12:02 pm
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
I am no sure that the promo has been fully set up yet. A link on Loyalty Traveller on boarding area (http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...sep-15-dec-31/) , includes 6763 in the link, although i gets changed to 5712 on the way through.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by YLW
Same here.
Yup, folks posting this in the Master Promo thread to - tsk tsk.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
While it's not as good as a Sweet Dilemma, or that wonderful Crack the Case one, it's better than what we have right now (double points/miles). I'll have no problem staying at 4 different brands, so I'll be getting 2,000 bonus points per night. I'm not paying anywhere close to $200 per night for any of my stays (even at ICs-- thank you 2-4-1!!) which would be equal to 2,000 bonus points with a double points promo. So I'll give this upcoming promo a ^.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.