Another 10,000 bonus points - Madison, WI

Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priortiy Club
Smile Another 10,000 bonus points - Madison, WI

Hello! I thought I'd introduce myself and join my Fellow GMs in letting you know that we are offering a similar 10,000 point promotion

I am the GM of the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Madison West, located just outside Middleton, Wisconsin on Madison's west side. We offer an additional great benefit for our members Monday through Thursday nights with Complimentary Wine, Beer and Soda as well as appetizers in our lobby bar from 5pm - 7pm. In addition we have the area's best shuttle service, are home to Madison's only Indoor Waterpark and feature George's Chop House. Oh and YES we do upgrade our platinum members!

Our program is similar to Clint's and Tyler's - 10,000 bonus points (Stackable, it's a qualifying stay) priced at $25 above best flex. Bookable through GDS, IHG and Priorityclub.com as well as hotel direct.

Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything I can ever do for you!

(In answer to a question in a previous thread... no, we have no input on point break offers... it's done through the Atlanta offices)

Kevin
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT!

It's good to see some GMs posting.
I notice your hotel hasn't "relaunched" with the new ugly green Holiday Inn logo. Is that in the works?

Also, do you offer any particular local benefits/perks to Platinum members?

I have a trip to the Madison area planned for later this month; I'm currently booked elsewhere, but am considering a change.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

soitgoes
Glad to be a part of the forum! Hoping I can add something more than just my shameless promotion too!

We'd love to have you as our guest, here is a quick rundown of what you can expect as a platinum guest at our property:
~Upgrade (at a minimum to our 4th floor executive floor, to one of our suites if available, the upgrade would also include breakfast the next morning)
~Priority Club Reception (Monday through Thursday Evenings) from 5pm to 7pm in Zmartini's Lobby Bar - Comped wine, beer and soda along with some great appetizers prepared by Chef Tre' and his team.
~Priority Club "Scratch Card", your chance to win anything from a free dessert to an additional 500 priority club points when you scratch to win
~And, of course, Priority Club Points!

Question for you folks... what are the best benefits you see? What SHOULD we be offering?

Kevin
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Forgot to answer the question about relaunch! Yes, our relaunch window starts March 4th, so we are getting very close!

Let me know if I can help with anything!

Kevin

Last edited by KevinShanley; Feb 8, 2010 at 8:33 pm
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: Priority Club, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Choice Privileges, WorldPerks, SkyMiles, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by KevinShanley

Question for you folks... what are the best benefits you see? What SHOULD we be offering?

Kevin
You nailed it. Points, especially this time of year when we're trying once again to hit Plat, especially when they're cheap like these...that is what I seek. I usually hole up when I get to the hotel and don't want to socialize, not too concerned about free drinks.

Yes, I am a point whore, but I do not feel alone here in that!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brandinius2
You nailed it. Points, especially this time of year when we're trying once again to hit Plat, especially when they're cheap like these...that is what I seek. I usually hole up when I get to the hotel and don't want to socialize, not too concerned about free drinks.

Yes, I am a point whore, but I do not feel alone here in that!
LOL! Yeah, I'm gathering that!

So, if we were to offer a choice at check-in... say, either take advantage of our reception or receive another XXXX in points, that would be better than just offering the reception itself?

Kevin
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your offerings sound pretty attractive. ^

My favorite perks to receive are an upgrade, free breakfast, and, where applicable, free Internet. Having a complimentary bottle or two of water in the room when I arrive is also much appreciated. I like hotels that either have decent in-room coffee (something other than those four-cup drip brewers with a weak filter pack) or a lobby coffee/tea station (most Crowne Plazas have this).

Above all, I also like not having to prod the staff to get info on benefits. More than once I've been at hotels and asked about Internet charges or breakfast cost and then been told, "Oh, Mr. soitgoes, that's complimentary for our Platinum guests" or something like that. So, not having to ask for information or an upgrade is a plus in my book.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:28 pm

Programs: IC RA, KrisFlyer, Evergreen
Wow Kevin, your offers and upgrades for Plat members sound pretty good! Too bad I'm not even close to Wisconsin, otherwise I'd definitely book a stay at your hotel.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Your offerings sound pretty attractive. ^

My favorite perks to receive are an upgrade, free breakfast, and, where applicable, free Internet. Having a complimentary bottle or two of water in the room when I arrive is also much appreciated. I like hotels that either have decent in-room coffee (something other than those four-cup drip brewers with a weak filter pack) or a lobby coffee/tea station (most Crowne Plazas have this).

Above all, I also like not having to prod the staff to get info on benefits. More than once I've been at hotels and asked about Internet charges or breakfast cost and then been told, "Oh, Mr. soitgoes, that's complimentary for our Platinum guests" or something like that. So, not having to ask for information or an upgrade is a plus in my book.
Excellent. We've got the free internet, upgrade and lobby Coffee covered! If you were offered a choice at check-in between additional points, comp breakfast or some sort of cocktail/Food & Beverage benefit would you view this positively? Which would you be likely to choose? Is there anything else you've seen as a choice or would like to see?

Kevin
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mister__big
Wow Kevin, your offers and upgrades for Plat members sound pretty good! Too bad I'm not even close to Wisconsin, otherwise I'd definitely book a stay at your hotel.
Thanks! Who knows, you may find reason at some point!

Kevin
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:46 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
soitgoes
Glad to be a part of the forum! Hoping I can add something more than just my shameless promotion too!

We'd love to have you as our guest, here is a quick rundown of what you can expect as a platinum guest at our property:
~Upgrade (at a minimum to our 4th floor executive floor, to one of our suites if available, the upgrade would also include breakfast the next morning)
~Priority Club Reception (Monday through Thursday Evenings) from 5pm to 7pm in Zmartini's Lobby Bar - Comped wine, beer and soda along with some great appetizers prepared by Chef Tre' and his team.
~Priority Club "Scratch Card", your chance to win anything from a free dessert to an additional 500 priority club points when you scratch to win

Kevin

Have you thought about a career down under, hopefully your Plat treatment policy is contagious and would spread to other GM's
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by markis10
Have you thought about a career down under, hopefully your Plat treatment policy is contagious and would spread to other GM's
Hmmm... How's the weather?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:03 pm

If you were offered a choice at check-in between additional points, comp breakfast or some sort of cocktail/Food & Beverage benefit would you view this positively? Which would you be likely to choose? Is there anything else you've seen as a choice or would like to see?

Kevin
A friend of mine who is Platinum at Starwood is frequently offered the option on multi-night stays between changed linens and extra points. That is, "save the environment and we'll give you more points instead of changing sheets every day."

I would like to see this at some/more IHG properties. As an environmentalist and a points slut its a double win for me!

Thanks Kevin, I'll try to get to Madison one of these days.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Excellent. We've got the free internet, upgrade and lobby Coffee covered! If you were offered a choice at check-in between additional points, comp breakfast or some sort of cocktail/Food & Beverage benefit would you view this positively? Which would you be likely to choose? Is there anything else you've seen as a choice or would like to see?

Kevin
I had a interesting and memorable experience at checkin at a HI property in a southern market. The clerk fanned out Priority Club playing cards face down on the counter and told me to pick a card, each had a different extra on the face. I pulled a free drink, I inquired about other options and saw there were various levels of restaurant discounts as well as PC point options. This was in addition to a free drink in the checkin packet and a very nice upgrade.

As to my preference that really depends on the mood I am in that day and the plans. The above stay was after a bachelor party and I really did not want more alcohol that weekend. Similarly I have been granted free breakfast at a airport hotel and had to leave well before serving hours.

At a different hotel I was offered free drink or 300 points, I took the points and I am still waiting for them to post. Whatever you implement make sure you can deliver as promised.

Going further back a solid manager's reception is always appreciated. The cost is higher but it builds great goodwill and loyalty. HI Saint Paul East did this so well I am still sending people to them years after my last stay, I now live within 10 miles so I have no need to personally return.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:35 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

let me also welcome you at flyertalk

Not in a IHG Hotel, but I have experience and "offer" like mentioned by Exiled in Express myself and I liked it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.