Intercontinental Adelaide [Master Thread]

Old May 1, 2016, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saaveraward
The request was many hours before it was needed. And when I have to do a 360 degree circle and explain yet again that I don't want to DRIVE your car, it shows a complete lack of understanding and responsiveness.

If there is simple training, you don't have those problems.
Do they even offer a car service? As I said, it sounds in your post like you just want some random employee to drive you to dinner. If they don't have a car service then it is unreasonable. But your request, if asked like in your thread, is not clear that you are looking for a car service. And as asked by supposedly another person at the hotel and others in this thread, could you have not taken a taxi?
Old May 1, 2016, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
Do they even offer a car service? As I said, it sounds in your post like you just want some random employee to drive you to dinner. If they don't have a car service then it is unreasonable. But your request, if asked like in your thread, is not clear that you are looking for a car service. And as asked by supposedly another person at the hotel and others in this thread, could you have not taken a taxi?
The very first reply was that they have a hotel BMW. Expect not one single person could figure out what they used it for or how to book it. It's bizarre that every single front line employee doesn't know their basic offerings.

I was very clear in asking, do you offer "this." If not that's fine but someone please give me a correct answer and don't circle me back to the first person who still thought I wanted to drive said BMW

Last edited by saaveraward; May 1, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Old May 2, 2016, 4:27 am

Btw, let me give you my interaction in Wellington.

I was having an exceptional breakfast in the lounge when I asked the incredibly persobable Hayley

"Is it possible to get airport transportation in an hour and can you let me now what it costs please?"

She came back a minute later and said "we have a BMW and a Bentley. The BMW is $45 and we can bill it to the room."

"Perfect. Thank you!"

I did a front desk checkout where first the agent asked me about my stay and then she said a car was ready for me and she personally came out from behind the desk and walked me to the driver and introduced him.

He took over and asked me if the temperature was ok, was there any type of music I'd like to listen to and let me know there's still and sparkling water for me. Both of which laid in the side door on a towel so as not to create spills or glass noise.

He then took the amazing scenic route to the airport instead of the motorway.

THAT'S great training and world-class service.

Traveling isn't about DYKWIA. It's about being a nobody and being made to feel special and appreciated by great hospitality.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
Any recent stays at this IC? Booked to stay here in May in the River View, I am a Gold Ambassador, so not really expecting any amazing treatment but would be nice to know what to expect?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by coffeeblack
Any recent stays at this IC? Booked to stay here in May in the River View, I am a Gold Ambassador, so not really expecting any amazing treatment but would be nice to know what to expect?
You'll receive a pleasant greeting at the front desk and a one category upgrade. Nice hotel with central location.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
A bit of a meh place to be honest

some good things:
- Rooms nice but a bit tired
- Breakfast buffet pretty decent
- central location, some decent views (at least from my room)

But they drop the ball on the small stuff in an irritating way
- 90 mins and multiple online (room iPad) and phone call requests to get laundry collected for same day service
- debit card on file is fine for room service but not for breakfast buffet (a lot of FX fee free debit cards in UK), so if you go down for breakfast and you cant charge it to your room and you dont have a payment card on you [some hotels will be clear on this stuff at check-in and do a pending charge / hold so this doesnt happen]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.