Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
IC Kiev [Master thread]

From Business Traveller...
Old Sep 1, 2009, 4:20 pm

was passing near it just yesterday ^

great location guys, close to many beautiful sites
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:50 am

Programs: LH KL PC
I've got a room booked for 3 nights at the end of next week, I'll post my experiences after that.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:49 am

sense a possible point breaks for the IC Kiev??? hopefully........
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by ms1664
I've got a room booked for 3 nights at the end of next week, I'll post my experiences after that.
The price you paid was 400+ Eur or they are more reasonable now?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by olegator
The price you paid was 400+ Eur or they are more reasonable now?
No it was something like 150 EUR.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
No it was something like 150 EUR.
Good for you! Some random week-day dates in Oct bring up prices starting at 477eurs (that's 681 usd)
Old Sep 5, 2009, 1:27 pm

Programs: IHG RA - PC Plat - SPG Plat - Hilton Diamond - Sixt Plat
is the 150eur a corporate rate or did you book it on the ihg website?
it sounds like a great price for kiev..and for a Ic in paritucular...
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: BD*G, Priorityclub Platinum Royal Ambassador
I'll be very interested to hear about your experience - I'm thinking this might be a possible new year reward booking
Old Sep 7, 2009, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Luca T.
is the 150eur a corporate rate or did you book it on the ihg website?
it sounds like a great price for kiev..and for a Ic in paritucular...
I booked the room right when they started (I think) taking reservations on the IHG website for the IC in Kiev last december.

The price at that time was 60 EUR per person per room, and approx 100 EUR for an additional guest, making the total per room per night at around 160 EUR.

I thought about booking one room for me and one for my GF and then just leave the extra room unoccupied. I don't think I've ever seen single rooms with single beds at ICs, but as the price wasn't that much higher, and 160 EUR for a room in Ukraine (at an IC) is a bargain anyway so I went with that.

We'll see what gives on thursday night

I'm a lowly A btw so no RA extravaganza for me I'm afraid
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:05 pm

I booked the room right when they started (I think) taking reservations on the IHG website for the IC in Kiev last december.

The price at that time was 60 EUR per person per room, and approx 100 EUR for an additional guest, making the total per room per night at around 160 EUR.

I thought about booking one room for me and one for my GF and then just leave the extra room unoccupied. I don't think I've ever seen single rooms with single beds at ICs, but as the price wasn't that much higher, and 160 EUR for a room in Ukraine (at an IC) is a bargain anyway so I went with that.

We'll see what gives on thursday night

I'm a lowly A btw so no RA extravaganza for me I'm afraid
I doubt it was a single bed. I would have booked two rooms at 60 EUR/night and taken my chances. But do let us know how it goes. I'm hoping this shows up in the next Pointbreaks list.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Totally absurd prices! Even F&F rate is 256 EUR on weekends for pretty ordinary 32SQM room and Ukraine is poor country, you can luxurious suites for that money in Mauritius, Singapore or Hong Kong!
30 000 points seems like a good value there. Wonder how they do upgrades.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richey66
Totally absurd prices! Even F&F rate is 256 EUR on weekends for pretty ordinary 32SQM room and Ukraine is poor country, you can luxurious suites for that money in Mauritius, Singapore or Hong Kong!
30 000 points seems like a good value there. Wonder how they do upgrades.
You need to compare the prices with other properties in Kiev, not with other hotels around the world.

I don't know the hotel market in the Ukraine, but I am familiar with, for example, Moscow. Although average household income is really low, decent hotels are absurdly expensive.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by soitgoes
You need to compare the prices with other properties in Kiev, not with other hotels around the world.

I don't know the hotel market in the Ukraine, but I am familiar with, for example, Moscow. Although average household income is really low, decent hotels are absurdly expensive.
Correct. I can tell you that back last year I stayed at the SAS Radisson Kiev as no IC back then and the heavily discounted weekday corp rate was 220 Euro incl breakfast and internet. In Moscow we paid 350 Euro for the Crowne Plaza and in Almaty (Kazakhstan) over 500USD at the IC. welcome to Eastern Europe.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:44 am

IC Kiev, Ukraine

I just completed 3 nights at the newly opened (Sep 1st 2009) IC in Kiev, Ukraine.

Check-in was fast and efficient, the staff was very courteous and attentive. I had booked a Standard Room, and as an Ambassador I got upgraded to (I believe) a Deluxe King room with city view. We received a fruit plate, a bottle of water and a bottle of (french) wine as welcome gift, but only on the last night of the stay.
The room was on the 7th floor, overlooking the city and the Ministry of internal affairs building. Sadly no views of St Michaels monastery, it was too far to the left to be visible.

The furniture in the room is brand new, and consists of one king bed, one armchair, and one office corner with its table and chair. Flat screen TV on the wall, Ipod docking station also available. One of the lamps even still had its factory tag attached to it.
The bathroom has a separate bath, and a rainfall shower cabin. The toilet with its octogonal shape my be nice look at (if toilets can be nice to look at) but it's not really comfortable to use. Azzaro amenities (and lots of them) for those who care. You can't open the windows (or close, unless you've got the right tool), we found the window to be open one day after coming back to the room. As the temperature outside was around 25C it was nice, I'm not so sure it would have been had the weather been cooler.

The lobby is grand, behind it is a bar and a restaurant, but we didn't venture in there. Breakfast was not included with my room, and they wanted around 40 EUR for it per person so we decided to skip it.

The location is great, right next door to St Michaels monastery, St Sophia is visible to the right, it's a short stroll from Independance Square, and it's just next to Andrew's Descent. There are lots of bars and restaurants if you walk down the hill towards Independence square.

As I said the staff is very nice, but it's also a bit over the top when there are always 3-4 employees standing around in the lobby doing nothing else than saying Hello, Welcome, How can I help you. A bit more discretion would be nice.

If the price is right I would go back there in a heartbeat, however with the current prices mentioned on the IHG website I'm not so sure about it (400 EUR++).

Some pics of the room :

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/S1037836.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/S1037837.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/S1037838.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/S1037839.jpg

View from the room :

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/S1037840.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...4/S1037841.jpg

Last edited by ms1664; Sep 14, 2009 at 4:46 am Reason: Forgot pic links

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.