Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
I received a confirmed upgrade in IC Hong Kong using my lowly ambassador and F&F no drama what so ever.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:52 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Last night I saw plenty of availability for rooms at The Willard, Washington DC on the friends/family rate. Today - nothing!

Do FTers have previous experiences where the rate came back a bit later? Or should I assume that once its gone, its gone!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Deleted .
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:55 pm

Looking for a link

Anyone have a working F& F link? None of the ones from the earlier posts work. Has this 'promo' been ended?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by allenaatan
Anyone have a working F& F link? None of the ones from the earlier posts work. Has this 'promo' been ended?
All the links are working properly!
Try to empty your cache and reload the pages.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by buck3y3nut
Works just fine...
What's the point in replying to that 2 days later??
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:05 am

Working but..

Okay i got it to work after resetting Safari. Might be a handy tip for Mac users.

Doesn't seem to have a rate for the Paris hotels though. IIRc, the rates are the same as Advance purchase. Looking for a good deal on the IC Paris.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: Ambassador, spg plat
Originally Posted by allenaatan
Okay i got it to work after resetting Safari. Might be a handy tip for Mac users.

Doesn't seem to have a rate for the Paris hotels though. IIRc, the rates are the same as Advance purchase. Looking for a good deal on the IC Paris.
Did you check the Virtuoso rate? Their club lounge is worth the extra $$, you wont be dissappointed !
Old Mar 18, 2011, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Can somebody please explain how to get these links to work consistently??

When using the link I get it to work for one search usually, then it doesn't work for 5 or 10 times, then it works again.
Sometimes it shows "Friends and Family" in the search box when using the lin,
but sometimes it shows "friends" only or "Best Available Rate", or something called "6CBARC". Sometimes it shows the rate as a friends and family rate, or it shows clearly "rate not available" in red. But more often it shows nothing but a list of all of the normal rates. Very, very frustrating.

The title of this thread says "Available at all Hotels", I am seeing it about 10% of the properties I have looked at so far.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
A couple of sample data points, when I actually got the link to work:
Phoenix, March 27: 26 of 26 hotels are unavailable at this rate.
Vienna. Austria, May 30: 2 of 3 hotes are unavailable.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:22 pm

So I'm traveling with my family to HK in April after touring China.

We have a group of 8 so I know I'll need 4 rooms.

I've read through most of the posts in this forum. Many things were redundant, however I wanted to clarify since I don't want to arrive in HK traveling with my entire family and grandparent and find out that the F&F will not apply. The standard rate and the F&F rate is quite a big difference.

My question is:
1) Has anyone been denied the F&F discount in HK Holiday Inn Golden Mile?
2) Are there any additional surcharges for that specific hotel after booking with the rate and tax either upon check-in or check-out
3) Lastly, I was informed that I may need to book one room at a time rather than 4 all at one time to generate 4 different confirmation numbers. Does that mean that I would need 4 vouchers and is it true that I need to book one room at a time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In proceeding with the F&F booking, my understanding is that I would have to log onto the link that is for F&F, then book, print out the certificate noting Steve Sickel's name, Destination Hotel, arrival date, # of nights and # of rooms and confirmation numbers.

Would I be questioned by the employee at the HK holiday inn as to Steve Sickel's position within the company?

Thanks again all!!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:17 am

Accidental I have booked the F&F rate at the HI Bali. After checking my account I have noticed that I've received points and a qualifying stay which was counting towards my RA status which is renewed right now.

I was wondering if others can report the same, did they change the system? As I'm planning a stay over eastern, it would be great to uses the F&F, save costs and renew the RA in the same way....
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Markus1301
Accidental I have booked the F&F rate at the HI Bali. After checking my account I have noticed that I've received points and a qualifying stay which was counting towards my RA status which is renewed right now.

I was wondering if others can report the same, did they change the system? As I'm planning a stay over eastern, it would be great to uses the F&F, save costs and renew the RA in the same way....
Ive used F&F rates 4 -5 times but never received any points or qualifying stays.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:47 am

I use the F+F rate constantly, never had a problem checking in and also was asked only once for he printout. I believe i received points only once or twice, usually no points.
Also never had a problem with any additional charges with that rate (other than for breakfast, internet etc). I did not notice any difference in charges.

Don't worry, just use the rate. This is my experience from 30 + stays using this rate.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Don't worry, just use the rate. This is my experience from 30 + stays using this rate.
You have nothing to worry about, I agree. But DO print the vouchers - I was asked for it once (although this was at a very obscure HIX where I was probably the first and last person to ever use one!). The receptionist said "the manager will want to see it because your rate is so low"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.