FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Warsaw Master Thread - after January 01, 2011 [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/921634-ic-warsaw-master-thread-after-january-01-2011-merged.html)

david-alexis Jan 13, 2011 7:17 pm

IC Warsaw Master Thread - after January 01, 2011 [merged]

I am staying at IC WAW next week, and this would be my first experience as a RA. I emailed the M and asked what room do I need to book in order to get the presidential suite (I didn't know at the time that RA upgrade are usually limited to junior or sennior/regular suite) to which he replied junior suite...Can't wait anyone has any information on the presidential suite? I will report back with picture if I have time.

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...l#post19659950

Thank you
FLYGVA

KristianT Jan 14, 2011 5:04 am

Originally Posted by david-alexis (Post 15654130)
anyone has any information on the presidential suite?

The presidential suite in IC Warsaw is very nice. Huge (hardly surprising). Large master bedroom and ditto bathroom (similar to the ones in the senior suites). Nice (albeit not very large) separate office (the only room I have come across with a good office chair), large sofa area (2 sofas and two armchairs as far as I remember) and dining area.

Enjoy :)

david-alexis Jan 14, 2011 7:28 am

I was also told there is a 10-12 person conference room.

KristianT Jan 16, 2011 6:53 am

Originally Posted by david-alexis (Post 15656788)
I was also told there is a 10-12 person conference room.

That would be the dining area. If you need a dedicated conference room, there is one available in the executive club.

El_Duderito Jul 10, 2011 2:29 pm

taxi rates

The website states 80 PLN for a ride between the IC and airport. In the last days I've done four trips and paid 55 (friday late night), 50 (sat morning), 35 (sat late afternoon) and 25 (sunday 4PM) PLN.
I was pretty happy about the prices and tipped well expecting 60+ PLN for every trip before I got there.

Buzzman Jul 10, 2011 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by El_Duderito (Post 16704169)
The website states 80 PLN for a ride between the IC and airport. In the last days I've done four trips and paid 55 (friday late night), 50 (sat morning), 35 (sat late afternoon) and 25 (sunday 4PM) PLN.
I was pretty happy about the prices and tipped well expecting 60+ PLN for every trip before I got there.

That is for the on-site (IC), non metered cabs which about 1/2 to a third more.. you can do much better using the radio cabs, metered on the street...

kaell Aug 16, 2011 11:02 am

if you book executive club suite, and will give nice tip to front desk stuff up front (50-100PLN) you will be upgraded to presidential suite approx 130 square meters. there is kitchen with dining room, large lounge area, small office, one bedroom with large bathroom,

Fanjet Aug 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by kaell (Post 16935481)
if you book executive club suite, and will give nice tip to front desk stuff up front (50-100PLN) you will be upgraded to presidential suite approx 130 square meters. there is kitchen with dining room, large lounge area, small office, one bedroom with large bathroom,

So you had to basically bribe them to get that??? :confused:

With the room type that you booked and you RA status, it doesn't seem too far-fetched that this would be the somewhat normal upgrade. How many room types are there at that hotel above a Executive Club Suite?

Lack Aug 17, 2011 2:14 am

Via their website, there's junior (15 + 3 club), senior (2) and one presidential suite (not counting residential). The biggest being 170 sqm.
There was one report here where the hotel said that booking a junior suite would give the RA an upgrade to presidential.

kaell Aug 18, 2011 6:35 am

They are more willing to upgrade from junior suite to presidential suite for regular customers, but the bribe = miracle:D

piotrzdebik Aug 19, 2011 5:51 am

I always get upgraded from regular junior suite to presidential suite if it is available. no need to bribe ;)
The upgrade policy at the hotel is:
A - one category upgarde
RA - two categories up or club lounge access (you can choose at the check in)

lecter Aug 23, 2011 1:56 am

Does anyone have recent experience staying here as a Plat member? I have yet to buy AMB, but might do so if worthwhile...I made a Reward booking and could choose between Standard and Deluxe, so chose Deluxe. What would be most likely to happen, will I get nothing, or an upgrade to something like a Deluxe Corner room? I know that Reward booking T&Cs state that I should expect nothing, just wondering if they will give an upgrade...

Cygne Aug 23, 2011 10:16 am

Intercontinental Warsaw

Better expect nothing .....

Lack Aug 23, 2011 10:51 am

Originally Posted by lecter (Post 16975990)
Does anyone have recent experience staying here as a Plat member? I have yet to buy AMB, but might do so if worthwhile...I made a Reward booking and could choose between Standard and Deluxe, so chose Deluxe. What would be most likely to happen, will I get nothing, or an upgrade to something like a Deluxe Corner room? I know that Reward booking T&Cs state that I should expect nothing, just wondering if they will give an upgrade...

One level above is Club on the booking engine. I'd email the hotel in advance asking whether signing up to Ambassador at checkin will grant you the upgrade.
Still, it's a points booking to technically they aren't obliged to any sort of upgrade.

lecter Aug 23, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks for the replies...I signed up for Ambassador using points today (reckon I would have had to pay for it if buying directly from them) and will see what happens...I recall reading that the IC Warsaw does honor Amb benefits even on Reward stays, so here's hoping...