Search

Ciudad Juarez Lincoln hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 5:55 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Ciudad Juarez Lincoln hotel

Been thinking about going down to Ciudad Juarez next weekend , was planning to stay in El Paso but there is an HI on the Mexican side for only $35/night. Any thoughts, advice, opinions, reviews etc... would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K; HH Diamond;
Stay in El Paso

Note the special concern about Cd. Juarez.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...a/pa_3028.html

Originally Posted by Black Adder
Been thinking about going down to Ciudad Juarez next weekend , was planning to stay in El Paso but there is an HI on the Mexican side for only $35/night. Any thoughts, advice, opinions, reviews etc... would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond ; Prority Club Platinum; Rapid Rewards A List; OnePass
Exclamation

There is a reason Cd Juarez is cheap.....its a war zone down there. I travel to ELP frequently, but will not cross into Juarez. (and I do cross into Matamoras & Reynosa....but Juarez, not happening.)

Thousands of murders last year, not looking better this year.

PC
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:56 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, Hertz 5*, WN CP A-List, US SP
Spend the extra cash and stay in the US!

1,607 murders in 2008 and I think for 2009 there have been over 200 already! Juarez is currently the most dangerous city in the World. Even going over for the day is a risk not worth taking.

My neighbor works in Juarez and has been banned from crossing the border by his company because of the random murders and kidnappings. He also told me a lady he works with was at a stoplight in Juarez when a Suburban in front of her would not move when the light turned green. So she just waited for awhile when the driver got out came to her window and threw some cash in her lap and told her that he lost a bet with his friend in the passenger seat. They had bet that the lady would honk and if she did the passenger in the Suburban was going to get out and blow her head off with the shotgun in his lap. She didn't and the driver lost the bet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.