Candlewood Suites Times Square
339 W 39th St,
New York, New York NY 10018, USA

Tel +1 212 967-2254

Link to hotel
www.ihg.com/candlewood/hotels/us/en/new-york/nyccw/hoteldetail
http://www.nyctimessquarehotel.com

Public transportaion
next subway station: 42th Street / Port Authority Bus Terminal, served by A Line, C Line, E Line

The hotel is not directly at Times Square
Print Wikipost

Candlewood Suites Times Square

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
If you absolutely don't need or want the hustle and bustle of the Times Square area, I just returned from the Holiday Inn in the financial district (Nassau Street). Not the prettiest area, lots of construction including World Trade Towers <!> and streets... but within less than 5 minutes walking distance to two subway stations which, between them, have about 8 or more routes available!! (easily taking you to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, etc.)

Walking distance not just to World Trade area but also South Seaport area (think that's what it's called...) Oh, and the shopping discount megastore called Century 21 lol

This hotel includes a fitness center, the restaurant is comfortable, and staff is helpful/friendly. Rooms are small-ish but nicely done.

My reservation was points and cash, or all points is only 15K. Great deal, ask for a corner room

Times Square was soooo crowded when we were there that, honestly, it was nice to get away from there lol
Old Apr 27, 2011, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Staybridge Suites isn't that far off from this and it has availability quite often when this Candlewood property does not -- and it's at a reasonable price too.
Originally Posted by Keyser
no availability there as well....
kept checking everyday for availability at the candlewood suites....finally something opened up yesterday & i grabbed it immediately....15k points per night in manhattan is a great deal....

Last edited by Keyser; Jun 19, 2011 at 10:43 pm
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just finished a great 3 night stay here on saturday....

as mentioned before, the property is in a good location, walking distance from anywhere you would want to be in the times square area....

was given a platinum gift when i arrived at the property....the gift bag contained a couple of bottles of water, a snack & come candies....also had a map of the area & some recommendations for restaurants....

there was a wheel on the front desk that all pc members spin during check-in to win prizes....i got 2k pc points....

the room was a corner room on the 29th floor....nice size for new york....free internet is another great perk here....

i would definitely return to this property in the future....45k points for a 3 night stay is a steal at a location like this in manhattan....
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
I've just returned from my second long stay here in the past 2 months, both times for 6 nights. First time I was given a mid-level room (14th floor), second time I requested a high floor and got the 23rd. As I have virtually no status, I'm happy with that.

Both times I've stayed in room 4 - this is the furthest room from the elevators, facing 39th Street. It's exceptionally quiet, no corridor noise and no elevator noise. Even the construction site opposite is inaudible with the window closed.

I've found the rooms perfect for my needs as a business traveller - the large desk and comfy chair are perfect for working, the closet and bathroom are OK sized, and the kitchen is a real godsend. The only thing I'd complain about is the choice of TV channels - no HBO, and not even the local staple, NY1.

First time I stayed, one elevator was out of action for 3 days and caused a few irritating waits. Second time, both worked fine and there were no problems. The cupboard reverted to the honour system by the time of my second visit - I disliked having to take purchases to reception, strangely I value being treated like a grown-up.

The laundry is worth a mention - modern, digital machines with lots of programs available, perfect when you have to wash a selection of work shirts, casual clothes and underwear. There are maybe 6 washers with dryers above, which seemed adequate.

Overall I like this place - it's got no frills, but it's clean, safe and friendly. I would happily stay here for leisure too, either on bargain points redemption or when the rates are down at the $200 mark. For those in the know, 9th Avenue is a great place at night above 42nd Street. You just have to brave the bums behind the PA terminal to get there. Worth the effort though.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thumbs up No in-room safes, but aside from that thumbs up

Recently spent one night at this hotel near Times Square and have no complaints and more good points than I have time to point out. Friendly, efficient staff, with easy check-in. Pleasant welcoming notes from both the General Manager and (hand written) from the guest relations manager. Room not at all huge, but certainly comfortable enough. Staff honored my request for a high floor and a room not near the elevator. The block it's on certainly isn't the most beautiful in NYC, but seems perfectly safe and is well located near Times Square and subway transportation. As Priority Club Platinum member, I had free and speedy wireless internet access.

There are six rooms per floor, three to each side of the elevator. It you want to decrease your chances of having noisy neighbors, ask that you not get a "middle" room in either side and even ask to have one furthest from the elevator (which in my three-room block was 03). But based on my brief experience, it did not seem that there were thin walls and I did not hear anything from the hallway or other rooms.

There are only two elevators, so I supposed that it's possible that occasionally you might have to wait for one to arrive, but I did not experience that.

The only significant downside is that the place does not have safes in its rooms, which is a feature I highly value. But you can store valuables downstairs near the desk if necessary.

All in all, a very good place that I'd probably stay in again...and would certainly do so if it had in-room safes.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:30 pm

Parking?

Just a question about parking....please forgive my ignorance, as I've never been to Times Square. Candlewood Suites has Valet Parking available at $55. Is there an option to park at the hotel on your own for free? If self-parking is available, is it underground parking, outside parking, or a lot somewhere nearby?

Definitely don't want to be driving during my 4 day stay, and just want to park the car somewhere safe and forget about it. Tnx.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Rforce1
Just a question about parking....please forgive my ignorance, as I've never been to Times Square. Candlewood Suites has Valet Parking available at $55. Is there an option to park at the hotel on your own for free? If self-parking is available, is it underground parking, outside parking, or a lot somewhere nearby?

Definitely don't want to be driving during my 4 day stay, and just want to park the car somewhere safe and forget about it. Tnx.
Their parking garage is a few blocks from the hotel.

There is no such thing as "free parking" in the Hell's Kitchen area of NYC for what you want to do, park and leave it. Parking, and driving, in NYC is difficult, at best.

Here's some parking garages listed on Yelp. Some are a little cheaper but don't expect cheap parking in New York. http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=park...anhattan%2C+NY
And some with coupons http://nyc.centralparking.com/Manhat...n-Parking.html

Last edited by CalItalian; Jan 19, 2013 at 1:15 am
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

stayed here last week for a night....still amazing value for 20k points a night....
Old Jan 21, 2013, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
stayed here last week for a night....still amazing value for 20k points a night....
Now 35K.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bearvest
Now 35K.
i know....the new increase sucks....
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
to the point redemption increases.

But, it was great while it lasted! Stayed here several times.... now I'll look for greener pastures, I guess.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Has anyone stayed here recently? A friend is deciding between this hotel and the Hampton Inn at Madison Square Garden. Both are about the same price.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:41 am

This hotel does not provide luggage storage before check in and after check out. Confirmed with the front desk manager. Luckily it's NYC so lots of paid storage options nearby. But I have never heard of hotels not allowing guests to storage bags for a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.