Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2008, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
Maybe they don't like children? We too got a nothing special room without club access when we stayed at Le Grand with a child last February.
I hope the service is not like this when I am there in Jan.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Would not a call to the concierge get the arrangements you require vis a vis gifts in the room, etc.

I suspect you got a very by-the-book res person. I cannot see how the hotel will be fully booked on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day such that they could not block off two adjoining rooms two weeks out. Then again, those of us on this side of the Atlantic know well the French reputation for obstinacy!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 9:48 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I had not found it in the past to be a particularly service-oriented establishment, but the concierge there recently managed to find me a ticket to a sold-out performance very quickly, and not even at a gargantuan premium.
Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
After having sent an email at the Grand Hotel's General Manager, I received a phone call from her, telling me that she is very sorry for what happened.

She asked me: is it a problem for you if you have no Opera view. I said: no, as I know that the hotel has some very nice suites on the rue Scribe...

As a result: a splendid 3 rooms Capucine suite on the 4th floor with balcony and Eiffel tower view, with tons of chocolate, macarons, soft drinks and fruits for my nephews, and a warm and smiling welcome by the manager.^^

My nephews are really spoilt and happy!!
This is the IC Paris I love
Old Dec 25, 2008, 5:16 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by nicolas75
After having sent an email at the Grand Hotel's General Manager, I received a phone call from her, telling me that she is very sorry for what happened.

She asked me: is it a problem for you if you have no Opera view. I said: no, as I know that the hotel has some very nice suites on the rue Scribe...

As a result: a splendid 3 rooms Capucine suite on the 4th floor with balcony and Eiffel tower view, with tons of chocolate, macarons, soft drinks and fruits for my nephews, and a warm and smiling welcome by the manager.^^

My nephews are really spoilt and happy!!
This is the IC Paris I love
nicolas75:
I'd appreciate the GM's direct email (you can Pm me if you prefer) if possible as I have a special request for an upcoming visit
thank you

Last edited by bello; Dec 25, 2008 at 5:25 pm Reason: correction
Old Dec 26, 2008, 6:06 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by bello
nicolas75:
I'd appreciate the GM's direct email (you can Pm me if you prefer) if possible as I have a special request for an upcoming visit
thank you
UPON REQUEST, I HAVE REMOVED ALL EMAIL ADDRESSES.

All email addresses that I have posted are publicly available on the InterContinental Paris website anyway...

It's on the hotels website...

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Dec 26, 2008 at 9:54 am
Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Hi,

I'm not sure you should publish someone's direct email address here - better perhaps to send this information in a PM?

Regards,
J
Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
DAL militants evacuated from Grand Hotel (source: Le Monde)

The police evacuated Friday, December 26th in late morning, dozens of activists of the association Right to Housing (DAL), who occupied the lobby of the Grand Hotel, Place de l'Opera in Paris. Fifty police officers and fifty gendarmes have taken on a complaint by the management. "The operation went smoothly as can attest pictures from the police," said the police after the operation.

DAL activists demanded an appointment at Matignon, said Jean-Baptiste Eyraud, spokesman for the association. "They are all at the hotel: Sarkozy and Fillon, and when they will be back from holidays, families are still in the street," he said. During the occupation, which lasted just under an hour, the demonstrators, including dozens of African and North African women, with children, occupied the central hall of the hotel chanting slogans. DAL seeks compliance with the commitments of the French government to relocate the three hundred and sixty-fourteen inadequately housed families who had participated in the camp rue de la Banque in 2007.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 8:48 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by Internaut
Hi,

I'm not sure you should publish someone's direct email address here - better perhaps to send this information in a PM?

Regards,
J
nicolas75:
thank you
my point exactly - nicolas75 PM'd me as requested
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Internaut
Hi,

Regards,
J
If it's on the website, I dont see any problem republishing it here. We did that before on several other threads on FT. I will remove them too.

I do think that this is quite ridicolous as a simple "google" will bring up the addresses. And like I said before, they are on the website... So anyone going to paris IC will see them...

Well, I remove it.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Dec 26, 2008 at 10:02 am
Old Dec 26, 2008, 9:58 am

my point exactly - nicolas75 PM'd me as requested
You're welcome.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Exclamation

The police evacuated Friday, December 26th in late morning, dozens of activists of the association Right to Housing (DAL), who occupied the lobby of the Grand Hotel, Place de l'Opera in Paris. Fifty police officers and fifty gendarmes have taken on a complaint by the management. "The operation went smoothly as can attest pictures from the police," said the police after the operation.

See what you did by posting that email address!!!??!!!

Old Jan 5, 2009, 7:39 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist

DAL activists demanded an appointment at Matignon, said Jean-Baptiste Eyraud, spokesman for the association. "They are all at the hotel: Sarkozy and Fillon, and when they will be back from holidays, families are still in the street," he said.During the occupation, which lasted just under an hour, the demonstrators, including dozens of African and North African women, with children, occupied the central hall of the hotel chanting slogans. DAL seeks compliance with the commitments of the French government to relocate the three hundred and sixty-fourteen inadequately housed families who had participated in the camp rue de la Banque in 2007.
I actually arrived in the middle of all this. It was LOUD. Reception staff did not seem particularly perturbed. Fortunately, I got whisked up to the Club floor and escaped the chaos quickly.

I thought Sarko had his own residence in town and didn't need a hotel?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rfrost
I actually arrived in the middle of all this. It was LOUD. Reception staff did not seem particularly perturbed. Fortunately, I got whisked up to the Club floor and escaped the chaos quickly.

I thought Sarko had his own residence in town and didn't need a hotel?
Well Mr Sarkozy does not live at IC Le Grand!
The activists of the association Right to Housing (DAL) just wanted to say that people are in holidays for Xmas (as some are at Le Grand), and when they will come back from holiday, they will have a home to sleep in (not as people who are looking desperately
for a home)
I am not quite sure that such action has any efficiency in solving the housing issue.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Well Mr Sarkozy does not live at IC Le Grand!
My understanding is he was at the Grand Palais that day. Maybe these people were confused with two places with similar names

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.