Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2008, 12:41 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by cs19

Guaranteed room availability for one room occupied by the Royal Ambassador with 24-hour advance reservation. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival for room availability to be guaranteed. Only in exceptional circumstances where the hotel has been completely reserved by the Government and with explicit Priority Club Rewards approval, may a reservation be declined.

Certainly different T&Cs. What are the odds that IC Paris has been "completely reserved by the Government"??

Exactly my point.

Take also that RAs have an upgrade guarantee, by booking early and then demanding the upgrade in accordance with entitlement you are flagging to the hotel early enough for them to keep all promises and to note the fact you are expecting them to.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver, PC Gold, Hertz 5*
IC Paris and Value of Ambassador

I'm contemplating a leisure trip to Paris for about a week in the first half of next year. I think I was able to get a pretty good mileage deal on flights, so now I'm looking at where to spend my PC points. I'm looking at a couple of the Paris hotels and trying to decide if the IC is worth the premium over the HIs. So, in order:

1. Is the IC worth the 15,000 points per night? I realize this is a personal value judgment, but I'm interested in the opinions of folks who have stayed there.

2. If I do stay at the IC, is it worth springing the $150 to upgrade to Ambassador before I go? (I don't believe I've ever stayed at an IC, so odds are it needs to be worth it for this trip)

3. I understand that in order to be upgraded to RA you have to be in the top 1% of customers. I received a card last summer that said I was, indeed, in the top 1%. Is there any chance I could leverage that into an immediate RA upgrade? (It seems to me that RA privileges would be worth $150 for a week's stay)

Thanks all!

- WT
Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:15 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by WebfootTransplant
I'm contemplating a leisure trip to Paris for about a week in the first half of next year. I think I was able to get a pretty good mileage deal on flights, so now I'm looking at where to spend my PC points. I'm looking at a couple of the Paris hotels and trying to decide if the IC is worth the premium over the HIs. So, in order:

1. Is the IC worth the 15,000 points per night? I realize this is a personal value judgment, but I'm interested in the opinions of folks who have stayed there.

2. If I do stay at the IC, is it worth springing the $150 to upgrade to Ambassador before I go? (I don't believe I've ever stayed at an IC, so odds are it needs to be worth it for this trip)

3. I understand that in order to be upgraded to RA you have to be in the top 1% of customers. I received a card last summer that said I was, indeed, in the top 1%. Is there any chance I could leverage that into an immediate RA upgrade? (It seems to me that RA privileges would be worth $150 for a week's stay)

Thanks all!

- WT
first of all how do you get IC for 15k?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by bello
first of all how do you get IC for 15k?
I believe the OP was referring to the difference between HI/CPs at 25K per night and the IC at 40K per night.

You should sign up for Ambassador and spring for the $150. They may consider your stay record, though for RA you generally must have stayed at three different ICs in addition to your HI and CP stays. Also, technically, Ambassador/RA benefits are not applied to award stays.

However, you might want to consider a paid night (Friday or Saturday) followed by the free night you'd get with the Ambassador BOGO certificate, then a night or two as an award. That way you'd get your Ambassador upgrade and benefits and they would not move you for the final award nights.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Paris is arguably the best IC there is. So, yes, easily.

Ambassador will get you a 1-level room upgrade. The basic rooms in Paris are UNBELIEVABLY small so the upgrade is worth having. Remember, you Amb kit also includes the Free Weekend Night voucher (so you won't pay for one night of your stay) and 5000 PC points. You also get a free pay TV film each trip. It is therefore a no-brainer.

If you going to Paris for a week, then think about buying an RA referral certificate on ebay for about $500. The IC Paris should upgrade you to a Junior Suite at worst - if you book anything higher than a Classic originally - and you also get free Club access and the free mini-bar. The Club at IC Paris is easily the best IC Club floor anywhere and actually my favourite Club floor of any hotel full stop.

You will NOT get upgraded to RA automatically unless a) you are already Ambassador, b) you have done 60 nights a year at PC properties and c) you've stayed in at least 3 different IC's. You will fail on c)

It is also worth mentioning that the location of the IC is pretty much perfect for tourists.

Last edited by Raffles; Nov 24, 2008 at 2:24 am Reason: Response to comment below
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:12 am

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by Raffles
The IC Paris will upgrade you to a Junior Suite at worst
They can upgrade you to an Executive room as well.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paulmoscow
They can upgrade you to an Executive room as well.
They often will if you book a Classic room, although the Exec Rooms I've had are basically the size of Junior Suites at some properties.

If you book anything higher, my experience is that you get a JS.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:34 am

In fact, since almost all rooms at Le Grand are different, they have some very good executive rooms with a huge bathroom.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by Shareholder
However, you might want to consider a paid night (Friday or Saturday) followed by the free night you'd get with the Ambassador BOGO certificate, then a night or two as an award. That way you'd get your Ambassador upgrade and benefits and they would not move you for the final award nights.
Do you think this would work for a shorter stay as well? I have a 3 night stay coming up there, and am thinking about booking a Jr. Suite for the first night and using points for the second two - just on the hope that they wouldn't move me to a smaller room for the remaining two nights... Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?
Old Nov 24, 2008, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stratofortress
Do you think this would work for a shorter stay as well? I have a 3 night stay coming up there, and am thinking about booking a Jr. Suite for the first night and using points for the second two - just on the hope that they wouldn't move me to a smaller room for the remaining two nights... Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?
In general this works OK. I would put a note in the first paid booking asking them to link it with the reward booking - this way the JS should be blocked out for you for 3 nights before you turn up. If they don't realise until check-in you have 2 bookings it could be trickier (tho' still doable) if they are busy on the following nights.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 10:48 am

IC Le Grand Paris + Ambassador Club (Upgrade)

Hi all,

I saw a current thread regarding this property, but did not want to hijack that thread.

I'm an Ambassador member (paid the $150 last year), but already used the free weekend night voucher this past summer. I'm looking at the Le Grand in Paris for an upcoming trip, and I have a couple of questions before booking:

1. If I book an Executive Room, what sort of upgrade can I expect? It seems that the next level would be a Junior Suite, or perhaps even a Junior Suite with Opera View? What are my chances.

2. From what I understand, with Ambassador status, I, along with my guest, should get access to the Club level (free breakfast, etc..) as well as the free mini bar; is that correct?

I've seen differing info on this board regarding Le Grand, so I wanted to get some clarity if possible. Thanks much for any info that you can provide.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:10 am

1. You should get exactly one level upgrade or probably two levels if they will be sold out.
2. All perks you mentioned are for RAs only.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:46 am

Thanks for the info. Since I'm not an RA, the Le Grand now becomes less attractive. I may just call them up and ask what kind of upgrade is expected from Executive Room.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by loko12345
Hi all,

I saw a current thread regarding this property, but did not want to hijack that thread.

I'm an Ambassador member (paid the $150 last year), but already used the free weekend night voucher this past summer. I'm looking at the Le Grand in Paris for an upcoming trip, and I have a couple of questions before booking:

1. If I book an Executive Room, what sort of upgrade can I expect? It seems that the next level would be a Junior Suite, or perhaps even a Junior Suite with Opera View? What are my chances.

2. From what I understand, with Ambassador status, I, along with my guest, should get access to the Club level (free breakfast, etc..) as well as the free mini bar; is that correct?

I've seen differing info on this board regarding Le Grand, so I wanted to get some clarity if possible. Thanks much for any info that you can provide.
1. You can expect a one level upgrade to a Junior Suite, although this is not necessarily guaranteed because you have an executive type room already. But, yes, you will in practice get an upgrade -maybe even an opera view, it depends on what they have available.
2. You won't get free minibar afaik, or club access unless you are a ROYAL Ambassador. Club Access is not guaranteed even for Royal Ambassadors, although the IC Le Grand is one property where they do, more often than not, grant, inter alia, lounge access, which is above the 'published' benefits.

I think the IC Le Grand is a lovely property & Paris is a beautiful city, I'm sure you'll get looked after as an Ambassador there.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's a stonking property. If you need another weekend night certificate, sign-up for another Ambassador membership at a different address. $150 is a lot cheaper than 1 night at LeG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.