Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Damn! My worst prediction.
Well, that's it I guess. What's the best starwood hotel
in Paris?
I think that is the Westin on the corner Tuileries/Rue de Rivoli. Interestingly until three years ago better known as the Intercontinental Paris ;-)
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The Hyatt is probably your best bet, but I prefer the IC. I will probably stick with it until my RA expires in October as I do like sitting in bed - in my large upgraded room - with the mini-bar champagne watching my free pay TV movie. I'll then reassess as there are absolutely no shortage of decent properties - and nearer to our office - than the IC.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Does someone with access to the Ambassador Private Community want to start a thread on this? I've already started one ranting thread this week .....!

For a company that yesterday announced a shocking 12% drop in REVPAR they are behaving rather oddly towards their best customers.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 7:34 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Kvet01
I think that is the Westin on the corner Tuileries/Rue de Rivoli. Interestingly until three years ago better known as the Intercontinental Paris ;-)

I'm not so sure about that; I think I've seen reports of rodents (and we're not talking gate lice) there on the *wood forum. I would think the Prince de Galles is probably their best. (I haven't stayed at either, though, as I usually stay at the Park Hyatt.)
Old Feb 18, 2009, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Checked into the IC Singapore today. Their new RA standard benefit is either room upgrade or Club Intercontinental benefits. Personally, I think I'd take the Club benefits for the lounge, breakfast and free internet in general

Dave
That is decent, I would have hoped they would upgrade to exec room with club or suite with out club.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by SethLevy
You got lucky, olicy has changed. I stayed last week and was informed on a paid stay, no club access as RA, they offered me a discounted rate of Euro 90. I declined, stayed onen night and went to the PH Paris where as a Diamond, I get free breakfast. I was also informed, after I asked, if there had been a change in mini bar or other policies, they informed me no free mini bar on award or the free BOGO night. They informed me this was to make sure their policy met coroprate policy.
Apparently I was "grandfathered in" as a returning guest and this being a transitional weekend. When I checked out Monday morning, I was just charged for my first night of the BOGO and unless my credit card gets a late charge, was not charged for minibar on the second night, nor the breakfast (that was included in my Weekend rate), nor the movie, etc.

I was told be the receptionist at the lounge that indeed the Euro90 per person charge would be in effect, but I was not charged it and do have a welcome letter offering me the free Club lounge access. I did not push the matter and was not charged any of these additional things at the main desk downstairs when I checked out.

I will not weigh in about this change, though remind everyone that even though the member comment on the new IC website talks about Club access, we all know it is not an RA benefit but certain properties elect to offer it. My next visit to a property that used to offer this benefit will be in April at the IC Buenos Aires. Shall see how thay've changed.

The old IC is indeed now the Westin -- across from the Tuillaries/Louvre -- an the Park Hyatt is a bit further up the Vendome square from it and the Ritz...as I discovered walking back to the IC the other day. Still has IC logos in the sidewalk. Stayed there many, many years ago!

I am not sure the PH is much of a bargain against the IC using a BOGO even without benefits. My whole weekend cost me Euro319, including two Euro38 breakfasts at the Cafe de la Paix. Guess I was lucky...though I won't push it until I see my next Amex bill to ensure there are no "late charges" from the IC!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 10:51 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Shareholder
the Euro90 per person charge
Per person or per room ?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:29 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Their new RA standard benefit is either room upgrade or Club Intercontinental benefits.
Does this mean you get upgraded to a suite if you pay for a club room? If not, what is the minimum booking required to obtain a suite with club benefits?
Old Feb 18, 2009, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Does this mean you get upgraded to a suite if you pay for a club room? If not, what is the minimum booking required to obtain a suite with club benefits?
I didn't go into a long discussion over it, but it would seem that if you would need to book a room category which includes Club Access and then you would still have it, otherwise the choices are

2 category room upgrade ,
lounge access or
2 category room upgrade plus pay SGD80 to get the Club Intercontinental benefits

Doesn't seem that unreasonable a policy given that the Club benefits include breakfast, lounge access and internet ( which is SGD35 on its own )

Dave
Old Feb 18, 2009, 3:38 pm

Programs: All of the above
Shareholder....I am now able to see my IC Bills on line after a stay. Just click on view my bill.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 4:04 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Per person or per room ?
The normal supplement is 120EUR per room... so I believe SH meant to say per room
Old Feb 18, 2009, 9:43 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by flylinda
Shareholder....I am now able to see my IC Bills on line after a stay. Just click on view my bill.
takes 5 days or so
Old Feb 19, 2009, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by flylinda
How do I get to this from the PC webpage after I log in?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:28 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Benny8444
That is decent, I would have hoped they would upgrade to exec room with club or suite with out club.
We have an upgrade to Shophouse Suite, (IC SIN) lounge access, and managed to get the Limo transfer charge reduced to what was in the e-mail.

By the way ...... for special occaisons even at full price the Limo transfer service is worthwhile if you want to splurge. Met at the aircarft door by a lady with a buggy. She radios the luggage details and takes us the the "private terminal" which seems about 10 minutes away. A real quiet oasis where you're given drinks. Whisked off in a limo with VVIP all over it and the first time I saw my luggage since LHR was in the suite. Nice touch for a special occaion - except the poor girl had to try and heave all the other pax out who thought they could hijack it for a lift ...........
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was given a shophouse suite last night , but within a few minutes managed to get it downgraded back to a junior suite. I did not like the shophouse at all... far too much noise coming from the shops just a few feet away

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.