Search

Crowne Plaza (LAX)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer; Hyatt Gold Passport; JAL mileage
Crowne Plaza (LAX)

HI,

Won a bid at Crowne Plaza LAX for US$ 55/night, was expected a Courtyard Mariott.

Any reviews of the hotel and is it convenient to any shopping mall, public transport?

cheers,
Old Oct 10, 2008, 10:29 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Congratulations!

I'm going to move this from the Los Angeles forum to the appropriate hotel forum where you'll get the best answers.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:26 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by shaunlim
HI,

Won a bid at Crowne Plaza LAX for US$ 55/night, was expected a Courtyard Mariott.

Any reviews of the hotel and is it convenient to any shopping mall, public transport?

cheers,
I stayed there once for an overnight between flights in October 2007.

Free shuttle bus to the airport (less than 10 minutes) and a convenience store just down the street (5 minutes walking). Nothing else around that I would remember.

We got upgraded to the Club level with Club access (Platinum) which included breakfast, but since we had to leave at 5 am we couldn't take advantage of it. The room was rather normal.

HTB.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:01 am

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
No shopping mall.

If you want public transport, try this.

Free hotel shuttle to LAX, free LAX shuttle to Aviation Green Line Metro station. Five bucks (IIRC) for all day Metro pass.

Done it many times.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Also a bus shuttle service to Manhattan Beach (ocean, shops, restaurants) sponsored by MB businesses. Used to be free, they now charge a couple of $$. (Times is 'ard.)

They call it a trolley or tram, but it's a bus.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: PC Plat, BMI, BA
Dirty rooms, crap service, no upgrades, over priced rooms, dirty small cold pool. Sums the place up.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:44 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by uklad79
Dirty rooms, crap service, no upgrades, over priced rooms, dirty small cold pool. Sums the place up.
Sounds like you loved it!
Old Oct 12, 2008, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Not far from 100% accurate.

At $55 you'll get your moneys worth.

Try staying at the HI up the road, you'll think this is the Taj Mahal.

Shuttle is fine, very close to entrance to LAX is the positive.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It may sum up an opinion, but not everyone's opinion.

I have stayed there and found it a pretty decent hotel and v conveniant for an overnight stop in LA

Dave
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:22 pm

Programs: IHG RA, DL Dia, Hertz 5Star
It could be worse. You could have gotten CP Beverly Hills.
I never knew crap could be so pretentious until staying there one night.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by land31411
It could be worse. You could have gotten CP Beverly Hills.
I never knew crap could be so pretentious until staying there one night.

Pretentious yes, but killer location.

Not only are you next to the most glamourous shopping in America, you are walking distance to Nathans Hotdogs!

Ah the tradeoffs we make.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: IHG RA, DL Dia, Hertz 5Star
Originally Posted by Thumper
Pretentious yes, but killer location.

Not only are you next to the most glamourous shopping in America, you are walking distance to Nathans Hotdogs!

Ah the tradeoffs we make.
I prefer to get my Nate's when in NYC (or a Sabrett from a sidewalk cart ... bus and taxi exhaust adds to the experience)
Old Oct 13, 2008, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by land31411
I prefer to get my Nate's when in NYC (or a Sabrett from a sidewalk cart ... bus and taxi exhaust adds to the experience)
The Nathans on Pico is Glatt Kosher.

Unlike it's NY namesake.

And neither Sabretts nor the one who claims to "answer to a higher authority" are.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:00 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold
We stayed at CP LAX on saturday night.

Decided to eat in the restaurant .

Big mistake! At 8pm the salad bar was either old, or empty platters not replenished.
The soup was cold and just dregs.
And the dessert bar had scrappy bits of ickay cakes and a few cookies all replated on to 1 platter.

When I asked for the bill, it took 15 mins to arrive, then waited another 30 mins for the server to return with a pen. He never did, so we walked to the podium where they seat you, noone there either.

With bill in hand , we ordered a coffee from Starbucks, and I was going to wander up to the front desk , give them the bill and voice my concerns, when the server appeared running thinking I was trying to skip my bill.

I just looked at him in disgust and asked for a pen, he glanced down and became aware I did not tip him so I got a return look of disgust.

The next morning when we checked out the front desk was mega busy and the shuttle was waiting, so I guess I am going to email them now
Old Aug 20, 2010, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down How things stay the same...

Supposedly undergoing renovation starting September !! My first room had some soiled panties in the dresser drawer and was very natty...my second room is a bit better though it smells stale. There was a little bottle of air freshener on the bed and earplugs in a hotel bag with a ribbon. The windows are the worst part and let in 80% of the airport and Century BLVD sounds(note earplugs). Rather sad that the people in headquarters think this is a 4* hotel. The Sheraton/Westin/Marriott are all better for about the same price!

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Aug 22, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.