Report on CP Beirut

Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Report on CP Beirut

Sat in the club lounge- asked and got free access with platinum PC.

In Club room- fee PC x2 with web, fax, copier.
Given ramadan-basic cookies but told otherwise brekkie and something in the eves.

Rate- was on BOGOF- so circa 65USD a nite incl bfast- fantastic relative to other hotels- that money gets you a basic 2 star. The rate was pulled shortly after I booked!!

Rooms- average to nice- not huge but fine none the less. 40+ channels- a fair few in english amongst others. Nice bed- was turned down when I got to hotel at 4am.

Bathroom- a little petite- but the usual goodies and a Bidet (SPELLING?)

Facilites? 20th floor- jacuzzi and sauna- but was unmanned- no towels to be found and no guests there- great for u and a mate I reckon.

Pool on 21st- but surrounded by food??? Avoided it.

Overall- nice location on the main road (hamra), no problem with noise- on 15th floor- gr8 view over beirut and the sea a little way off.

Would def stay again so long as BOGOF- cheap as well as points slut!!
Old Sep 11, 2008, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The InterContinental Le Vendôme is one of the best IC hotels around. Sad that you didn't have a chance to check it out.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Did you stay in Beyrouth for business or leisure?

I would like very much to discover the region, but I wonder if it is a nonsense for security reasons, and if it is worth to visit.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Pure leisure! The flite wasnt cheap 440 pounds indirect with alitalia rather than 550-600 direct- only came here as could get hotel deal.

Beirut is typically sunny/hot.
Great cafe across from CP- great schwarma for 2 USD

Grabbing mate and a hire car at the airport 2nite- driving south 2moro.

Hamra is west beirut, the downtown or CBD is being rebuilt after the recent war. I walked along the corniche and past the 2 ICs- but with the BOGOF at the CP it won hands down.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 1:58 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Enjoy your stay in Lebanon drdanielmacdonald
Old Sep 12, 2008, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by drdanielmacdonald
Pure leisure! The flite wasnt cheap 440 pounds indirect with alitalia rather than 550-600 direct- only came here as could get hotel deal.
You shelled out Ł440 + time because you could save USD65 a night on hotel rates?

Still you chose a GREAT place to do it in^.

A few months back you could have done it in even greater style - the Phoenicia and Vendome have both had terrific deals on offer.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We are planning a one day trip to either Beirut or Amman, any suggestions? Is it really worth it to visit Beirut or is it too risky?
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:55 am

Come on over. PM me with any questions you might have.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
Come on over. PM me with any questions you might have.
Is it safe??? And BEYflyer can you recommend an agent for a flight from CAI top BEY Leaving Jun 29th AM and returning to CAI Jun 30 AM? The fares online seem to be pretty high for a 1 hour flight.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Feb 3, 2009 at 9:27 am
Old Feb 5, 2009, 1:25 am

It is safe at the moment and I don't see the situation getting any worse anytime soon. As for the airfare, well, there is no Saturday overnight, you are staying in Beirut for 24 hours and you are traveling during the peak season (Beirut is a very popular destination during the summer), so I am not sure you can get anything cheaper than what you are seeing online.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
I'll be in BEY next week.
3 nights (free!) at IC Le Vendome, then need to pay for one night (or use points). Rates at CP are reasonable, about US$125 for standard room, $143 superior, and $160 Club.
The OP seems to say that he asked for Club Lounge access as a Plat? Anyone can confirm this, or do you think it's a one-time thing? With a few exceptions, I have generally found Plat to mean very little, but you never know.
Early flight (06:00) so no breakfast necessary, but might be fun to have a drink the night before.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: LH SEN
(I know this is an oldish thread, but it's the right place)

Stayed in the CP in Hamra, Beirut this week. Pretty nice. Been 9 years since I was last there, and some changes are evident, many other things are the same. First time at the CP, having stayed previously in other hotels in the area.

Booked a "Standard Room" with breakfast - Expensive at $200+, but it was booked at 10 days out. Checked the reservation online on the arrival date, and it had changed to a "King Club Room Smoking".

Smoking is a big thing in the region, and I was very cautious on checkin as to how smelly the room would be. Very surpised that it was a smoking room, on the Club floor, and it was very acceptable.

I booked a hotel car to collect me from the airport by calling the hotel. Driver was waiting for me. He was from a taxi firm that appears to be related to the hotel, or based there. It was $10 cheaper than I was expecting, and I was happy to leave a tip.

As Plat I was given the upgrade to the Club floor with access to the club lounge. Internet on the Club floor was also free - a Wireless Router in the lounge providing the connection. It was quick enough for some Skype calls.

The gentleman looking after the lounge was very welcoming, and friendly. It was really nice to sit there for a while and enjoy the local beer - wirth trying.

Two mornings I had breakfast in the main restaurant (included in my rate) and one morning in the Club lounge. All very nice.

Service overall was friendly and welcoming. I'd say things are quiet in the tourism business at the moment, so the hotel was quiet.

Hamra is a great location, with many shops and places to eat close by. It's also not too far to walk down to the seafront.

I'll definitly go back if I'm back in Hamra - hopefully I can book ahead and get a better rate.

Will post a photo over on the "view from my hotel room" thread.

Aidan

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.