Wiki Posts
Search

CP Singapore Changi Airport Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The CP is very nice but soundproofing could be better! To be honest, 3 days would be like being in The Terminal film! Lovely pool to pass the time though!
Old May 23, 2009, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not even 1 minute! It could even be quicker to get to the Coffee Bean than the hotel restaurant depending on which room you're in! FWIW, I was at the Pen in Tokyo last week and I refused to have breakfast there and went to Starbucks instead, because it was ludicrously expensive and I don't eat much for brekky.

Of course, if you want to demolish a buffet for a flat fee then the hotel is the better choice!
Old May 23, 2009, 7:16 am
-DSH-

Programs: BDDC Gold, MR Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
The CP is very nice but soundproofing could be better!
The CP does get very good reviews over at TA, indeed. Some complain about the soundproofing - some don't, guess it depends on the view of the room (ie airport or non-airport ciew)

To be honest, 3 days would be like being in The Terminal film! Lovely pool to pass the time though!
. Well, it does let me try the new CX F product, so the extra $ for hotels might very well be worth it .
Old May 23, 2009, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you already have enough nights in Singapore, rather than sitting in a hotel room for 3 days, have you considered popping to another local country for a couple of days

The CP at SIN is, imo, quite nice , but not somewhere to hang out for 3 days

Dave
Old May 23, 2009, 2:08 pm

Programs: BD*G, Priorityclub Platinum Royal Ambassador
How about a couple of nights at the IC for relaxation, then if you have some work to do, transfer to the CP for the last night so you can work and be near the airport for your flight the following day.

Both nice hotels IMHO, however the CP is an airport hotel - albeit a very nice one. Enjoy whatever your choice
Old May 24, 2009, 2:48 am
-DSH-

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you already have enough nights in Singapore, rather than sitting in a hotel room for 3 days, have you considered popping to another local country for a couple of days
I have, but as I said, as the award is a one-way, I can't book a stopover.

The CP at SIN is, imo, quite nice , but not somewhere to hang out for 3 days
Hmm, might want to book the IC, then?

Originally Posted by Cr4zyfish
How about a couple of nights at the IC for relaxation, then if you have some work to do, transfer to the CP for the last night so you can work and be near the airport for your flight the following day.
After my three night stay, I move to the Conrad. After my stay at the Conrad I have my flights. Did you read my post ?

Both nice hotels IMHO, however the CP is an airport hotel - albeit a very nice one. Enjoy whatever your choice
Thanks.
Old May 24, 2009, 3:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by -DSH-
I have, but as I said, as the award is a one-way, I can't book a stopover.
I actually meant to just book a cheap r/t flight from SIN to somewhere else that you might like to visit

Dave
Old May 24, 2009, 4:27 am
-DSH-

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I actually meant to just book a cheap r/t flight from SIN to somewhere else that you might like to visit

Dave
Ah, I see. I guess I could hop over to Kuala Lumpur or something. Good idea.
Old May 24, 2009, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
That would be my suggestion. Hotel rates are pretty good there, much cheaper than Singapore for 4/5 star properties in the heart of the city, so that would pretty much pay for your air fare. You can take the HST into the city from the airport, then a $5 cab ride to CP. Or just stay at the Hilton over the station and monorail/subway to various locations around town. While the CP SIN is nice, I agree you'd go crazy after the first day.
Old May 24, 2009, 4:59 am

After my three night stay, I move to the Conrad. After my stay at the Conrad I have my flights. Did you read my post ?
Doh sorry, blonde moment
Old May 24, 2009, 5:00 am

Jungle Train

My partner and I had a week in Sin last autumn - we took the 'Jungle Train' from Sin to KL for an overnight stop - it was a bit of an adventure but great fun
Old May 24, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
well it is not CX F but you can hop over to KL on TR (Tiger Airways - Low Cost Carrier linked to SQ) for 0 dollars fare and only pay for tax & luggage fee. You could do a RT for 60-70SGD (35 Euro). Then in KL you take a cab to the city center ((less than 20 Euro one way) and can stay at the CP KUL. Prices are quite reasonable there and the same or even cheaper than the 90 Euro at the CP Changi. Great location in Bukit Bintang and walking distance to Petronas Twin Towers. Nice trip overall.
Old May 24, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Yeah bunch of nice, cheap 5* hotels in kuala lumpur, like Mandarin oriental, Ritz Carlton.

Other suggestions:

1) You can also try to stay couple of days at Sentosa to relax and will not get bored. Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa hotel is pretty nice and there are couple more:

http://www.sentosa.com.sg/hotels_spas/index.html

2) Go to Bintan in Indonesia: Quite a lot of nice resorts in Bintan and it is not far from SIN. Take a 55 minutes high speed ferry from Singapore's Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Bintan Lagoon Resort is pretty nice. It overlooks the South China Sea and archipelago of the Riau islands.

3) Toiman Island at south-east coast of Malaysia or Redang (north-east coast). Take a 40 minutes flight from Singapore (Seletar Airport) by Berjaya Air to Toiman or 1 1/2 hrs to Redang. Berjaya Air has special hotel+air packages to Toiman or Redang. Here is the official website for Berjaya Air.

Whatever you do, just don't get stuck at airport hotel, no matter how nice it is. You don't want to hear planes taking off and landing every couple minutes.
Old May 24, 2009, 5:46 am
-DSH-

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I found an amazing fare on MH (45EUR r/t KUL-SIN), so I won't even need to travel on LCC (and thus will be stuck at the KUL LCC, and have a pretty tight connection when travelling on LCC as Air Asia & JetStar).

Bintan in Indonesia sounds pretty good too, will look into that when my midterms are over .
Old May 24, 2009, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in Bintan last weekend at the Banyan Tree. The location was a lot nicer than I was expecting (very warm swimming water as well, decent beach, not rocky) but the resorts are past their prime. The new Capella on Sentosa is probably excellent (no beach though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.