Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Singapore Changi Airport Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:16 am

Programs: AS Emerald; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum
Upgrade?

We made an award stay here on Christmas Eve, husband is platinum. No upgrade offered (even after request - had to pay for it, to obtain access to Lounge) did get the snack and handwritten letter on the desk and 2 free bottles of water.
One thing nobody else seems to have mentioned - all the corridors are exposed to the elements, although sheltered in some places, when it's pouring and blowing, like it was during our stay, the floor gets VERY slick with all the water on the tiles - a bit of a hazard (especially at night)
Old Dec 27, 2008, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Gold
Originally Posted by lhiltz
We made an award stay here on Christmas Eve, husband is platinum. No upgrade offered (even after request - had to pay for it, to obtain access to Lounge) did get the snack and handwritten letter on the desk and 2 free bottles of water.
One thing nobody else seems to have mentioned - all the corridors are exposed to the elements, although sheltered in some places, when it's pouring and blowing, like it was during our stay, the floor gets VERY slick with all the water on the tiles - a bit of a hazard (especially at night)
Indeed. Although I like the hotel (a lot actually), the open plan style was a bizarre choice at an airport. Hardly ideal for noise shielding at what is a noisy location. Far more noise comes in through the door than via the window. This would not happen to the same degree in a corridor hotel.

The staff are very friendly though - great option for a short stop-over.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
I must say that although I stay there a lot, there are a few things about the hotel which I don't like.

1. The lack of an upgrade to Platinum
2. The open corridor as mentioned above. The massive storms that hit SIN most days make it treacherous to get to your room.
3. The windows in the bathroom which you cannot block out the light from coming in.

The rooms are great, the service is great but whoever designed the actual hotel has never stayed in a hotel!!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 11:36 am

Programs: AS Emerald; UA 1MM; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum
A couple of other things about the room...and in many cases I do believe that Jages is correct, most hotel rooms are designed by people who do not stay in them!
Plusses at this Crown Plaza are:
It actually has enough space on the bench (under the TV) for 2 people to put suitcases - in the large majority of rooms there is only ever enough space for one person to put their suitcase, the other has to go on the floor or a desk.
It also has 2 soft chairs, plus the chair for the desk - it never ceases to amaze me that a lot of hotel rooms have just one easy chair - (hey management - often 2 people stay in a room and both would like a chair!)
All be it that these chairs actually look more comfortable than they really are.
Lighting is my other pet peeve in hotels - This hotel was pretty good, but you did have to juggle the chairs a bit to get under the spotlights but the light was excellent once you were positioned correctly.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: # Neodymium #
I'm at the CP Changi at the moment.

I would echo most of the above. I really like the hotel - styling is modern, but simple. The 'open plan' corridors gives the hotel a lovely airy open feeling, but it's not raining today!
Service is excellent, and (standard) room size is very good.

However, no recognition of plat status whatsoever. No upgrade or club, despite asking. Not even a high floor or runway view. No water/fruit/note in room.

A real shame... you can see into the club lounge, and it was completely empty.

Breakfast in the main 2nd floor restaurant was quite good though. They have two varieties of porridge!!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
During one of my 3 stays here in November, I actually filled out one of those comment cards and dropped it off. Amazingly enough I received an e-mail from the manager thanking me for my comments. I asked him about the lack of upgrades even though I was a Platinum member. He said they were busy during the time I stayed and had no availability. I mentioned I stayed on 3 separate occasions in November and not once was I recognized as a Platinum member or offered an upgrade. He responded that the next time I stay at the property they will offer me an upgrade, as he will make a note in the system. We shall see...
Old Jan 10, 2009, 5:34 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy
During one of my 3 stays here in November, I actually filled out one of those comment cards and dropped it off. Amazingly enough I received an e-mail from the manager thanking me for my comments. I asked him about the lack of upgrades even though I was a Platinum member. He said they were busy during the time I stayed and had no availability. I mentioned I stayed on 3 separate occasions in November and not once was I recognized as a Platinum member or offered an upgrade. He responded that the next time I stay at the property they will offer me an upgrade, as he will make a note in the system. We shall see...
Does this mean, you have to stay a least 3 times and you have to complain every time after your stay, so that on the 4th stay they will honour a platinum upgrade
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
That's one way to perceive it

Honestly, I think they lack a system for dealing with elite members. Either that or none of the staff is trained properly. I bet if more Platinum members voice their concern to management, things will improve.

Regardless, the property is nice and even the standard rooms are pretty neat ^
Old Jan 14, 2009, 8:55 pm

Not bad

I have just recently stayed there and here's my TripAdvisor report http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...Singapore.html
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:50 pm

Thanks all for being so helpful. Mission accomplished. ^
Old Jan 17, 2009, 3:02 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
I've just checked into the CP Changi, and was given the normal room. When I questioned why the hotel never gives any upgrades, and this was a regular discussion issue on this forum, they suddenly found a suite for me.

I was told they only have 27 suites, and there are normally 35 VIPs per night, which is the reason that I haven't been upgraded before. This was not a very convincing story.

So after about 12 stays since they opened, I have finally been upgraded only after asking why they never offer it.

I will follow this up with the GM to see if I can get upgraded more often. I would probably stay more nights here if I was upgraded more often, instead of staying at the IC where I am guaranteed an upgraded as RA.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 3:26 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Two days ago I checked in at the CP Changi at night. This is the first time, I stayed at the hotel.

I got without asking the room 513, which is a big suite. I booked a standard room.

I should really be lucky about this ......
Old Jan 17, 2009, 9:02 am

You are definitely lucky ^

Maybe enough Platinum members are voicing concern?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 3:46 pm

I will be staying at this hotel starting march 2009 for about 6-7 times this year while on transit.

Do you think I will get an upgrade as a Plat Amb ( I always get an upgrade in my 30+ stays last year in several IC/CP/HI except a suite save for a stay in Holiday Inn Macau).

I wont mind asking them when i book online.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
Stayed there for one night on award stay. Got upgraded to a very nice suite with a huge living room. Room service is a bit slow, and you have to pay extra 8 sgd! for espresso at the breakfast buffet Hotel is part of the terminal 3 and all other terminals are accessible within 2 minutes monorail ride. Theres huge choic eof restaurants at the airport with a "city price policy". you can get a whole meal from 3 SGD Mrt to the City takes 30 min and costs around 2 SGD. There's also a really nice pool in the hotel^

Try booking through Friends and family rate. it should be around 120 SGD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.