Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I have 3,150 Priority Club Rewards Points - anyway to trade them?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American, Delta, Continental, United, US Air, JetBlue, Hilton, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott
Red face I have 3,150 Priority Club Rewards Points - anyway to trade them?

I have 3,150 Priority Club Rewards Points - anyway to trade them?

I don't stay at those properties unless my regulars (Hilton or Starwood) are booked.

I went on the Priority Club Rewards website but you really need at least 5,000 to get anything (and then all you're getting is a bad music CD).

I tried Points.com but it says I don't have enough to trade.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 4, 2008, 7:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hertz Five Star, Southwest A-List Preferred, Marriot Gold
Just an FYI: I'm pretty sure that there is some sort of surcharge for transferring points.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 1:27 am

Programs: US Airways, IC Hotels Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ElleBelle34

I went on the Priority Club Rewards website but you really need at least 5,000 to get anything (and then all you're getting is a bad music CD).
You can get a free night for just 5,000 points from the Pointbreaks list. Link below. The list is revised periodically. Based on previous it should be updated very shortly.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...rateCode=IVANI
Old Apr 5, 2008, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Buying 2k points and using them for a Points Break night is probably your best option. You could also transfer IN to Priority Club through points.com if you have a surplus in other programmes, although the rates are not great.

Although, at the end of the day, 3000 points is next to nothing in PC. They'll never expire, so the easiest route is to totally forget about them. One day in a few years you'll find yourself at an PC hotel and you can add to the total.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 4:04 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
If U or a friend is a member of MyCokeRewards, use 625 Coke points to get 2000 PC points into your acct.
Or wait until U (or your friend) really wants to stay at a certain PointBreaks hotel, then buy 2K points for $25 cash. Or $77 for 7K points if U want room costing 10K points!
Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:08 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Plat, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold
coke rewards

Wow - didn't realize coke rewards could transfer. thanks for that tip.

Can you transfer amex points to IC?
Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Amex, IDK. Diners' Club, Yes: 1250 DC --> 1500 PC.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K; PC RA
Originally Posted by SansStatus
Can you transfer amex points to IC?
Yes, you can definitely xfer Amex MRs to Priority Club. Easily done online; no human interaction needed. Just link your PC account on the amex site and transfer away.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:50 pm

Can trade..

I can trade you for the priority club with Hyatt points. I have 9k+ of Hyatt and dont know what to do with them.
LMK.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 4:07 pm

Cindylu, 9K Hyatt points = about 20K Priority Club points. Also, Hyatt points can be transferred fee-free into a friend's acct., while PC charges a transfer fee of half the value of the darn points & the OP doesn't have enough for a room night.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 9:31 am

Programs: ALLLLLLL of them. Well, most...
Originally Posted by gwarboy
Yes, you can definitely xfer Amex MRs to Priority Club. Easily done online; no human interaction needed. Just link your PC account on the amex site and transfer away.
anyone know how quickly amex points pop into priority club?

i searched this forum and this thread is the closest i found to someone addressing it....

need to transfer some in asap for a stay for next week, but if it's not going to happen quickly (and it's a big ol' chunk of points - 75k), i will find another hotel...

regads,
katherine
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you've not done the transfer before it can take over a week as the accounts have to go through some sort of reconcilation process, I think. Subsequent transfers are quicker.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:10 am

thank you - that answers it!

Originally Posted by Raffles
If you've not done the transfer before it can take over a week as the accounts have to go through some sort of reconcilation process, I think. Subsequent transfers are quicker.
haven't ever done this transfer, and can't take the chance to wait a week or more. so...hilton, here i come!

thanks for the feedback.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BettyKat
anyone know how quickly amex points pop into priority club?
...need to transfer some in asap for a stay for next week, but if it's not going to happen quickly (and it's a big ol' chunk of points - 75k), i will find another hotel...
IME, the transfers were instant from Amex MR to PC.
What you can do to ensure that is book the reward nights through the Amex MR site. That will make the transfer happen at the same time you make the reward reservation. It really is pretty slick. It's called the "Membership Rewards Roomfinder" and can be accessed here: http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...randId=4092&N=
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:43 am

Thumbs up Holy Crap!!!

Originally Posted by soitgoes
IME, the transfers were instant from Amex MR to PC.
What you can do to ensure that is book the reward nights through the Amex MR site. That will make the transfer happen at the same time you make the reward reservation. It really is pretty slick. It's called the "Membership Rewards Roomfinder" and can be accessed here: http://www.membershiprewards.com/cat...randId=4092&N=
I'VE BEEN ON HERE FOR YEARS AND NEVER SAW THIS BEFORE. HOLY CRAP! THIS IS LIFE CHANGING!!

ok i'm done now.

seriously. i've been an amex member for years, had platinum, now gold business, had gold personal, have spg amex. membership rewards is my main currency, is what i'm trying to say. and i never heard of this rewards roomfinder.

let me tell you how ALREADY it has saved me hours of work: i am looking for a room in the outer banks for certain dates. the dates keep changing day to day as we are working on a road trip itinerary. so every day, i have to re-search each hotel web site (hhonors, priority club, etc.) to see what points are required for their hotels on certain dates.

NOW, with this new tool, i just searched for all hotels near duck, nc - not just priority club - and it popped them all up with the various pointages required.

this is a very long post just to say 'thank you' but i just have to say, i can't believe i didn't know about this sooner and i am astonished at how much time this is saving me.

regards,
katherine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.