Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC MIAMI Downtown Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
I wanted to stay here in late Feb., and I'm being quoted the same rate as the OP - so I don't think it has anything to do with a football game on.

Do they think their Plat/Ambassadir members are idiots and will shell out $400/night, not knowing they're pricelining the same rooms for a sixth the price?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:06 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Club Access for Ambassadors?

I have the option of booking the property for 30K points as a reward stay, paying $149 Govt Rate for a standard room, or $169 for a Harbor View. Will any of these options provide Club access as an Ambassador, or is the Harbor View booking necessary? Thanks.
Old May 26, 2009, 3:39 am

Programs: LH HON, PC RA
IC Miami

Stayed for six days in IC Miami during January 09.

Welcomed very well and for being an Ambassador got upped to the Club Level.
Rooms are not so modern but spacious. Some of the equipment looks a little run-down.

Staff is "typical American"... Friendly at first, but when it comes to problem solving they reach to soon the level of giving up.

Gift shop only had a lady employed that would speak Spanish only. Very bad impression left on me as a non-Spanish speaker.

Gym and Spa got renovated and were very nice. Modern equipment and friendly staff. Being an Ambassador they never charged me anything for using the Gym. However, in the room it was written that they would charge a daily fee. (Can't remember how much).

The Club Lounge is quite small, but offers a nice upgraded Continental Breakfast. But during peak hours it is way to busy up there.
In the evening they have a great Happy Hour with excellent food. Especially the Sushi Night was brilliant. My lady and me we cancelled immediately our dinner plans and ate almost all the available Sushi and Dim Sum.
Staff at the Club Lounge is very friendly, but only one gentlemen up there exceeds all expectations. Mr. A... (names are not allowed to mention here) is a fabulous person that will show you his warm heart and his friendliness, no matter what time of the day. Furthermore will he always give you a recommendation for each nights food. And usually he was right.

Overall a very nice hotel, but more the business type of hotel. Nothing for vacation....
Old Jul 9, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
IC Miami

IC Miami

My partner and I stayed at the Downtown IC in Miami for 2 nights at the start of our Florida vacation. We were using a 2-4-1 weekend voucher

Upon check-in we were upgraded from a King Club Intercontinental Room to a Suite on the 32nd Floor. The suite was very nice with good views over Bay Front Park and even the airport in the distance. It was ideal for me as a plane enthusiast as I could watch the planes come in on final approach.

Although the suite was very large, it suffered from a very small bathroom with even smaller shower cubicle. I’m sure with the size of the floorplan of the room it could have been planned better.

After our arrival from London we were both tired and went for room service. We didn’t fancy anything special and ordered cheeseburgers. Food was delivered within 30mins and was very good.

Wi-fi was complimentary after phoning reception for an access code.

The rate we booked included Breakfast, and both days we used the main restaurant for Breakfast. There was a full breakfast menu as well as full breakfast buffet. We went with the Buffet both days and it was very good in terms of both quality and selection.

We also enjoyed the Club Lounge for both afternoon tea and the cocktail hour. The afternoon tea was rather basic, but it provided a relaxing good cup of tea, which I always find difficult to locate in the US. The club lounge was directly below our room and so we enjoyed the same views as our room.
The cocktail hour was rather better with a nice selection of canapés, as well as spirits, beers and wines including Champagne. It was set up as self service but a nice friendly attendant was soon on hand if you glass was low to provide refills.

Upon checkout we found we had been charged for the breakfasts, but I explained the rate I had booked and these were soon removed.

The bell boys had soon whisked our cases away and were loading them into our awaiting car. While I tidied up the bill. These guys were great and always addressed us by name.

Overall an excellent stay, in one of the better hotels I have stayed in. If I return to MIA I will certainly return. It blows the IC West Miami out of the water but that’s another story.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 4:45 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Can pretty much confirm above review about IC Miami Downtown. Had upgrade to similar suite with club access back in April. Furnitures are dated but service was excellent.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum . AZ FrecciaAlata . IC AmbassadorPlatinum .
This is my very first post on FlyerTalk : I found this useful forum browsing over the internet and ........ now I'm here

Well , I also stayed at this nice IC on 12/30 and it has been a very positive experience .

As an Ambassador member I've been upgraded from a Standard to a King Club Intercontinental Room .

Breakfast and late evening hors d'oeuvre have been ok ! ^

Best of all , one of the nicest view all over Miami bay ^
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, Delta, United
Talking

^ I stayed at the IC Miami about a month ago. Great stay, but the weather was a bit chilly. Just platinum, so no upgrades, but still a nice room.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:30 am

Programs: Intercontinental, Delta, American, United, US Air
Originally Posted by paul.goffin
IC Miami

Overall an excellent stay, in one of the better hotels I have stayed in. If I return to MIA I will certainly return. It blows the IC West Miami out of the water but that’s another story.
wait, what is wrong with West Miami? I was planning at staying at one of these two hotels next month, but couldn't decide which, even though West Miami is half the price for the weekend I'm going. Please enlighten me... if the experience was that bad I'll gladly pay double for service and class, since this will be a stay with a visiting friend of mine.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by joannacdhanaraj
wait, what is wrong with West Miami? I was planning at staying at one of these two hotels next month, but couldn't decide which, even though West Miami is half the price for the weekend I'm going. Please enlighten me... if the experience was that bad I'll gladly pay double for service and class, since this will be a stay with a visiting friend of mine.
Price was the factor for us as well.
We booked 2 nights at the ICH Miami, and then 2 nights at the ICH West Miami for the simply reason we couldn't justify the cost.

When we arrived at the West Miami we didn't receive a upgrade (I'm Ambassador), and when I questioned it we were upgraded to a business room (read it had a fax machine).

Club Lounge was not well stocked for example no tonic water, and soon ran out of beer.
Compared to the excellent lounge at the ICH Miami, with its superb staff.

In general the service at the ICH Miami was far superior.

Finally the location of the ICH suited us better. As we could go out for walk across the part to the bars and restaurants located in Bayside Marketplace.

Overall the ICH West Miami felt more like a Crowne Plaza.
I'm not saying I wouldn't return, because it offers very good rates and its location near the airport can be an advantage depending on your circumstances.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I used to work at a company located about a mile away from the West Miami IC. While I never stayed in a guest room, we did have some corporate functions there and the food was quite better than average, and the grounds were very pleasant.

As pointed out above, the location is convenient for the airport or for those with business at one of the many companies in the area (for example, the Carnival Cruise Line HQ, the Miami branch of the Atlanta Federal Reserve, the US Army HQ for the Americas region, and Univision studios are all nearby). The Doral Country Club (a Marriott property) with its five major courses is also very close by. And shopping at the Dolphin Mall mega-outlet is a short drive away.

Of course, in such a location, walkable bars, non-chain restaurants and other entertainment are not exactly plentiful.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: Intercontinental, Delta, American, United, US Air
ok so it sounds like ic miami is probably more suited to my weekend's agenda. added plus being right in the middle of bars/restaurants... and not having to worry about parking for ultra music festival. worth 200 bucks more? i suppose so...
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:48 am

Anyone have experience with Ambassador (Gold) upgrades on reward stays? Was wondering whether this would net Club access?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by milefan
Anyone have experience with Ambassador (Gold) upgrades on reward stays? Was wondering whether this would net Club access?
My question too. If I book the Deluxe Harbor View room, Club IC and Deluxe Rooms are the next level up, at the same price point. D'ya score an upgrade to Club, anyone? BTW, I'm Ambassador Platinum.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Explore
My question too. If I book the Deluxe Harbor View room, Club IC and Deluxe Rooms are the next level up, at the same price point. D'ya score an upgrade to Club, anyone? BTW, I'm Ambassador Platinum.
I would guess a Deluxe room.

I booked a King Club Room and was upgraded to a 1bed Suite, and maintained the Club Access.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I stayed at this hotel last week and was pretty pleased. The room I was in (a regular room) was fairly newly renovated.

Full report here. Lots of pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.