InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:28 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Recently, I contacted the IC BKK and received the following response from the Guest Relations Manager regarding upgrades and RA benefits:

Dear Mr. MXM135,

Warm greetings from InterContinental Bangkok!

Thank you for choosing InterContinental as a venue for your upcoming stay in Bangkok.

Regarding to Royal Ambassador Member’s benefit, kindly find the following attach:

- Early check in from 08:00hrs

- Upgrade to Corner Suite with out club benefit or Club Deluxe with club benefit

- Complimentary beverages from the mini-bar during stay

- Guaranteed room availability (booking made 24 hours prior to arrival)

- A 100% bonus on Priority Club Rewards ‘Club Elite Status’ points

- In-room Instant Check-In

- Single occupancy rate for double occupancy

- Extended check-out until 4:00 p.m.

- Complimentary welcome drink & InterContinental Ambassador welcome gift specially selected by InterContinental Bangkok

- Fresh fruit and mineral water upon arrival

- One (1) free Pay-Movie per stay

- Complimentary World Newspaper daily

The limousine pick up will cost at THB 2600net/per car/per way for BMW7.

In addition, the hotel's upgrade policy for Royal Ambassador Members if you book one of the following 2 room types:

1 King Bed Deluxe
1 King Bed Grande Deluxe

Room will be upgrade to Corner Suite with out club benefit or Club Deluxe with club benefit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience time for further assistance.

Best regards,

Thunyanun Tangpantong (Ms.)

Guest Relations Manager

T : +66 2 656 0444 ext 6201

F : +66 2 656 0555

[email protected]

INTERCONTINENTAL BANGKOK

973 Ploenchit Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Hope this helps,

mxm135
Old Apr 24, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
By default if booking a deluxe or grand deluxe room they will upgrade you to a corner suite. If you want the club deluxe room and prefer to have it sorted out in advance then you need to contact them upfront. The Club room is the better deal IMHO given that the food offering is quite decent.

I have a booking for a Club room (using BOGO) and was upgraded online to a Club suite which I'm not certain that it actually is a 3 category upgrade. Smells like 1 category to me and I will contact them about it. Anyone has any insight on this? Thanks.

Last edited by demue; Apr 24, 2008 at 1:22 pm
Old Apr 24, 2008, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
We were told to book the Grand Deluxe and they have upgraded us to the Club Intercontinental rooms. I am an Amb. Our stay is from June 13-16
Old Apr 26, 2008, 6:05 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
I've noticed that any rooms above a Corner Suite are not available to book anymore. So, is a Corner Suite the top upgrade for a RA now?

Reason I ask is I need to book a 5 night stay in BKK in June - the IC seems very expensive now or is it me??
They're refurbishing all suites above "corner suites", therefore no upgrades or bookings for these kind of suites possible!
Old Apr 26, 2008, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
WOW your correct the rate have gone WAY WAY up. Also the upgrades have dropped. I have been staying here for a number of years. The room renovations are really nice but I have booked the Westin for next months stay. I'm also Platinum with SPG.
Old May 2, 2008, 11:43 am

Programs: IHG, BA
Originally Posted by Dennis
They're refurbishing all suites above "corner suites", therefore no upgrades or bookings for these kind of suites possible!
So, I booked a Club room for a stay in June, and looking at the reservation now, it says 1 King Bed Club Intercontinental SUITE. This IS different to the normal club room. , and I guess 1 cat higher than the Corner Suite.

I'm guessing this new room I've got is what used to be the Ambassador Suite? Can anyone confirm this?
Old May 2, 2008, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I suppose that's the problem when a dowdy property competes for years by offering very good upgrades and a modest room rate, but once it has been renovated and is up to snuff again with the competition the rates can rise and upgrades be more restrictive.
Old May 4, 2008, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by United_Flyer3
So, I booked a Club room for a stay in June, and looking at the reservation now, it says 1 King Bed Club Intercontinental SUITE. This IS different to the normal club room. , and I guess 1 cat higher than the Corner Suite.

I'm guessing this new room I've got is what used to be the Ambassador Suite? Can anyone confirm this?
Thats the exact same room we are upgraded to fro our Jun13-16 stay.
Old May 5, 2008, 3:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Thats the exact same room we are upgraded to fro our Jun13-16 stay.
I have the same upgrade to Club suite for my booked stay on Jul 4-6. However, my booking was for a Grand deluxe room and not a Club deluxe room and in the comment I requested upgrade to Club Deluxe instead of Corner Suite. My lucky day I guess

BTW, just stayed at IC BKK from Apr 29 to May 2 and got Club deluxe as requested as RA upgrade from regular deluxe room.
Old May 7, 2008, 2:48 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
IC Bangkok

What is the difference between 1 KING BED DELUXE and 1 KING BED GRANDE DELUXE? If I book any of the room will I get the 1 KING BED GRANDE DELUXE ?
Thanks!
Old May 8, 2008, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by jexelot
What is the difference between 1 KING BED DELUXE and 1 KING BED GRANDE DELUXE? If I book any of the room will I get the 1 KING BED GRANDE DELUXE ?
Thanks!
I have stayed at either room category in the past and they looked exactly the same to me. Maybe Grand Deluxe had slightly more space by a few square feet or square meters maybe but not really visible IMHO.

Also there are a lot of older threads on the IC BKK so maybe try a search. Cheers ...
Old May 8, 2008, 6:52 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
My understanding of the difference was that the Grand Deluxe rooms are on higher floors - apart from that there's no physical difference to the rooms.
Old May 9, 2008, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
My understanding of the difference was that the Grand Deluxe rooms are on higher floors - apart from that there's no physical difference to the rooms.
Hmm now that you mention it I think that was it.
Old May 9, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
How about upgrades?

Will we get automatic club upgrades?
Old May 9, 2008, 11:05 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jexelot
Will we get automatic club upgrades?
My upcoming stays: Booked Deluxe, shows upgraded to Club online. Booked Grande Deluxe(was the same price as deluxe that weekend), shows upgraded to Club InterContinental Suite online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.