InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:36 am

Programs: PRIORITY CLUB PLATINUM AMBASSADOR
Many thanx to all who contributed, I am now in the IC Bangkok, and it is a mixture of good and bad news. I arrived 8am and was afforded an early check in at no extra cost, impressed?
Chose to buy club access interestingly my paid night was charged an additional 1200++, however, the six pointsbreak nights attracted a supplement of 3200++
Breakfast was excellent as was afternoon tea, I am on my fifth glass of chardonay accompanied by adequate evening snacks......all in all whilst I was disappointed initially with 3200++ on balance it still affords excellent value given my room only cost 5000 pp points.
Room was upgraded to refurbished grand deluxe(If anyone is interested I will post photos), only downside is fairly stong smell of glue, a remnant from the recent refurb I suspect.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 3:03 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Mr_Bigglesworth
How did you get pointsbreak reservations for next nov - I can only find pointsbreak dates avail upto about mid feb?
Just to let you know that the PointBreaks stays are available from the 1st of January 2009 too, so if you want to start planning next year's trips early, you can get in now at 5000 points (I know I have ).
Old Jan 20, 2008, 5:28 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
Just to let you know that the PointBreaks stays are available from the 1st of January 2009 too, so if you want to start planning next year's trips early, you can get in now at 5000 points (I know I have ).
Nice find! Thank you ^
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
They apologized to you as in "it wont happen again" or apologized to you as in we just need to pretend like we're sorry? They won't know whether you paid 5K or 30K, so that really shouldn't matter. Sorry, but if you've stayed there 25 times I think that's an unacceptable way to reward loyalty unless the hotel was booked out totally (in which case the minibar should still be free, IMO).
Lucky, it was in a form of "pretend like we're sorry." Oh well, I don't care. I am now exclusively staying @ SPG hotels in BKK.

@ Westin GS in BKK now and was upgraded to a Deluxe Suite. I had expected some nice bathroom amenities (Molton Brown), but it was generic one.

Today, I am heading over to Sheraton GS and I've already been pre-upgraded to a Grande Suite. ^

Next day, it's Plaza Athenee LM... Let's see how that one goes!
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:09 pm

duplicate....

Last edited by brahms77; Jan 20, 2008 at 7:10 pm Reason: duplicate
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:40 pm

I normally stay at the Hyatt but as we are getting in very late and going to Sirocco for early dinner the following day decided to take the IC 5k deal.

seems a good deal for me.

how often do they change the point breaks venues? I cant book BKK for may so was wondering when the new deals are released.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:02 am
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
Not feeling the love

I'll be staying at the IC BKK next Sunday and Monday nights--Sunday on a PointsBreak, Monday on a paid rate in a Club room. I wrote Guest Relations to ask if I could stay in the same room, with the same benefits both nights. The response: for 3,200 THB I can get the Club room for the reward night, but there will be no RA benefits that night regardless. I think I'll save my money and switch rooms after the first night.
Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:49 am

Programs: Virgin (silver), KLM (silver), BA, BMI, AA, United, SPG, Priority Club (platinum)
Cool

Originally Posted by HappyCheesehead
Hi Mr. Bigglesworth. I didn't do anything special to get the points breaks for November 08. When I went to make the ressies they were just there. I made two sets of reservations, one for 5 nights on our arrival in Thailand, and a second for the two nights before we leave. All came up at 5k a night. I went out to look now and see I can no longer make new ressies at that rate on any of the nights I looked at. It must have been some fluke that they had the point breaks available so far out in the future. I have printed out my ressies and the 5 k point deductions from the Priority Club account for proof though, just in case!
I've booked a 6 night stay at the IC Bangkok - againb 5k points break in last week of Nov 08...but I had to search for it when looking at the special redemption offers. That was the only week available! So it must not have been a fluke.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by propertygirl
I've booked a 6 night stay at the IC Bangkok - againb 5k points break in last week of Nov 08...but I had to search for it when looking at the special redemption offers. That was the only week available! So it must not have been a fluke.
Hey there property girl, no fluke indeed, we just must have grabbed all the available rooms

See you there!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:01 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, CX Gold
Up until a couple of days ago IC BK had 5,000 points available all the way until Feb 15 08 - but suddenly they all reverted to 30,000 points en-masse.

Or maybe it is just showing 30K for me as I have taken my quota

Fantastic value at 5K for a Grand Deluxe renovated room - but with the property unwilling to give RA benefits at 30K I'll save the points and would rather pay and get the suite etc.

Really liked the new soft renovations (especially the AV connections)which has brought the once old fashioned rooms into 2008.

Another big positive is being able to walk through the connecting corridor to Thai Charm which, with it's a la carte menu (better quality and value than the buffet IMHO) has to be the best restaurant in any Holiday Inn in the world - if there is a better one let me know!!

As IC is often full (another reason why reward rooms at 5K is both overtly generous and surprising). I have been tempted to have the luggage pushed through the corridor to the HI for one night - but the rooms although looking ok with comfortable beds seem to suffer from HI syndrome (smells, dust etc) which means I will be jumping in a cab. For $30 to $50 more a luxury hotel can be easily found in BKK.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Hi Guys,

Is the points break still available for the IC BKK?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:49 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Hi Guys,

Is the points break still available for the IC BKK?
Unfortunately the PointBreaks for IC BKK are no longer available (dropped off the list about a week ago).
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:42 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
I haven't stayed there for at least 2 years since I always wanted to try different luxury hotels in bkk and they are relatively inexpensive, but this time wanna give IC BKK a try again. I've heard that the GRANDE DELUXE rooms at IC BKK are newly renovated. How about the rooms at the club floor? Are they renovated as well?

Should I just book the 1 KING BED DELUXE and then expect an upgrade to I KING BED GRANDE DELUXE or Should I just book the 1 KING CLUB IC? If rooms at club floor are not renovated, then I'd prefer the renovated GRANDE DELUXE room.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I haven't stayed there for at least 2 years since I always wanted to try different luxury hotels in bkk and they are relatively inexpensive, but this time wanna give IC BKK a try again. I've heard that the GRANDE DELUXE rooms at IC BKK are newly renovated. How about the rooms at the club floor? Are they renovated as well?

Should I just book the 1 KING BED DELUXE and then expect an upgrade to I KING BED GRANDE DELUXE or Should I just book the 1 KING CLUB IC? If rooms at club floor are not renovated, then I'd prefer the renovated GRANDE DELUXE room.

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
I got a note under the door saying that if I had paid for part of my stay, I would have gotten a room upgrade. But since the entire stay is on points I do not get an upgrade. But it does say I get the mini-bar beverages and the free movie. It's in writing.

Here is the written answer I received from IC Bangkok regarding this matter :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. XXX,

Greetings from InterContinental Bangkok,

Regarding to your email we are pleased to offer for 02 options as following details;

1st option: You have to pay for Deluxe room rate at THB 6,300+10% Service charge and 7% Tax per each room/night (Total 06 nights)

Then, room will be upgrading from Deluxe to Club room inclusive of breakfast and all club benefits as Royal Ambassador Membership condition.

Hotel will return the priority club point to your account for further visit.

2nd option: You to pay for surcharge at THB 3,200+10% Service charge and 7% Tax by using redemption point for deluxe room for room upgrading to Club room and entitle to club benefits as well.

Should you need further information or assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at all time.

Best regards,

Worachead (Mr.)

Reservation Supervisor

InterContinental Bangkok Thailand

T : +66 2 656 0444

F : +66 2 254 9988

[email protected]

http://www.ihg.com

INTERCONTINENTAL BANGKOK

973 Ploenchit Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

Tel: [+66] 02 656 0444

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:51 PM
To: InterContinental Bangkok
Subject: This mail concern my reservations #XXX

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

I will stay in your hotel on points from 6th to 12th February 2008.

I was told that, despite being Royal Ambassador #XXX:

- I will not get access at the InterContinental club lounge,

- but I was also told that if I had paid for part of my stay, I would have gotten a room upgrade with club access.

Would you please tell me if this information is correct or not.

If this correct, would it be possible to pay my first night (1 king bed deluxe, t THB 6,300) and get back the 5,000 points corresponding to this night.

Best regards
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
I got a note under the door saying that if I had paid for part of my stay, I would have gotten a room upgrade. But since the entire stay is on points I do not get an upgrade. But it does say I get the mini-bar beverages and the free movie. It's in writing.....
Thanks nicolas, but I am not using points for my stay this time. I will pay $$$ since 5,000 pts break was gone. It's now 30,000pts.

I was just wondering whether I should book club room or just book standard DELUXE and get upgrade to GRANDE DELUXE (newly renovated room). Besides, if anyone can tell me whether the club rooms are recently renovated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.