Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2008, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
I can't be upgraded to a King Bed Intercontinental Suite as this is exactly what I booked in the first place...
Did you know that if you book a suite they don't have to upgrade you at all? Most of the properties do but they don't have to.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 9:51 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
they will lower your rate but no upgrade at all.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:59 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by holtju2
Did you know that if you book a suite they don't have to upgrade you at all? Most of the properties do but they don't have to.
Yes, I'm aware of it. That's why I sent them a friendly email asking about it. If no and they suggest to lower my rate instead, that's fine with me too of course. I'm flexible and easy-to-handle; just want a quiet weekend before Christmas...
Old Oct 31, 2008, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If no and they suggest to lower my rate instead, that's fine with me too of course.
I'm sure that you know that they don't have to offer you discount either? Anyway it is not the best place for a quiet time before Christmas due to the ongoing renovations of the lobby, although I probably spend there night or two next week.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 4:03 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
I'm sure that you know that they don't have to offer you discount either? Anyway it is not the best place for a quiet time before Christmas due to the ongoing renovations of the lobby, although I probably spend there night or two next week.
Unfortunately that's true too. But as somewhere mentioned in this forum and in other threads, a message to the service center should (hopefully ) help. At least that's in line with a statement I once got from them. We will see...

Regarding "quiet time", can BKK be quiet at all? Enjoy your stay next week; would be great if you could report back about the process of the renovations.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 7:50 am

Programs: EVA (Gold), BMI, BA, PC Plat/Royal Amb
Thanks for the rate. Does this include being met at the gate and ushered through immigration?
I thought that I had better check this. The fast track has an additional charge at 1,500 TB + 7% Tax per person on top of the 2,600 TB for the BMW
Old Nov 2, 2008, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by solar
I thought that I had better check this. The fast track has an additional charge at 1,500 TB + 7% Tax per person on top of the 2,600 TB for the BMW
We have tried the BMW before, it is a welcome relief but in an airport like BKK I don't think fast track is necesarry, now if I was in Cairo, I will need highly recommend the fast track from the IC in Cairo.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:42 pm

It may or may not be true, but on 10/20/08 this is what the IC front desk said about the renovation schedule:

"Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok as the hotel for your upcoming stay in Bangkok. With regards to you inquiry about the reopening of the swimming pool & the lobby, please be informed that the swimming pool will be completed on November 30 and the lobby is on November 15, 2008(expected date as per schedule)."
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No special rates thats what they mean. I had already contacted the concierge about that.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HappyCheesehead
It may or may not be true, but on 10/20/08 this is what the IC front desk said about the renovation schedule:

"Thank you for choosing InterContinental Bangkok as the hotel for your upcoming stay in Bangkok. With regards to you inquiry about the reopening of the swimming pool & the lobby, please be informed that the swimming pool will be completed on November 30 and the lobby is on November 15, 2008(expected date as per schedule)."
Have you ever been to Thailand?

They are still drilling on the lobby. According to the FD personnel they hope to have the lobby ready sometime in December.

This renovation has been going on forever now so I really doubt that it will be ready by then.

Last edited by holtju2; Nov 4, 2008 at 4:11 pm
Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:31 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Regarding the renovation, I wanted to stay at the IC Bangkok in mid January, however, my TA highly advised against it saying that construction will likely still be gong on.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ejmelton
Regarding the renovation, I wanted to stay at the IC Bangkok in mid January, however, my TA highly advised against it saying that construction will likely still be gong on.
I was told by the hotel that the construction will end sometime end of Nov, I will post the email response here if I still have it.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I was told by the hotel that the construction will end sometime end of Nov, I will post the email response here if I still have it.
It won't. I am staying here right now and there is zero chance that the lobby + everything else is done by the end of this month.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the Hotels reply

Dear Mr.Djjaguar64

Sawasdee krub. I am glad to hear that you will return to Bangkok in December. Please be informed that by the end of November we expect to operate our pool and health club as usual, also the main lobby phrase 1 will completely finish. So you will enjoy with our new lobby.

On the other hand we offering a very special for regular guest as follows;

- Grand Deluxe room with advance purchase rate is only THB 5,446++ ( 6,410 baht net) these rate is not inclusive of breakfast.

- Grand Deluxe room with Best flexible rate is only THB 5,968++ ( 7,025 baht net) these rare is inclusive of breakfast for 2 person.

As you are our Ambassador member you will get upgrade to Executive Grand Deluxe room with an additional benefit of free internet, free local call (landline), 2 pieces of laundry per stay and 15 % discount for extra laundry and business center usage charge.

If I can be your further assistance or should you need any further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenient.

I am look forward to welcoming you soon.

Have a nice evening

Best Regards,

Chief Concierge
Old Nov 6, 2008, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See they "expect" them to operate not that they say that they WILL operate. Huge difference.

I was there on other night. They were still drilling on the lobby area so it was not like that they were putting the final touch yet.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.