Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
Originally Posted by drspear
could I ask you when you said to them "do Platinums get access" were you specific, that you meant get it for free
I did not specify that. I assumed that went without saying... I will report back how it went in a few days.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by Flux
I did not specify that. I assumed that went without saying... I will report back how it went in a few days.
It doesn't. Or at least it didn't when I was there last. No lounge access, but did get a nice view over Times Square. And I think internet, if I remember correctly.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by AMDB7
It doesn't. Or at least it didn't when I was there last. No lounge access, but did get a nice view over Times Square. And I think internet, if I remember correctly.
yeh I think that was what I was trying to say really.

In the interim I see Seacaucus HI is at 5000 points break, so booked that, given we want to do ellis island, but may well still come back to this one if I am sure or fairly sure the benefits will come with a points booking

keen to see the report mentioned when available ^
Old Sep 25, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I tried to book 3 nights here using points for New Yrs eve this coming January, but they only had rooms with 2 beds available. So I went with the staybridge suites in times square...hope its just as nice! opinions on that hotel?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by alrvd83
I tried to book 3 nights here using points for New Yrs eve this coming January, but they only had rooms with 2 beds available. So I went with the staybridge suites in times square...hope its just as nice! opinions on that hotel?
I have found it a useful philosophy to go ahead and book the category of room available for points, even if its not what you want, as you can just about get any room type you want in a hotel like that, cos its so large, with few exceptions. By time you arrive they just have you as a person with a booking rather than a pointstayer I always think, or at least that is how it appears

Especially applies if you are with kids, sometimes you wont get offered points stays if you list the kids, but you will if you say your party is 2 adults.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by drspear
I have found it a useful philosophy to go ahead and book the category of room available for points, even if its not what you want, as you can just about get any room type you want in a hotel like that, cos its so large, with few exceptions. By time you arrive they just have you as a person with a booking rather than a pointstayer I always think, or at least that is how it appears

Especially applies if you are with kids, sometimes you wont get offered points stays if you list the kids, but you will if you say your party is 2 adults.
Well the only room type available was for 2 double beds. That was 3 weeks ago and now there are no rooms available for rewrad redemption. NYC in times square for new yrs eve, not surprised at all.

I wanted 1 king bed, so I am glad I went with staybridge
Old Sep 26, 2011, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I have a points stay in 2 weeks time and today noticed that they had re-deposited all the points back to my account, then the next day, taken them all back again... Very odd... But, the reservation is still showing as confirmed and there in the system... Lets just hope they have a room for me when I get there!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I have a points stay in 2 weeks time and today noticed that they had re-deposited all the points back to my account, then the next day, taken them all back again... Very odd... But, the reservation is still showing as confirmed and there in the system... Lets just hope they have a room for me when I get there!
BBB - I expect a full report back from you. We are going in December for four nights on cash and points and are Plat status also.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
BBB - I expect a full report back from you. We are going in December for four nights on cash and points and are Plat status also.
I started the Trip Report about 3 months ago, already on about 13 pages... Whoops!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
Crowne Plaza offered free breakfast in a seperate "lounge" on the ground floor. However, there were no executive lounge with happy hour.
Also, I was shocked to discover that there are no minibars in any of the rooms!
The room I got was old and worn, and there was hardly any Wi-fi reception. I just felt like getting out of there as quickly as possible, so I cancelled my remaining nights and moved over to Staybridge Suites Times Square instead. And I am very glad I did!
Staybridge Suites is WAY better than CP on Times Square.
They also have happy hour with free food and drinks Tue, Wed and Thu, from 5:30 until 7:30 pm
http://www.staybridge.com/h/d/sb/1/e...sundowner.html
^
Old Sep 27, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Flux
Crowne Plaza offered free breakfast in a seperate "lounge" on the ground floor. However, there were no executive lounge with happy hour.
Also, I was shocked to discover that there are no minibars in any of the rooms!
The room I got was old and worn, and there was hardly any Wi-fi reception. I just felt like getting out of there as quickly as possible, so I cancelled my remaining nights and moved over to Staybridge Suites Times Square instead. And I am very glad I did!
Staybridge Suites is WAY better than CP on Times Square.
They also have happy hour with free food and drinks Tue, Wed and Thu, from 5:30 until 7:30 pm
http://www.staybridge.com/h/d/sb/1/e...sundowner.html
^
Oh wow! I have 3 nights booked for New yrs weekend in NYC using pts and I am a plat member. You have solidified all confidence that I have made the right choice.

thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: US,PC
I may be the odd man out. Booked Times Square CP and Staybridge TS in May using free nights(2 booking, 2 Platinum)
Staybridge is definitely nice but liked CP location much better. Staybridge area was dark, in front of bus station(port of authority).
As a Platinum, was given free internet,lounge access and late checkout at CP. One night was corner room at CP facing Times Square. Staybridge should have far more bells and whistles.

Only checked in at Staybridge and looked at the room. Didn't felt like walking to it every day.

CP rooms may have issue regarding cleanliness but make sure to bring to attention of manager if you notice something. As a plat, I am pretty sure would be treated well.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:54 am

Just spent 3 nights on points. Received free breakfast and free WiFi as a Platinum. Got voucher for the buffet breakfast at the restaurant, which was very good. If you want to stay in Times Square and Broadway area, you can not find a better location. We watched The Book of Mormon at the Eugene O'Neill theater which is practically next door to the hotel.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could not agree more JCary...

I have just had 3 nights on points. Had the free breakfast, free WiFi and were upgraded from a regular 2 x Double Bed room to a Times Square view same room type and it was fantastic. We were on the 26th (I think) floor, amazing view of TS and the staff were all brilliant. There were two of us and we had breakfast every morning, which saved us a heck of a lot of money. And, the same for the wireless, which was very quick, but saves about $60 for 3 days access. We ate at some fantastic places nearby and got great advice from the concierge.

I really can not say anything bad about this hotel. The room we had was worth over $550 a night, and on points it is just unbeatable for location and benefits for a Platinum.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I'll be staying at the hotel on cash plus points for a couple of nights next week. In the notes, I requested highest floor, quiet, far from elevator, corner room. The reservations says Hudson River view.

Anything also I might want to email the hotel about, in terms of specific floor, location, what side of the hotel to stay on, etc?

Thanks for any help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.